German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it seems to be the same jewel. The centre looks like it could be worn as a brooch as well.

Here is a picture of Cynthia zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich & Count Richard von Waldburg zu Woflegg und Waldsee. I don’t know if the tiara is a Solms or a Waldburg jewel.
http://s27.postimg.org/3xabo2l3n/Cynthia_Solms.jpg

And I believe that she was wearing the same tiara as was Princess Christina zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich,nee Countess Douglas at her wedding:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc109/royal-travel/Carl Chrstian and Chrstina/P1050739.jpg

Photo is from Stefan's blog :)
I really cant evven imagine what it is like to make a hotel/car/air/restauraunt reservation " Let me spell it for you... z.u. S.o.l.m.s.-H.o.h.e.n.s.o.l.m.s.-L.i.c.h. " Good luck with that at JFK airport.

Last edited:
Interesting portrait! it looks vaguely similar to the tiara in this photo. Two different pieces or artistic licence?
http://s22.postimg.org/e8ijs8gch/kaiserin_Hermine.jpg

I don't think it's the same tiara...To me,this,on her head,looks more like a bracelet used as a head band or tiara...

Hermine was rich also in her own right,because of her Reuss inheritance and because of her first husband,so I assume she had many different jewels at her disposal...and due to fall of the Empire,she had less formal occasions to show them off...

She was so well off that she even gifted her inherited Burgk Castle to her sister Princess Ida zu Stoberg-Rossla...

I really cant evven imagine what it is like to make a hotel/car/air/restauraunt reservation " Let me spell it for you... z.u. S.o.l.m.s.-H.o.h.e.n.s.o.l.m.s.-L.i.c.h. " Good luck with that at JFK airport.

Try:

von Wrbna-Kaunitz-Rietberg-Questenberg und Freudenthal

or

zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Krautheim und Dyck

or more famous

zu Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg

:p

Great, that must be the emerald tiara, which can also be worn with pearls. The Princess wore the pearl-version at the wedding of her brother with Princess Benedikte of Denmark. I wonder what happened to this tiara. It is so rare to see the Hesse Princesses with their tiaras, and they use their ears-of-wheat tiara as wedding tiara.

Yes,such a shame we don't see Hessen princesses use their tiaras anymore,except for the weddings :-(

:previous:The number of tiaras in the Castell-Rüdenhausen family is amazing! I haven't seen this tiara before, though I don't think that the shape of this one is successful.

Marc23, thank you very much for sharing this picture. Do you know at which event this picture was taken?

I wonder how many of the Rüdenhausen-tiaras are still in the family and if they were worn by the various ladies of that family at the wedding of their cousin Georg Friedrich von Preußen. Unfortunately there are to few pictures from that wedding, but Countess Donata wore a tiara that used to belong to Fürstin Irene.

:previous:The number of tiaras in the Castell-Rüdenhausen family is amazing! I haven't seen this tiara before, though I don't think that the shape of this one is successful.

Marc23, thank you very much for sharing this picture. Do you know at which event this picture was taken?

I wonder how many of the Rüdenhausen-tiaras are still in the family and if they were worn by the various ladies of that family at the wedding of their cousin Georg Friedrich von Preußen. Unfortunately there are to few pictures from that wedding, but Countess Donata wore a tiara that used to belong to Fürstin Irene.

Ough,don't know about the exact event :(

We both posted everything we found from this wedding on page number 6...

I assume the Castell family in general is very well off as they own a bank,a winery and several castles that are still in their possession...so no wonder we see so many tiara's still in the family as they didn't need to sell them off...

Last edited:
Oh dear, all those unseen tiaras at the big Potsdam wedding will probably haunt me till the end of my days. I probably complained about it more often then neccessary. Sorry ! It's not that I expect more pictures just because I mention the topic. I think a just have to voice my frustration from time to time. And I like to phantasize about it from time to time.

Oh dear, all those unseen tiaras at the big Potsdam wedding will probably haunt me till the end of my days. I probably complained about it more often then neccessary. Sorry ! It's not that I expect more pictures just because I mention the topic. I think a just have to voice my frustration from time to time. And I like to phantasize about it from time to time.

I understand you completely :) I would also like to see more and more,especially about jewels of some not too widely known families,such as this one...

Last edited:
Minor royals have a lot of interesting jewels because they kept them.
Sorry that we havee no pictures of them because no photograph is focused on them anymore.
But Tilla C and Marc, thanks for your threads !

True. Really too bad there was no press allowed at last at the entrance. A loto of jewels of the german Houses could bee seen at the pre-Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg and Princess Marie zu Weid where the allowed the press to take photos inside.

:previous:T

My guess is that the Prussian have only one tiara left because otherwise Georg Friedrich would surely have loaned a tiara to his mother for this special occasion so that she did not need to borrow one from her own Family.

Last edited:
My guess is that the Prussian have only one tiara left because otherwise Georg Friedrich would surely have loabned a tiara to his mother for tghis special occasion so that she did not need to borrow one from her own Family.
At least in 2007 they still had the clover tiara of Empress Victoria Auguste. It was loaned to an exhibition in Japan: Preussen.de - Diadem-Ausstellung in Japan

Some of the clover elements are missing nowadays because they were mounted on two smaller tiaras in the 1950s.

I believe that the clover coronet must be still there, as it was not auctioned lately. (GF auctioned off the Beau Sancy diamond and that sale was very public. So I don't think he'd sell tiaras privately.)

Also I somehow hope that the smaller clover tiaras haven't been sold. It would be a crime to finally seperate them from the historical original.

Maybe Countess/Princess/Duchess Donata chose her mother's tiara because it is nicer than the clover tiaras? (At least I think that it's nicer, maybe she agrees with me.)
Maybe she thought it was safer to wear jewels from her family, so as not to tread on anybody's toes in the Prussian and Oldenburg families? I understand that there are still some family members who despise her second marriage to her former brother-in-law.

I don't remember if any of the aunts of GF were present. Is it possible that some of them borrowed the smaller clover tiaras? (I'm stubborn here, since I don't want to believe that they are gone ;))

True. Really too bad there was no press allowed at last at the entrance. A loto of jewels of the german Houses could bee seen at the pre-Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg and Princess Marie zu Weid where the allowed the press to take photos inside.
Wasn't it at first announced that the press would be allowed at the entrance, and later they changed? At the time I thought that some invitees might have complained, because they wanted more privacy.

My thoughts are that many noble families are so discreet about their jewels, because they don't want to attract thieves. Those old pieces are irreplacable. Insurance is very costly, and even the jewels are insured, the money can't replace the historic and emotional value attached to them.

But maybe I'm just imagining things.

Princess Marie Luise of Prussia,born Princess von Schaumburg-Lippe wearing an unknown tiara:

Were any Silver Wedding Tiaras made for any Princesses or Queens of the various kingdoms of Germany?

I've just found a picture of Empress Zita together with her daughters in law Regina (in middle) and Margarita at pre-wedding ball of archduke Robert with princess Margarita of Savoy-Aosta. All three wore an amazing jewels :

Zita - black pearl tiara (probably inherited from E.Sissi - in my bio about her it is said that black pearl tiara was the only one left after her death because she share most of her jewels during years after Rudolf's death),
Margarita in emerald necklace (now wearing by her daughter in law Astrid of Belgium archdss Austria Este),
Regina - quite impressiv diamond tiara but unfortunately I can not recognize it. At first I compared it with E. Zita wedding tiara and those are definitely two different pieces. Zita tiara is more massive and higher. Maybe it is other Habsburg heirloom? I am looking for any informations!

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums...mblr_ndyjwmNTyv1qzjmo0o1_1280_zpsi2czjyot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing this picture I never saw. I cannot help you for A. Regina's tiara.

I've just found a picture of Empress Zita together with her daughters in law Regina (in middle) and Margarita at pre-wedding ball of archduke Robert with princess Margarita of Savoy-Aosta. All three wore an amazing jewels :

Zita - black pearl tiara (probably inherited from E.Sissi - in my bio about her it is said that black pearl tiara was the only one left after her death because she share most of her jewels during years after Rudolf's death),
Margarita in emerald necklace (now wearing by her daughter in law Astrid of Belgium archdss Austria Este),
Regina - quite impressiv diamond tiara but unfortunately I can not recognize it. At first I compared it with E. Zita wedding tiara and those are definitely two different pieces. Zita tiara is more massive and higher. Maybe it is other Habsburg heirloom? I am looking for any informations!

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums...mblr_ndyjwmNTyv1qzjmo0o1_1280_zpsi2czjyot.jpg

I think it is the WeEdding tiara of Empress Zita and Archduchess Regina. here is another pic from that occasion whwre one can see the tiara better.
Hzt. 1953 Gala_zpstba0i4s7.jpg Photo by royal-europe | Photobucket

Great Stefan.
Next to to Empress Zita could it be Archduchess Yolande born Princess de Ligne ?
Both A.Margarita and A.Yolande are still alive.

Can anyone tell me more about this tiara?It looks rather interesting and has some similar emerald settings as Henckel von Donnermarck tiara...it is supposed to be Bavaria related Countess Draskovich von Trakostjan,but don't know which one :(

Any help?
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Replacements/Draskovic_zpsf1a31wct.jpg

Found out myself ;)

Countess Monika Draskovich von Trakostjan,born Countess von Salburg-Falkenstein...

Her husband Karl was first love of Princess Lilian of Belgium...

Another photo:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/auersperg22/Draskovich_zpsg6tvryqs.jpg
http://s23.photobucket.com/user/auersperg22/media/Draskovich_zpsg6tvryqs.jpg.html

Thanks for that Marc! Very interesting find. It is a bi similar to the Henckel emerald tiara, which also had amazing emerald spikes, though they all had screws in them.

A tiara from the Saxe-Meiningen family, worn by Princess Klara (mother of Archduchess Regina).

Klara_zpspi5ivmta.jpg

copyrights expired.

Last edited:
A tiara from the Saxe-Meiningen family, worn by Princess Klara (mother of Archduchess Regina).

Klara_zpspi5ivmta.jpg

copyrights expired.

Do we know anything about this tiara?

Do we know anything about this tiara?
From what I know her daughter Regina (who was married to Otto von Habsburg) was the only one of her children who had issue. But I have never seen this tiara on neither the Habsburg offspring nor on any of the remaining Sachsen-Meiningen cousins. I think that it was lost during or after the war, as happened to most of the noble families in the eastern part of Germany.

Here is a picture of Duchess Adelheid von Sachsen-Meiningen, mother-in-law of the above Duchess Klara. She's wearing another tiara, maybe with opals or turquoise?
(Copyright expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom