Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Last three pics from 2003

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,215
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,948
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,541
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,834
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,241
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,893
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6,020
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 4,110
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7,811
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• m_t1.JPG
    m_t1.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,758
  • m_t.JPG
    m_t.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 5,697
I think she needs a new tiara. If Grand Duchess J-C isn't willing to part with the more impressive jewels, then Grand-Duke Henri should buy his wife a tiara to rival his mothers :)

Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 26th, 2004 - 12:51 am
I think she needs a new tiara. If Grand Duchess J-C isn't willing to part with the more impressive jewels, then Grand-Duke Henri should buy his wife a tiara to rival his mothers :)
Much agreed! She is now the Grand Duchess. I also think that the wedding congo belgian tiara should also be not exactly done with, but, that a new wedding tiara should imerge, maybe a new one for the future hereditary grand duchess?

Gabriella said:
I also have thought that Josephine Charlotte has maybe horded some of the other jewels---
don't know about that - the Luxembourg family doesn't seem to have that much jewellry - 5(?) tiaras - and some bracelets and necklaces which can be converted - and of those there are only two - the gigantic russian tiara and Josephine-Charlottes scroll tiara - which I can't remember having seen MariaTheresa wearing

I didnt realise they all wore tiaras... has alex ever worn one, i know shes still young

state visit from Portugal:

7.jpg

8.jpg

That tiara is new? Some1 have a close up?

Well, a very wonderful pic from a emerald tiara

Attachments

• ws.JPG
    ws.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,368
  • aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,363
Last edited:
That emerald tiara is made by Chaumet and in Art Deco style. Beautiful tiara. I like these large coloured stones.

According to Danjel's site the tiara was acquired in the time of GD Charlotte's wedding to Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma.

Once again a tiara with a large diamond (below the emerald) which goes a bit wasted because of all the surrounding pavé setting of small melé. The large stone just doesn't stand out at all.

Here you can see several pictures of this very nice tiara:
http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel/luxchaumetartdecow.msnw

next tiara

Attachments

• K105509_06.jpg
    K105509_06.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 6,737
Does any one new anything about MT's wedding ring? I think this is it?

Attachments

• 0000378293-002.jpg
    0000378293-002.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,859
  • DWF15-653865.jpg
    DWF15-653865.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:
1. Wedding of Prince Haakon in August 2001
2.State Visit to Spain
3.Official photo
All photos from Corbis:

Attachments

• 0000381478-011.jpg
    0000381478-011.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,420
  • 0000378941-003.jpg
    0000378941-003.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,451
  • 0000376162-001.jpg
    0000376162-001.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,296
Last edited:
Anyone know if GD Maria Teresa has ever worn any important Tiaras inherited from her mother-in-law GD Josephine-Charlotte?And also has she ever worn a brooch, or taken from a Tiara?

The Grand Tiara

A nice closeup picture of Maria Teresa and her jewelry at the Noordeinde Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands April 24, 2006.

Source: getty images

Attachments

• 57409956.jpg
    57409956.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 7,520
^so regal looking! I'm glad she finally wore it.

It is a beautiful tiara but to me it looks a bit big for her head. Still beautiful.

Didn't that tiara belong to her mother the late Grandduchess? I'm really suprised that she wore it. I think its too big for her but she looks very regal though.

The Other Jewelry In the Hague Picture

rere said:
A nice closeup picture of Maria Teresa and her jewelry at the Noordeinde Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands April 24, 2006.

Source: getty images

The brooch looks like one of Empress Eugenie's courant floral bodice pieces. Is it?

Also what is the carat weight of the necklace?

The tear drop earrings are spectacular! Wow!:)

Last edited:
I have seen pictures of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte wearing the tiara.

Grand Duchess Charlotte was the mother of Grand Duke Jean and died in 1985. Charlotte ruled after her sister Marie-Adélaïde was forced to abdicate in 1919. Charlotte abdicated in 1964 in favour of her son, Jean, who had then been regent for three years. I included her picture from Worldroots.com.

Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was the wife of Jean and the mother of Henri and died in 2005.

Also, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa has not worn other jewelry that belongs to the family. Henri's brother's wife Sybilla is the only other family member to wear the Belgian Diamond Tiara. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was given that tiara that as a wedding present from the people of Belgium when she married prince Jean in 1953.

I don't know the carats in the necklace, but I think the necklace is the Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara. I included a picture of Maria Teresa on her wedding day. The diamond necklace was a wedding gift from the Belgian colony of the Congo to Princess Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium when whe married Jean of Luxembourg. The necklace as a wedding tiara was also worn by.Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria, Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein, and Maria Terese Mestre (Source is Royalty Danjel).

Attachments

• lux6.jpg
    lux6.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,935
  • 11a.jpg
    11a.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 3,766
Last edited:
Maria Teresa Wearing Heirlooms

A few years ago, I saw some speculation in TRF/LTR that Charlotte was denying Maria Teresa access to jewelry.

gogm said:
A few years ago, I saw some speculation in TRF/LTR that Charlotte was denying Maria Teresa access to jewelry.

Maria Theresa & the late Josephine-Charlotte didn't always share a cosy relationship...

I believe Maria Theresa gave an interiew expressing her hurt by comments made by her mother in-law regarding her Cuban background or something along those lines...maybe someone with a better knowledge of that interview could asist? :)

As for the jewelry...a situation as was seen with the Dowager Tsarina Maria Fyodorovna & Tsarina Alexandra Fyodorovna...

The Dowager Grand Duchess wanting to maintain her right to wear the jewels whilst the reigning Grand Ducal Consort (upon her hsubands accession) was now the rightful wearer of the pieces.

Not a nice situation I believe.

"MII"

Last edited:
The left picture posted by Rere in #33 is almost southeast Asian or Indian looking. Very elaborate curves.

Wow, what a gorgeous tiara and she looks wonderful. I do wish that she would wear this with a nice updo-to me it kind of looks like the tiara is sitting there very precariously with not much to hang on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom