The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Years ago the Saxe Coburg Gotha family sold a lot of their jewellery in an auction, f.ex. their rubies.
The late Prince Johannes of Thurn und Taxis ( incredible Gloria's husband) bought his wife the earrings:Sachsen-Coburg Kohari| Diadem - Tiara - Rubin Schmuck

Old 09-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

According to your link, the rubies were passed on in the female line. So the passed from Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha on to Austria and than to the Thurn und Taxis family. Unfortunately royal-magazin doesn't say who sold them for the first time, but I don't think that it was the SCG family.

Afaik Princess Sibylla didn't receive a tiara from her family, neither as a wedding present nor as inheritance. Her mother grand duchess Victoria Adelaide wore the turquoise parure at Sibylla's pre-wedding ball: http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/49...600x600Q85.jpg

Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Years ago the Saxe Coburg Gotha family sold a lot of their jewellery in an auction, f.ex. their rubies.
The late Prince Johannes of Thurn und Taxis ( incredible Gloria's husband) bought his wife the earrings:Sachsen-Coburg Kohari| Diadem - Tiara - Rubin Schmuck
Those rubies are incredible and would have looked amazing on Kelly or Stephanie! Do you know of any other pieces sold at the same time as the rubies?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
According to your link, the rubies were passed on in the female line. So the passed from Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha on to Austria and than to the Thurn und Taxis family. Unfortunately royal-magazin doesn't say who sold them for the first time, but I don't think that it was the SCG family.

Afaik Princess Sibylla didn't receive a tiara from her family, neither as a wedding present nor as inheritance. Her mother grand duchess Victoria Adelaide wore the turquoise parure at Sibylla's pre-wedding ball: http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/49...600x600Q85.jpg
I am not sure but I think I read somewhere that she got one tiara from her family...Don't take me for granted,but I think someone recently mentioned something like that in glittering jewels message board!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
I am not sure but I think I read somewhere that she got one tiara from her family...Don't take me for granted,but I think someone recently mentioned something like that in glittering jewels message board!
But there is no SCG tiara in the Swedish royal family. Maybe you are mixing it up with the Baden fringe tiara currently worn by CP Victoria? But that was obviously a present from the Baden family at the marriage of Princess Victoria of Baden and the then Swedish Crown Prince.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
very nice Tiara thanks you & vyer expensive
Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

She got the cameo Parure from Prince Eugen, the connaught tiara was an inheritace from Crown Princess Margaretha and the big aquamarine tiara which i believe was a gift from her husband.
And the ruby tiara and set belonged not to the SCG-main branch but the Kohary-branch.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

Here are two more pictures of grand duchess Victoria Adelkeid von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha. On one she wears a small diamond tiara and on the other it looks like a pearl spike tiara. Is it known what happened two these two tiaras?
http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
Old 10-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But there is no SCG tiara in the Swedish royal family. Maybe you are mixing it up with the Baden fringe tiara currently worn by CP Victoria? But that was obviously a present from the Baden family at the marriage of Princess Victoria of Baden and the then Swedish Crown Prince.
You are right,maybe I am just imagining I thought that maybe one of the tiaras of her daughter might be,but again,not sure
Old 10-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Can anyone tell me more about this tiara?It looks rather interesting and has some similar emerald settings as Henckel von Donnermarck tiara...it is supposed to be Bavaria related Countess Draskovich von Trakostjan,but don't know which one :(

Any help?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Her dripping in diamonds may be explained by the fact she is Hereditary Duchess Caroline, married to Hereditary Duke Christian of Oldenburg.
Christian is heir to his father Anton Gunther, Duke of Oldenburg, Head of the Grand Ducal House.
Here is Duchess Helene von Oldenburg wearing the same tiara as Caroline:

http://images.altesses.eu/imagesmax/e44c4a9c5e.jpg
Old 10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Here is Duchess Helene von Oldenburg wearing the same tiara as Caroline:

http://images.altesses.eu/imagesmax/e44c4a9c5e.jpg
Oh do I love that! thanks for the photo!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Majesty

Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Quote:
Yes, it's the same. Queen Ingrid had a brooch turned into a tiara as an 18th birthday present for Benedikte. The emerald in the centre can be replaced by either a diamond or by a pearl.
here also her doughter alexandra with the tiara
could not find a thread for her

photo

here with the star tiara

there is not thread for hewr sons partner Carina Axelson so here you go
carina axelsson
Old 11-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Gustav's girlfriend Carina is lucky to wear a tiara,but it always looks so fake!

I wonder if it is.....
Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

It says in Princess Benedict jewelry thread that she loaned it to Carina, maybe it is one from her husbands family????
Old 11-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Prince Gustav's girlfriend Carina is lucky to wear a tiara,but it always looks so fake!

I wonder if it is.....
She was wearing two tiaras we prior didn't know anything about...I think it was discussed somewhere that one of the tiaras were loaned to her by a noble family(Swedish or Danish-I think)and the other one by some other S-W-Berleburg member,so they are indeed real,but borrowed for the event...
Old 11-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

It was said that the floral tiara, which Carina wore at the Joachim & Marie wedding, was borrowed from a Danish friend of Benedikte. IIRC, it was Mary's first lady-in-waiting.
The spiky tiara is said to be a loan from a member of the Berleburg family. Now, I wonder who that could be? Afaik, the relationship with Prince Richard's brother isn't too good.
The fringe tiara of Princess Benedikte originates from the Berleburg family. Is anythink else known about it? Was it ever worn by Prince Richard's mother? Are there pictures of it being worn by any other lady, apart from Benedikte?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The fringe tiara of Princess Benedikte originates from the Berleburg family. Is anythink else known about it? Was it ever worn by Prince Richard's mother? Are there pictures of it being worn by any other lady, apart from Benedikte?
The fringe tiara was the posessioon of Prince Richard's grandmother who died in the early 1970's and left it to Prince Richard. Theefore it was never worn by his mother.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Courtier

It seems that famous Romanones emeralds now became part of "German jewels" as the new owner is Princess Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn:

LA OTRA CRONICA El Mundo 24 Marzo 2012 - YouKioske

Follow the link and go to page 6!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Courtier

One more German tiara:

Adel: Traumhochzeit im Schloss Amerdingen - Nachrichten Nördlingen - Augsburger Allgemeine

Still,it is not known does it belong to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg family or to Schenk von Stauffenberg family...

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery