The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont know why...it doesn't make sense but this is one of my all time Favorite tiaras. I just love it, very art deco. I do prefer it worn as a bandeau and I hope all the buzz about the Gatsby movie brings out some of these old ways of wearing jewels.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
This tiara has beautiful and precise art deco styling and craftsmanship.

However, the dangling diamond seems a bit of a waste. Unless the tiara is worn bandeau-style the diamond simply disappears into the hair. Plus setting a diamond against a background of diamonds doesn't do much to enhance it.

↓ ..Tiara unworn: the diamond dangling
→ Tiara worn: what diamond? (the diamond in camouflage)
I see the dangling diamond in the picture on the right! It's there -it's just buried in the blonde hair of the lady wearing the tiara. I had to really look at the picture, but it's there.

I agree with you on the idea that the dangling diamond in front of a diamond backdrop is not working well.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Aristocracy

Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: The Grand Ducal Tiara Collection
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Aristocracy

Wonderful page about the Luxembourg collection! Thank you for the link!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't even begin to choose a favorite tiara among that bling!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are all beautiful. Wow!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Chaumet Emerald Tiara

This is not one of my favorite tiaras but I do like it. That emerald is simply breathtakingly beautiful. Especially that diamond under the emerald. It does kind of remind me of Wonder Woman but I still think the tiara is very unique and interesting.
I know, there are mixed opinions about this tiara ("wonderwoman"), but I consider it a beautiful Art Deco piece. The only issue is, that GD MT seems to find not the right hair style with it. I would like to see it on Stephanie -I tend to think it could work for her with an updo.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Royal Highness

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor has a tiara in their turquoise poll that is from the Luxembourg collection. I tried to find the grand duchess Maria Theresa thread to post, but if figure that the hereditary grand duchess will wear it soon enough and I can inquire here.

So... Does anyone know about this tiara? If so, it's origins? It's a set with tiara, necklace and earrings.

Like I say, I have never seen this and in this picture the pieces look photo shopped on Maria Theresa.

Help!

Old 08-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Royal Highness

The picture is authentic, GD Maria Theresa wore this tiara once in 2008 at a state visit from Finland. In 2010 Princess Tessy wore it at the National Day gala. Nothing else is known about this tiara, afaik.

But I agree that Stphanie is likely to try this tiara within the next few years. It is great that she tried out so many tiaras so far. But apart from this turquoise tiara, there are several other smaller tiaras in the Luxembourg collection waiting for her: the small floral Diamond tiara, the emerald peacock tiara and the aquamarine bandeau are also likely candidates, imo.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Courtier

one more pic with turquoise tiara
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's Tiaras
Old 08-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for that! I love, love the Lux collection! They might have a lot of small tiaras, but, they sure do have some beautiful ones. And, holy amazing... the topaz and amethyst necklaces and earrings! Wow!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Diamond Vine Leaves Tiara

I find this tiara very beautiful. The design is very elegant and classic. It's also a great size as well. In my opinion, it's a great wedding tiara. It's definitely one of my favorite tiaras in the family. It's simply a stunning tiara.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

I am always surprised when blogs and articles claim that Maria Theresa has worn this tiara frequently. Afaik, she has only worn it three times: 2007 at the 70th birthday for King Harald, 2010 at the 70th birthday of Queen Margrethe and 2012 at the incoming State Visit of Queen Beatrix.
Did I miss other appearances? Three times, and only during the last 6 years, is not so much, imho.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

You're comment made me wonder how many times MT has worn the Luxembourg Empire Tiara. It's been three years since she's worn it, so I am assuming she rarely wears it. I read that she first started wearing the tiara after Josephine-Charlotte's death in 2005. I researched it, and found out she has only worn it four times. Here are the photos:

Pic 2
Old 09-27-2013, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Grand Duchess is a very nice person but for wearing her lot of tiaras.
Wearing a huge tiara with long hair is a catastrophe and for the Empire tiara she should have another hairdo. She should have a hairdresser who knows how to wear great tiaras as the Swedish Royal ladies are doing so well.
For the tiara collection (30) I am looking forward HDG Stephanie
Old 09-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
You're comment made me wonder how many times MT has worn the Luxembourg Empire Tiara. It's been three years since she's worn it, so I am assuming she rarely wears it. I read that she first started wearing the tiara after Josephine-Charlotte's death in 2005. I researched it, and found out she has only worn it four times. Here are the photos:

Pic 2
I am not completely sure how many times she has worn the Empire Tiara. But I have never seen pictures from other events than those you posted. Your first pic is composed of the State Visit from Belgium in 2007, the State Visit from the Netherlands in 2006 and an official portrait from around 2011. The second pic with the light blue dress is from Victoria and Daniels wedding in 2010.
The situation is similar as with the vine leaves tiara: MT only wore it a few times, and started wearing it after the death of GD Josephine Charlotte.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

When Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was alive , MT wore the Adelaide tiara or the Chaumet tiara (huge emerald) tiaras JC did not wear a lot, preferring hers.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
When Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was alive , MT wore the Adelaide tiara or the Chaumet tiara (huge emerald) tiaras JC did not wear a lot, preferring hers.
MT wore the Chaumet diamond and pearl tiara which can be worn as a choker also a lot since she became Grand Duchess.
Did she wear the wedding gift tiara from the Societe Generale while Josephine Charlotte was alive? Or did she wear it first after her death in 2005?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Scroil tiara and the Congo tiara were in the cancelled Auction in Paris !
They could have been disappeared for ever.. Thanks to the troubles of people of Luxembourg : "Selling presents even the poorest of the Country should not do that."
Grand Duke Henri had to cancel the Auction and had to pay Sotheby (Prince Philip of Wurtenberg) a huge unknown amount.
Since then MT wears the scroll tiara and the emerald bracelet as necklace.
She never wore the Congo tiara/necklace only the bracelet on her wedding day as her sisters in law.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Majesty

What brosches Does luxembourg have? There is the very Grand brosch seen in post 228 and an other brosch also big she has worn with the empire tiara,
Ther is the Diamond Rose brosch

Tags
grand duchess, jewellery, luxembourg, maria teresa