The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

GDuchess Teresa's jewels are some of my favorites, or do I say that about everyones!!

Old 04-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Administrator

A better picture: Emerald Parure

Old 04-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Commoner

I really like this lady. She appears very down to earth. Her jewels are lovely. I can identify with her too, like her I have a rollercoaster weight problem. Like her I too have Latin blood and I also have mother in law problems.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

All I can say about MT's jewelry is: WOW! Those emeralds are amazing! I can't wait to see what she'll dig out of her vaults for Victoria's wedding.

OT: is she wearing her wedding ring on her right finger? I noticed that she's wearing an emerald ring on her left finger, which I'm assuming is part of the emerald set she is wearing.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The Royal Family of Luxembourg has an amazing collection of jewels.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Swedish Wedding.
Picture details
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

I personally hate it when MT wears the Imperial tiara, as magnificent as it is it just is wrong for her with her height and weight being as it is.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

I never like this tiara it´s so big.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

I think she also had some brooches or diamond hairclips at the back of her head. But all in all her look wasn't too successful. Somehow the proportions of the tiara didn't fit her hairstyle, her outfit, everything. Maybe this tiara is simply meant for a taller women. But MT seemed dwarfed by the jewel.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Wow, that's just way too big. Looks like part of a costume rather than like a priceless royal jewel.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Nobility

She definitely gets points for bringing out the major bling for the wedding, but the tiara doesn't look great on her today. I don't think that she should do away with wearing it completely. It suits her with the right hairstyle.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Beautiful tiara IMO, love all the work on it but it is a big too much.
The tiara wouldve worken perfectly if there was not much going on with the dress, you really dont know where to look. I like how the necklace was kept simple.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Courtier

The tiara is stunning and it looks good on MT, IMO
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Nobility

I have to agree with the critics on the presentation at the Swedish wedding. I think MT is a beautiful woman. I also believe she is probably a very nice person based on what we have seen. But she makes unfortunate choices, particularly when she is carrying more weight. Maybe it looked better without the wrapped (which was really more like a chiffon cloak) tied all around her, but I doubt it.

As far as the tiara...I find it to be a clunky, overdone piece completely lacking in elegance...even when not worn. On previous Grand Duchesses, it has worked because they had slimmer figures, long necks and, even with Margaretha and Charlotte's shorter hairstyle, a body height that can match the height required for this piece.

Unfortunately, MT doesn't recognize that this piece may be the most important and most impressive of the Luxembourg collection but it is completely wrong for her in scale and size. She cannot change her height, the length of ner neck, and even if she lost weight to match any of the previous wearers, it would still look wrong because it would look like it is weighing her down.

As others have said, she probably chose to honor the occasion and Swedish house with the most impressive piece, but I believe her presence, in an appropriately proportioned tiara would have been a suitable tribute. Her personality and heart are as impressive...she doesn't need this much bling.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

I like this tiara, is so regal, but not with this delicate dress and not with this hairstyle. Apart of the tiara, the rest of jewelery was great. It's Congo necklace?
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The Imperial tiara may look magnificent and regal, but it looked a bit funny on M-T, if I may say so. I'm not too keen on this necklace, but I absolutely loved her earrings!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:52 AM
Commoner

I don't think it's the tiara on her so much as it's a bad hairstyle for the tiara. Two pictures of her wearing it to a 2007 Belgium State Visit were posted earlier in this thread (page 3: link and link) and it appears she wore it then with some success. That being said the first picture posted here (page 2: link)of her wearing it thread was not that impressive. I think the hair (and probably the fussy dress) killed it. Considering her dress I think the Grand Duchess Marie Adelaide's Tiara would have been better.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1145914081

it looks lopsided in this picture or head is tilted?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishthanhy View Post
I don't think it's the tiara on her so much as it's a bad hairstyle for the tiara. Two pictures of her wearing it to a 2007 Belgium State Visit were posted earlier in this thread (page 3: link and link) and it appears she wore it then with some success. That being said the first picture posted here (page 2: link)of her wearing it thread was not that impressive. I think the hair (and probably the fussy dress) killed it. Considering her dress I think the Grand Duchess Marie Adelaide's Tiara would have been better.

I have to agree with you. The hair made a huge difference. It just looked awful with that hairstyle. I almost seems like MT just didn't care and told the stylist to just put it on her head and be done with it.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
A better picture: Emerald Parure
Is it this a "real" parure or it was made from different matching pieces? I only ask because I have seen a picture of Queen Astrid where I believe she is wearing the necklace as a bracelet and if I am correct this would mean that it came with J-C to Luxembourg, right?

Tags
grand duchess, jewellery, luxembourg, maria teresa