The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2014, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you for posting another beautiful picture, Marc23!
It is funny that you compare this tiara to the Schönburg-Glauchau tiara, because the daughter of Yvonne, Irina von Hessen, wore the Hesse floral tiara on her wedding to a Schönburg-Glauchau count.
The Hesse tiara is very high and lofty, unlike the smaller and denser Schönburg-Glauchau tiara. Countess Sophie von Schönburg-Glauchau wore it to her wedding last year:
http://postimg.org/image/6alxco51t/
Are you sure it is a Schönburg-Glauchjau tiara? So far i have only seen it worn by Sophie at her Wedding last year and by her mother Marie Louise, née Princess of Prussia. So it could also come from the prussians or from Marie Louise's mother, a born Countess Hoyos.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-31-2014, 05:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Are you sure it is a Schönburg-Glauchjau tiara? So far i have only seen it worn by Sophie at her Wedding last year and by her mother Marie Louise, née Princess of Prussia. So it could also come from the prussians or from Marie Louise's mother, a born Countess Hoyos.
Well, I am pretty convinced that Princess Louise's sister-in-law, Countess Beatrix (the mother of Gloria von Thurn und Taxis), wore the same tiara at her own wedding. So the tiara can't be from Princess Marie Louise's family.

Here is a comparison pic of Countess Beatrix, Princess Louise (at the big Prussian wedding) and Countess Sophie. The wedding picture of Countess Beatrix is not very clear, the tiara obscured before the veil, but I still think that it is a floral tiara, and the outline and size of the jewel also match, imo.

http://s28.postimg.org/cldhatfml/Sch...chau_tiara.jpg

Old 05-31-2014, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Yes it looks like it is the same. Wonder why Gloria then wore it not for her Wedding. Usually noble brides wear a tiora from their own Family if there is one. Has anyone seen a Wedding pic of Countess Maya? Would be interesting to know if she wore it.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-31-2014, 07:19 AM
Royal Highness

I too am curious to see a wedding pic of Countess Maya, or their other sister-in-law, Juliet Fowler. But so far I could never find one. Maybe Gloria decided to wear the pearl tiara of Queen Eugenie because it was just too tempting and sumptuous and because she was becoming Fürstin right away on her wedding, not just the Hereditary Princess.

And it is not unheard of, that brides choose a tiara from their husband’s family. Countess Matilde Borromeo, eg. wore a Fürstenberg tiara, although there seems to be a Borromeo tiara (both her sisters wore the same diamond tiara at their respective weddings).

Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn wore a tiara that was also worn by her mother-in-law, the Princess zu Oettingen-Oettingen. Alexandra's family too still owns at least one tiara. And in all these three cases, the groom was either head of the house or the heir.

Of course my preferred solution to the problem is that of Princess Sophie von Isenburg: simply wear two different tiaras and dazzle them all!!!

Edit: Mathilde Borromeo did not marry the Fürstenberg heir, but the younger son.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Don't think Julia Fowlet has worn this tiara as her husband had rennounced his rights as oldest son prior to the Wedding.
You are of course right that brides often also wear tiaras from their husbands Family. As for the tiara worn by Matilde Borromeo i still think that it wasn't the Fürstenberg tiara she wore. Unfortunately we have not good pics from the occasion the present Fürstin wore it to compare it.

Here is a pic of the Fürstin wering it at the Wedding Gala of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg in 1993
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00001393.jpg

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

There appears to be a second large tiara in the Fürstenberg collection. I have made another comparison pic with a black-and-white picture of Fürstin Maximiliane and Mathilde Borromeo. Again I think that it must be a match.

Imo, this tiara is utterly beautiful and looks most perfect on Mathilde.

But I’m a bit disappointed that Maximiliane’s other daughter-in-law, Jeanette Griesel, did not wear a wedding tiara. She might not have been the first choice of daughter-in-law, being divorced and a commoner, but she married the hereditary prince after all. (Besides I think that nothing should ever stand in the way of a good, big, glittering bridal tiara)

View image: Fürstenberg comp
Old 05-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Had not seen a pic of one of the Fürstnberg ladies with this tiara. Yes it is strange that Jeanette wore no tiara at her Wedding. Wonder who owns them anyway. When the old Fürst Joachim Egon died in 2002 it was said that he left most to his grandson Hereditary Prince Christian to skip inheritance taxes for one generation. So it could well be that the tiara's are owned by the Hereditary Prince.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

If the thing about the inheritance is true, than it is particularly strange that Princess Jeanette didn’t wear a tiara. It seems very likely that they skipped one generation in order to save the inheritance tax.

And it occurs to me that I have to me that I made a mistake in my post above. Mathilde Borromeo did not marry the Fürstenberg heir, but the younger son.

Here is the complete pic of Fürstin Maximiliane with the diamond tiara: http://postimg.org/image/xwvfputct/
Old 06-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Princess Pauline wearing the same tiara as Princess Maximiliane:

I think there are more tiaras in Fürstenberg collection...Princess Antoinette wore turquoise one I think:

Also her sister Princess Anna Lucia:

And Princess Alexandra
zu Fürstenberg,sister of Crown Princess Marie-Chantal wore ears of wheat tiara that according to Vanity Fair of 1996 belonged to Empress Josephine:

And one pld photo of Princess Leontine
zu Fürstenberg wearing a tiara that looks similar to the turquoise one posted above,but I don't think it's the same:

There is also a tiara worn by Princess Diane zu
Fürstenberg,born Baroness von Berlichingen,who wore it at her wedding to Prince Maximilian zu Fürstenberg,son of Princess Theresia zur Lippe-Weissenfeld,former wife of Baron von Thyssen-Bornemisza:

Old 06-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

Yes you are right. Although Alexandra Miller married into another branch of the family. But there are even more. Princess Anne wore another large tiara on her wedding to James Giraldo; and Diana, Freiin von Berlichingen wore a laurel tiara on her wedding to Prince Maximilian zu Fürstenberg. But who knows how owns these tiaras, and where they originate from?

The current Fürstin Maximiliane has worn two large tiaras, and both have been seen on a lady from another generation. The pearl and diamond tiara was also worn by her mother-in-law Fürstin Paula. So this one for certain has been in the Fürstenberg family for some time.

Anna von Berlichingen with the laurel tiara: http://postimg.org/image/irw0pjq59/

Anna zu Fürstenberg: http://postimg.org/image/5dxtzbi7f/

Has anyone here ever seen a wedding picture of Fürstin Maximiliane? Has she worn a tiara at her wedding?

Edit: So you updated your post with loads of pictures while I constructed my answer! I'm late, he?
Old 06-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

That picture of Princess Leontine is amazing! What a pile of hair and jewels; and all topped with ostrich feathers! Her tiara looks smaller than that of Princess Anna Lucia, but maybe that’s just because it is dwarfed by that towering hair? I’m really not quite sure, but I don’t think that the tiaras are a match.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Looking at your pictures again, I thought that there was something blue-ish in the wedding tiara of Princess Anna Lucia. So I blew it up and really – there seem to be turquoise in it. So I made another comparison pic, as now I believe that Princesses Antoinette and Anna Lucia are wearing the same turquoise tiara. I’m still not sure about Princess Leontine. Any opinions?
View image: Fürstenberg turquoise comparison
Old 06-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Looking at your pictures again, I thought that there was something blue-ish in the wedding tiara of Princess Anna Lucia. So I blew it up and really – there seem to be turquoise in it. So I made another comparison pic, as now I believe that Princesses Antoinette and Anna Lucia are wearing the same turquoise tiara. I’m still not sure about Princess Leontine. Any opinions?
View image: Fürstenberg turquoise comparison
I think that Princess Leontine wears a different tiara than the turquoise one on Anna and Antoinette... although it looks like a similar pattern...

Btw,great picture of Princess Diane and her tiara :)

Here are two more tiaras from the Fürstenberg family worn by Leontine's mother Princess Irma:

Old 06-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Sorry, but I’m confused, do you mean her daughter-in-law, née Countess von Schönborn-Buchheim?
I think that the second picture might be a study made by the artist to prepare the full portrait. The tiara is not detailed, just the bright green stone indicates where the accent of colour will go. But the face and posture are identical. So it would be only one tiara. The pictures seem to be by Laszlo, they are very beautiful. Thanks for posting them!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Sorry, but I’m confused, do you mean her daughter-in-law, née Countess von Schönborn-Buchheim?
Yes,correct,I confused mother in law and daughter both named Leontine

Quote:
I think that the second picture might be a study made by the artist to prepare the full portrait. The tiara is not detailed, just the bright green stone indicates where the accent of colour will go. But the face and posture are identical. So it would be only one tiara. The pictures seem to be by Laszlo, they are very beautiful. Thanks for posting them!
Yes,it's a study,but the form of the tiara even in this study is different from the one above,so I assume those were 2 tiaras...
Old 06-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for your confirmation!

I'm not convinced about the study. The artist obviously concentrates on the face, which is very detailed. He doesn't bother with the tiara though, he doesn't need the details for his composition. But the placement of the emerald in both the painting and the sketch might indicate that is the same. Of course this is speculation, I don't know for sure.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Dr. Sarah Lorenz wore the Isenburg family tiara when she married Prince Alexander von Isenburg last Saturday.
http://s27.postimg.org/ngdb1fz3n/Sarah_Lorenz.jpg

Here is a comparison with Princess Sophie von Isenburg at her wedding with Prince Georg Friedrich von Preußen and Dr. Sarah Lorenz:
http://s15.postimg.org/5b9esgiyz/Isenburg.jpg
Old 07-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Royal Highness

Another diamond tiara was worn last Saturday by a noble bride. Princess Theresa von Oettingen-Oettingen und Oettingen-Spielberg got married to Carl Christian Oetker.
Donau-Ries: Fürstenhochzeit: Darum heiratetet Prinzessin Teresa in Oettingen - Nachrichten Bayern - Augsburger Allgemeine
Old 07-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Administrator

v Two close-up views of the Isenburg Floral tiara...
Made in Paris, 1860.
The thumbnail images form small cropped portions of the original and larger photographs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Isenburg Floral Tiara, made in Paris 1860.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	292051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Isenburg Floral Tiara.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	292052  
Old 07-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
v Two close-up views of the Isenburg Floral tiara...
Made in Paris, 1860.
The thumbnail images form small cropped portions of the original and larger photographs.
It is such a lovely tiara. But with all of the Isenburg siblings married, it might be a long, long wait till we see this jewel again. I don't think that there are any published pictures of an Isenburg Princess with this tiara a gala event? We have only ever seen it worn by the family's brides.

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery