The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'd love to see that set on Stephanie; I agree that they would probably suit her better. Those earrings are utterly divine.

Same! I think it would beautiful on the hereditary grand duchess!

Old 06-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I love her aquamarines! She wears them well!

Old 06-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

Has the Grand Duchess ever worn the floral tiara, that all three of her daughters in law have worn?

I too love her aquamarine set -she does wear or well. Her citrine set is also very nice in my opinion, and she wore it well in the only picture I have seen her wearing it when she was younger. Are there any later pictures (post wearing it in the beginning days of hereditary grand duchess)?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Which tiara do you mean? There is no tiara which was worn by all three daughters-in-law.

There are two floral motiv tiaras in the Luxembourg jewel collection. The larger one, also called vine leafs tiara, was Claire’s wedding tiara, Stephanie’s pre-wedding tiara and never worn by Tessy. If my count is correct, MT wore this tiara three times.

The smaller floral tiara was worn several times by Alexandra, but never by any of the daughters-in-law. MT has worn this tiara since she came into the family and has loaned it also as wedding tiara to AD Marie Christine and Adélaïde Drapé-Frisch.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Luxembourg's Aquamarine Bandeau Tiara

I find this tiara so stunning. The color of those aquamarines are exquisite. The earrings and necklace are also very beautiful.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Luxembourg's Aquamarine Bandeau Tiara

I find this tiara so stunning. The color of those aquamarines are exquisite. The earrings and necklace are also very beautiful.
The bandeau is lovely. I so do wish M-T put the bandeau of a slightly more upright frame so that it appears a lot more tiara-like - not unlike what Mary of Denmark did with her ruby and diamond tiara. This will allow the aquamarines to be a lot less visible to being hidden in hair, and appear more contemporary.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Luxembourg Turquoise Tiara

Though the color of the turquoises are very beautiful, I don't like the overall design of the tiara.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its a nice set. Petite tiara but it is ok when worn with whole suite.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Luxembourg Turquoise Tiara

Though the color of the turquoises are very beautiful, I don't like the overall design of the tiara.
I agree. It's probably my least favorite piece in the impressive Luxembourg Royal jewel collection.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Gentry

I've recently been updating my posts on the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family. So far, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa has worn thirteen tiaras.

Amethyst Tiara (pic1)(pic2)
Aquamarine Tiara
Belgian Scroll Tiara
Citrine & Pearl Tiara
Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara
Diamond Floral Tiara
Emerald Art Deco Tiara
Emerald Peacock Necklace Tiara
Luxembourg Empire Tiara
Pearl & Diamond Choker Tiara
Sapphire & Diamond Tiara
Turquoise Tiara