The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Necklace worn by Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at the summer reception of the Bavarian state parliament:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I want to have these impressive necklace.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Necklace worn by Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at the summer reception of the Bavarian state parliament:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I want to have these impressive necklace.
it’s Too big for me , and crazy necklace , but looks nice on her

Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

LOVE that necklace.
It's huge and slightly ridiculous looking, and I wouldn't wear it myself - but it's so Gloria!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Wedding tiara at the Schwarzenberg wedding:

Old 10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Nobility

Can someone please tell me if there is a picture of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie from the wedding in Luxembourg. I would like to see, which tiara she was wearing
Old 10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Nobility

She didn't attend, because one of her friends married this weekend and she joined that ceremony.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't know the name of this tiara but it's awful! The design is horrible in my opinion. Though, I do love this stunning pearl tiara! It's absolutely exquisite!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness

The first one is a Baden tiara.. the second with the pearls is a tiara formally of the French Royal Family.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
The first one is a Baden tiara.. the second with the pearls is a tiara formally of the French Royal Family.
They are both Bavarian tiaras. The first one was waorn by Pricness Felipa at her Wedding to Christian Dienst in May 2012. The second in on display at the Treasor of the residence in Munich. Eiter this one or a Copy of it was often worn by Fürstin Marie Gabriele of Waldburg zu Zeil and Traichburg, née Princess of Bavaria.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They are both Bavarian tiaras...
Yes indeed. The second tiara is one of about half a dozen very-similar-in-design Lover's Knot tiaras that once existed (not sure how many remain intact today).

Lady Marmalade understandably confused the Bavarian Lover's Knot with the sort-of-similar-but-not-the-same Empress Eugénie Pearl and Diamond tiara (see this post) [sold by Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis in the great TnT rationalisation and now residing in the Louvre].

v The Wittelsbach Lover's Knot tiara
> Princess Marie Gabrielle wearing it

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bavaria Wittelsbach Lover's Knot Tiara.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	287544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Princess Marie Gabrielle Waldburg-Zeil neé Bavaria Lover's Knot Tiara 2004.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	287545  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They are both Bavarian tiaras. The first one was waorn by Pricness Felipa at her Wedding to Christian Dienst in May 2012.
And did belong to Queen Maria Theresia of Bavaria
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I really love Princess Sophie of Prussia's wedding tiara. A very elegant and timeless piece.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I really love Princess Sophie of Prussia's wedding tiara. A very elegant and timeless piece.
For her wedding, Sophie actually wore two tiaras - one for the religious ceremony in the morning, and one for the evening reception. The first tiara is from her family and is known as the Isenburg Floral Tiara, while the second one is from Georg Friedrich's family and is known as Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara.

A little article on both: The Isenburg Family Tiara and Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara
Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
For her wedding, Sophie actually wore two tiaras - one for the religious ceremony in the morning, and one for the evening reception. The first tiara is from her family and is known as the Isenburg Floral Tiara, while the second one is from Georg Friedrich's family and is known as Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara.

A little article on both: The Isenburg Family Tiara and Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara
And for the Gala Dinner in the evening Sophie's mother wore the Isenburg family tiara. Have seen them leaving fot the Gala but it was too dark to make pics.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Right, I forgot about that. The Meander tiara is definitely stunning as well! She is so lucky to wear two tiaras on her wedding day!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
And for the Gala Dinner in the evening Sophie's mother wore the Isenburg family tiara. Have seen them leaving fot the Gala but it was too dark to make pics.
I have seen the pictures too, I think in Bunte. If I still have my copy, I'll scan the pictures and share them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Right, I forgot about that. The Meander tiara is definitely stunning as well! She is so lucky to wear two tiaras on her wedding day!
Sophie is a girl right after my own heart: if you have access to more than one tiara - you have to wear them for the most important day of your life.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you, Artemisia, why make a choice when you can wear them both!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness

Imo, it makes perfectly sense that Sophie wanted to wear her own family tiara for her wedding, like her sisters did. Afaik the Isenburgs only have this one tiara. And since they had planned a white tie and tiara reception, the best option was to leave the Isenburg tiara for the mother of the bride, how would it have looked it the Princess of Isenburg had appeared without tiara? So changing the tiara was the best option. And my, Sophie looked glorious with the meander tiara!

Sophie's sister Isabell wore the wonderful Wied tiara.
Stefan, did you happen to see her other sister Katharina? Did she also wear a tiara?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Imo, it makes perfectly sense that Sophie wanted to wear her own family tiara for her wedding, like her sisters did. Afaik the Isenburgs only have this one tiara. And since they had planned a white tie and tiara reception, the best option was to leave the Isenburg tiara for the mother of the bride, how would it have looked it the Princess of Isenburg had appeared without tiara? So changing the tiara was the best option. And my, Sophie looked glorious with the meander tiara!

Sophie's sister Isabell wore the wonderful Wied tiara.
Stefan, did you happen to see her other sister Katharina? Did she also wear a tiara?
Yes Archduchess Katharina wore the smaller tiara from the posession of her mother-in-law Archduchess Margherita who also attended but wore no tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes Archduchess Katharina wore the smaller tiara from the posession of her mother-in-law Archduchess Margherita who also attended but wore no tiara.
Thank you, I guess that was the small tiara AD Margherita and her two daughters wore for their wedding?
How I envy you for having seen them in person. How I would like to get my hands on their private wedding album .

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery