German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in the printed Issue of the magazine.

Too bad. :( I hope someone who has it will someday scan it or just picture it, so we can see many things we don't get the chance! ;)

The Habsburg Pearl Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

I dislike this tiara. I'm not fond of the design.

Me too, but it seems it's the only tiara left with the main line, not counting the Prussian Emerald Laurel Wreath one bought for Francesca by her father.

On the other hand, we don't even know for sure if the bandeau tiara is a Habsburg inheritance, as we have seen Regina's aunt, Princess Adelheid of Prussia, nee von Sachsen-Meiningen painted in two different portraits wearing the same tiara like this, which puts many question marks about the provenance of this piece, imo.

Last edited:
On the contrary, I'm quite convinced that it is a Castell-Rüdenhausen tiara. It looks like the one that Duchess Donata von Oldenburg wore at the wedding of her son Georg Friedrich von Preußen and Sophie von Isenburg. It was also worn by her mother, Fürstin Irene von Castell-Rüdenhausen, I think that was at the Lippe wedding gala.

On the contrary, I'm quite convinced that it is a Castell-Rüdenhausen tiara. It looks like the one that Duchess Donata von Oldenburg wore at the wedding of her son Georg Friedrich von Preußen and Sophie von Isenburg. It was also worn by her mother, Fürstin Irene von Castell-Rüdenhausen, I think that was at the Lippe wedding gala.
Think you could be right. I thought that the Tiara worn by Fürstin Irene and Duchess Donata was more massiv and with not so much open space. Had just at the look on the 2 pics but they are very small and not the entire tiara is visible in them so it is hard to tell.

Yes, unfortunately there are no good pics. But the number of spikes on the tiara matches on all the pics. And I think that the outline and the design match as well. Also, it would be really appropriate for the bride of the Fürst to wear the ancestral tiara.

It's such a pity that there are no better close-ups of the bride Sophia. The tiara seems to have a quite nice design.

Yes, unfortunately there are no good pics. But the number of spikes on the tiara matches on all the pics. And I think that the outline and the design match as well. Also, it would be really appropriate for the bride of the Fürst to wear the ancestral tiara.

It's such a pity that there are no better close-ups of the bride Sophia. The tiara seems to have a quite nice design.

I think you spotted well, this could be the same tiara. Unfortunately, I can't find pictures of other Castell ladies wearing the tiara. If someone has, please post.

There are some better pics where the tiara is more visible on Netty's Royal Blog:

https://www.nettyroyalblog.nl/engag...-at-a-castell-rudenhausen-wedding-in-austria/

It was the tiara the late Duchess Donata wore at her Son's Evening Wedding.

There are some better pics where the tiara is more visible on Netty's Royal Blog:

https://www.nettyroyalblog.nl/engag...-at-a-castell-rudenhausen-wedding-in-austria/
Thank you for posting the link. :flowers:
I really like the design of this tiara. It looks quite light and airy, without looking dainty. The two rows of tiny arches look quite unique, it's not a very typical design. I now wonder, if the tiara can be worn in different versions, with just the lower part or just the upper part.
So, it would make it Khevenhüller tiara. Thank you very much for spotting it :)
With some good luck, better pics of this bride and her tiara might surface as well. (At least I hope so:)). The tiara seems to be a quite airy wreath design, may with small flowers.

In an exclusie Intervie to german magazine Gala Prince Casimir and Pricness Alana told that the tiara is an Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn heirloom and that the center pearl on Top once belonged to Fürstin Margarethe of Thurn and Taxis.

I just found one more picture of Princess Helene von Thurn und Taxis wearing diamond and pearl tiara, this time for the wedding ball of her son and brother of Gabriele, Count Johann von Schönborn-Wiesentheid and Princess Antoinette zu Fürstenberg:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/PGRGDC/jo...erg-at-donaueschingen-germany-1977-PGRGDC.jpg

As Fürstin Margarethe von Thurn und Taxis(nee Archduchess of Austria) was Helene's grandmother, it is very likely that the tiara and pearl belonged to Helene and through her came to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn possession.

Again, just a thought.

What do you think?

I just found one more picture of Princess Helene von Thurn und Taxis wearing diamond and pearl tiara, this time for the wedding ball of her son and brother of Gabriele, Count Johann von Schönborn-Wiesentheid and Princess Antoinette zu Fürstenberg:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/PGRGDC/jo...erg-at-donaueschingen-germany-1977-PGRGDC.jpg

As Fürstin Margarethe von Thurn und Taxis(nee Archduchess of Austria) was Helene's grandmother, it is very likely that the tiara and pearl belonged to Helene and through her came to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn possession.

Again, just a thought.

What do you think?

And Princess Helene also wears the diamond and pearl necklace now worn by Fürstin Gabriela. She wore it for the Dinner the evening after the Wedding of Prince Casimir in June.

Again, just a thought.

What do you think?
I agree that it's very likely a heirloom from the Thurn und Taxis family. If it originated from the Schönborn-Wiesentheids, it would probably have been passed down in the mainline instead of going to Gabriele.

I assume that the lady with the turquoise tiara is the bride, Princess Marie Antoinette? Since she's wearing a blue gown, this must be a pre-wedding ball. Did she wear a tiara for her wedding ceremony?

I agree that it's very likely a heirloom from the Thurn und Taxis family. If it originated from the Schönborn-Wiesentheids, it would probably have been passed down in the mainline instead of going to Gabriele.

I assume that the lady with the turquoise tiara is the bride, Princess Marie Antoinette? Since she's wearing a blue gown, this must be a pre-wedding ball. Did she wear a tiara for her wedding ceremony?

Yes, it is Priness Marie Antoinette :) She didn't wear a tiara at her wedding ceremony. She wore flowers around her head.

I also have the same theory, that it was Thurn und Taxis heirloom(you also found out that the pearl belonged to Margarethe, Helene's grandmother), and that these jewels passed from Margarethe to Helene and through her to Gabriele and now belongs to Sayn-Witthenstein-Sayn family.

There were a lot of theories about the origin of this tiara, but I think that all of us, based on found pictures, somehow solved it ;)

Last edited:
Some of the few tiaras that I admire which were made after the 19th century and the 1920's!

The Hesse Pink topaz tiara and the versatile (diamonds, emerald, and pearls) tiara.

Queen Elizabeth, take notes from your nieces you always go german and french when it come to classic and formal tiaras and jewelry (Koch, Cartier, Boucheron, Mellerio dits Meller, Bolin, etc..) also the Danish cousins should hear this.

And this is for The Duchess of Cambridge, Queen Mathilda, Letizia, and the crown princess Mary, Victoria, and Metta merit you always go to French and Italian Jewelers( Bulgarie, JAR, and Buccellati) for contemporary and modern jewelry.

I wonder who are the sellers of Archduchess Marie Valerie jewels ?

Aaand its gone....

This morning the treasure collection called "Grünes Gewölbe" in Dresden/Germany was stolen.

"Thieves broke into Dresden's Grünes Gewölbe early Monday morning and stole priceless treasures, police said. The eastern German museum, known in English as the Green Vault, houses Europe's largest collection of treasures.
Two thieves were seen on camera entering through a window and later escaping in a vehicle.
Police said the thieves targeted the historic section of the museum, which is divided into two sections — the historic treasure chamber of Augustus II the Strong dating to 1733, and the new section, which displays individual treasures."
https://www.dw.com/en/thieves-strike-priceless-treasure-trove-in-dresden-museum-heist/a-51396783

Jewellery worth almost a BILLION Euro was stolen.:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom