German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Grand Duchess Feodora of Saxe-Weimar & Eisenach, nee Princess of Saxe-Meiningen is wearing a whopper on this picture, I have no idea about the present whereabouts:
Princess Feodora of Saxe-Meiningen was the second wife of Grand Duke Wilhelm Ernst of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach.
I think that could be the tiara which belong to Princess Sophie of the NEtherlans who married in 1842 GD Carl Alexander of SWE. By this marriage a lot of priceless jewellery was brought into the royal house, since Sophie's mother was the jewel-loving Queen Anne Paulovna of the Netherlands, born Grand Duchess of Russia.

Indeed, and Queen Anna disinherited her eldest son, leaving even more jewels for Sophie to enjoy ;)

Here a picture of Princess Sophie von Wied, wife to the souvereign prince of Albania. She is born a countess of Schonburg I believe,

sophievanwiedgebprinsesvanschonburg.jpg

Sophie Pss von Schönburg-Waldenburg (Potsdam 21 May 1885-Fontaneli, Moldavia 3 Feb 1936) was a daughter of Victor von SW and Lucie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Sophie was a wife of Wilhelm I zu Wied Prince d'Albanie (1876-1945). But it's hard to say something more about this tiara.

It's a pretty tiara.

I actually have a question: We've all heard the stories about the theft of the Hesse jewels during the second world war. Aside from the Hesse Spike Tiara, I was wondering if anyone knew anything--or even had pictures of--the pieces that were either destroyed or are still owned by the family today.

Viele Danke/Much Thanks,
Chota

Check out the pearl stomacher on Grand Duchess Sophie :ohmy:

Thanks much. I like the "ears of wheat" tiara (or at least that's what I'll designate it, but does anyone know anything about the provenence of either that piece or the tiara Irena wore?

thus archduchess marie astrid have no jewels from her husbands family?

thus archduchess marie astrid have no jewels from her husbands family?
Edit: my error. What follows refers to the Belgian Astrid, not the Luxembourg Marie Astrid. Nonetheless, any excuse for a good pic! :)

(Princess/Archduchess) Astrid has been loaned some magnificant pieces from the Austria-Estes: see here. More Aosta than Habsburg, but no-one's complaining. :)
o

Last edited:
Well, Archduchess Marie-Astrid might be, as unlike her cousin Archduchess Astrid she didn´t receive/loan magnificent jewerlry from her in-laws.

To le soleil: I can´t remember many occassions where Archduchess Marie-Astrid wore elaborate jewelry after her marriage to Carl-Christian. She usually is very discrete (not only with jewels). I assume she can loan borrow some Luxembourg heirlooms from time to time though. I wonder if this branch of the Habsburg family has any important jewels. What tiara´s did Archduchesses Alexandra and Constanza wear for their weddings? A Habsburg piece or something borrowed from the de Ligne´s/ Auerspergs.

Well, Archduchess Marie-Astrid might be, as unlike her cousin Archduchess Astrid she didn´t receive/loan magnificent jewerlry from her in-laws.

To le soleil: I can´t remember many occassions where Archduchess Marie-Astrid wore elaborate jewelry after her marriage to Carl-Christian. She usually is very discrete (not only with jewels). I assume she can loan borrow some Luxembourg heirlooms from time to time though. I wonder if this branch of the Habsburg family has any important jewels. What tiara´s did Archduchesses Alexandra and Constanza wear for their weddings? A Habsburg piece or something borrowed from the de Ligne´s/ Auerspergs.

Alexandra and Constanza had the same tiara on her Wedding. Recently it was also worn by Estelle de Saint-Romain the wife of Archduke Carl Christian.

i believe the austrian empire have great jewels can u post some of which?and does it still belong to the family?

I believe most jewels of Empress Zita were stolen somewhere in the 20-ties, I don´t know anything about the other branches of the family though.

Really? How interesting! I'd never heard of their theft. Do you have an article or something to refer us to?

I don't have an article, but it was mentioned in a book I have about Zita. I will look it up later today.

Can anyone give me titles of books that I can purchase pertaining to Jewelry of the German Roya/Princely Families of Germany? I had posted this in library but no responses.

Thanks in advance!

The tiara Archduchess Francesca wore to the wedding of the Danish Crown Princely Couple is convertible into a necklace. She wore it as a necklace at a ball in Vienna. Unfortunately i have no pic.

The tiara Archduchess Francesca wore to the wedding of the Danish Crown Princely Couple is convertible into a necklace. She wore it as a necklace at a ball in Vienna. Unfortunately i have no pic.

Which one ??. The emerald tiara or her Wedding tiara, as she wore both for the Wedding festivities.

Really a beautiful piece of jewelery--who made it??

She should have done something with her hair to go with that nice piece of jewelry.

Crownprincess Stephanie of Austria, born Princess of Belgium with a nice tiara:

eugeniabelgasix4.jpg

The breathtaking Peridot parure of Archduchess Isabella:

click here.

Thanks for the link magnik, but could you provide a caption so members know what they are looking at and the significance of the picture? :)

Does anyone have clear a picture of Carina Axelsson and the tiara that she wore? Is it a Berleburg Tiara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom