German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danjel

Aristocracy
SEE ATTACHEMENT

Attachments

• BAYERN_BAROQUE1.doc
    26 KB · Views: 2,599
The with velvet covered throne of the Bavarian Kings was made between 1841-1842, but completely destroyed in WW II. Now this copy is in the Residenz Museum.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,213
Kunigundes Crown, one of the eldest in Bayern.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 15,591
After Bayern became a Kingdom, Biennais received the order of this Kings Crown. The diamonds, rubies and emeralds are from the crowns of Emperor Charles VII and Maria Amelia. The Blue Wittelsbach Diamond has been changed by glass.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,491
The Queens Crown is part of the regalia Biennais made for the first King of Bayern Maximilian I and his wife, Carolina Frederika of Baden.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 14,327
Also this golden scepter is part of the regalia. On the top Guillaume Biennais place the King´s Crown in miniature. This scepter is covered with red rubies, emeralds and diamonds

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,102
The tiara with diamonds and pearls, made by Kaspar Rielander in 1825, shows the with diamonds covered lovers knots.

Attachments

• BAY_Lover__s_knot.jpg
    BAY_Lover__s_knot.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 14,366
Antonia of Luxembourg, wife of Rupprecht of Bayern with this tiara.

Attachments

• BAY_Prss_Antonia_Lover__s_knot1.JPG
    BAY_Prss_Antonia_Lover__s_knot1.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,619
HM Queen Marie-Therese

Attachments

• BAY_Queen_Th_r_se_LOver__s_Knot1.JPG
    BAY_Queen_Th_r_se_LOver__s_Knot1.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,129
detail of the diamond and ruby parure
another detail

Attachments

• BAY_Diamanten_en_Robijnen_Parure_detail1.JPG
    BAY_Diamanten_en_Robijnen_Parure_detail1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,708
  • BAY_Diamanten_en_Robijnen_Parure_detail1a.JPG
    BAY_Diamanten_en_Robijnen_Parure_detail1a.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 14,595
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Antoinia wearing the parure

Attachments

• BAY_Diamanten_en_Robijnen_Parure__prss_Antonia1.JPG
    BAY_Diamanten_en_Robijnen_Parure__prss_Antonia1.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 14,015
The egelantine Tiara that Kaspar Rielander heightened in 1832. I t was sold in 1931, but bought back by the family.

Attachments

• bayerncrownjewelsb.jpg
    bayerncrownjewelsb.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,612
Herzogin Elisabeth in Bayern with the egelantine Tiara

Attachments

• Herzogin_Elizabeth_in_Bayarn_Egelantierstiara.jpg
    Herzogin_Elizabeth_in_Bayarn_Egelantierstiara.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 14,185
Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Tiara

An impressive tiara owned by the German Princely Family of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn.

Attachments

• Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Tiara.jpg
    Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Tiara.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 20,537
Wied Tiara

An even more impressive diamond tiara owned by the German Princely House of Wied.

Attachments

• Wied Tiara.jpg
    Wied Tiara.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 15,811
A modest T 'n T Tiara

Not strictly noble, but too good to resist.
HSH Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis wearing a few jewels.

Attachments

• Thurn und Taxis Princess Gloria.jpg
    Thurn und Taxis Princess Gloria.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 17,715
Hesse (-Darmstadt) Tiara

Mia said:
This tiara is made by Köchert. The answer comes from Volker on Royal Jewels Message Board.

"Theophil von Hansen - an achitect(!!) and a friend of Köchert provided the designs for the beautiful diadem named "Byzantine" and for a swan parure composed if pendant and earrings. The artistry and craftsmanship manifested by the "Byzantine" diadem, with its harmonious juxtapositions of diamonds and pearls was judged impeccable and won for Köchert the first prize for jewellery at the World Exhibition in Vienna in 1873. Pictures of it frequently appeared - and still appear today - in ilustrated purblications in Germany, France, England and America.Unfortunately the diadem was later dismantled!"

I'm confused :confused: . are you referring to the beautiful tiara (worn by Alice) on post 1? If so, too bad, it's one of the best looking tiaras I've seen here, has a medieval look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know about the tiara that Zita was wearing when she married the Prince of Austria it is a very lovely tiara. I am wondering if the Bourbon-Parma royal family still owns that tiara or was it lost or sold? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Empress Zita's tiara -
a diamond tiara, made by the Austrian jeweller Köchert, given as a gift to Princess Zita on occasion of her wedding in 1887. The tiara consists of five heartshaped motifs linked by scrolls and leaves set on a bandeau base.
The tiara remained in the family, even when they went into exile, in 1951 Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen wore this at her wedding to Archduke Otto.

magnik said:
Empress Zita's tiara -
a diamond tiara, made by the Austrian jeweller Köchert, given as a gift to Princess Zita on occasion of her wedding in 1887. The tiara consists of five heartshaped motifs linked by scrolls and leaves set on a bandeau base.
The tiara remained in the family, even when they went into exile, in 1951 Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen wore this at her wedding to Archduke Otto.

It sounds interesting ;) do you have picture of it please?

Thank you Warren!
It has a lot of from some british tiaras. Especially top diamonds and base reminded me the Girls of great britian and ireland tiara ;)

mims111 said:
Thank you Warren!
It has a lot of from some british tiaras. Especially top diamonds and base reminded me the Girls of great britian and ireland tiara ;)

I was thinking that too! Its really a gorgeous tiara.

HRH Grand Duchess Feodora of Saxe-Weimar & Eisenach, nee Princess of Saxe-Meiningen is wearing a whopper on this picture, I have no idea about the present whereabouts:

groothertoginfeodoravansaksen.jpg

HRH Duchess Elisabeth of Mecklenburg, nee Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach is wearing a rather unfortunate creation, and she seems to realise it too ;) The pearls are to die for, of course.

elisa.jpg

ye Gods and little fishes, the pearls are to die for. Re the tiara if they had just left off the top circle of emeralds or whatever and just kept the bottom row of jewels the tiara would really be quite lovely but the way it is is definately overdone. But interesting nevertheless. Cheers.

Her mother, Grand Duchess Sophie of Saxe-Weimar, nee Pss of The Netherlands didn´t like to smile either. How can one look so grumpy when you have this amount of pearls almost literally showered over you. I believe they came from Russia with Sophie´s mother, Queen Anna Pavlovna.

2006-02-07-1444-51_edited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom