German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: If so, there probably won't be any pictures leaked to the public. Do we know anything about tiaras in the couple's families? I think that the groom's aunt Princess Alexandra has worn a nice diamond tiara. But I don't know it it would be available for the bride.

:previous: If so, there probably won't be any pictures leaked to the public. Do we know anything about tiaras in the couple's families? I think that the groom's aunt Princess Alexandra has worn a nice diamond tiara. But I don't know it it would be available for the bride.

Here is a pic of the Fürst and Fürstin zu Lwesntein-Wertheim-Freudenberg i took on the Gala after the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Wedding in 2009. The Fürstin is wearing a small aquamarine diamond bandeau but it can not be seen in the pic as it is hidden behind her hair.
https://royaltravel.wordpress.com/2...ely-house-of-lowenstein-wertheim-freudenberg/
I will go to the Wedding but not sure if will stay there for the Gala in the evening as then i would habve probably have to stay there over night. And then one would probably not see the bridal couple arriving.

Last edited:
Wow, those stones in the necklace are impressive. If the bandeau is anything like it, it must be great.
I'm looking forward to your photos on your blog!

She was wearing a diamiond floral tiara with some blue stones (probably sapphires between) which was also worn by the groom's sisters at their weddings. It was also worn by their grandmother Princess Irmingard in the 1950's. I was at Andechs yesterday and managed to make some good pics of the bride yesterday. Pics will follow later on my blog.

Thank you for sharing your pics, Stefan! It seems that you had a lovely day at the wedding, though the weather might have been better.

These are the best pics I have ever seen of this tiara. I always thought that it was an ears-of-wheat tiara, but is now shows that it has floral elements as well. Very beautiful.
The tiara has also been worn by the grooms mother on some occasions, like the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna in 2005, or the pre-wedding of Princess Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger. Probably at other occasions as well, but I don't have seen pictures of that. Older wedding pictures are often not very clear, but I think that both Princess Irmingard and Princess Gabriella have worn this tiara at their weddings in the 1950s.

Duke Max' daughters wore another wedding tiara. That was the so-called Douglas tiara, which had once belonged to their grandmother Countess Ottara Douglas and is now owned by Duke Max' wife Duchess Elisabeth.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your pics, Stefan! It seems that you had a lovely day at the wedding, though the weather might have been better.

These are the best pics I have ever seen of this tiara. I always thought that it was an ears-of-wheat tiara, but is now shows that it has floral elements as well. Very beautiful.
The tiara has also been worn by the grooms mother on some occasions, like the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna in 2005, or the pre-wedding of Princess Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger. Probably at other occasions as well, but I don't have seen pictures of that. Older wedding pictures are often not very clear, but I think that both Princess Irmingard and Princess Gabriella have worn this tiara at their weddings in the 1950s.

Looking at my pics i'm pretty sure that this tiara was worn by Princess irmingard on her Wedding Day. But she posed also for pic with the bavarian Lovers Knot tiara
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/royal-europe/Bavaria/hztludwigundirmingard03.jpg?485
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/royal-europe/Bavaria/hztludwigundirmingard02.jpg?119

On the pics of the Wedding of Princess Gabrielle the tiara can not be seen clearly but i think it is a different tiara.

But it seems this tiara was also worn by Countess Beatrice of Cadran-Loterano at her Wedding to Prince Wolfgang.Thereofore i i think the tiara comes from this branch of the Family.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...a/hochzietwolfgangandbeatricelodronla.jpg?806

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you so much Stefan and prince.of.preslav for those photos.

I always want to know history of all royal jewels.

I think you are right, Stefan. Your pics are clearer than those I had, and I think that both show this sapphire (?) floral tiara.

Princes of Preslav, does your pic show Spanish tiaras? Because I can not imagine how Princess Isabella had access to one of those. It was another branch of the Bavarian family that intermarried with several Infantas of Spain.
I made a comparison of the tiara(s). Imo, they are very similar, but the leaves seem to point to the front in one of the tiaras, and in the other they point to the back. It must be a very versatile jewels of several brooches that can be assembled on the frame in different ways.
https://postimg.org/image/ecoek2ec9/

:previous:

Hi Tilia C.,

No, the picture doesn't show Spanish tiaras and jewels only. It was taken at an exhibition of Mellerio jewels.
We can see an Italian tiara just under the circled one, an aigrette similat to Anita Delgado's, etc, etc :)

That is the problem with these provincial museums, they often don't have the budget to keep the security up-to-date. Let's hope the police will find it soon, though it is likely that after 10 days the tiara will be broken up as lose diamonds are much easier to carry around & sell.

What sad news! This historic tiara is probably lost for good, with the diamonds already taken out and the metal melted down. There's a slight chance that it was stolen for some dubious 'collector', but those kind of people usually know very well how do hide their treasures. What a pity, to see such a lovely piece lost for good. :sad:

dose any one knows which tiara Princess Margarete of Hohenlohe-Langeburg is wearing in this picture ?
I think it's a fleur-de-lys tiara that the family still seems to own. I have no information on it. The three ladies in the collage below are Princess Margharita, Princess Cecile and Princess Saskia, nee Bindner. It seems to be a lego tiara, which can be worn with different constellations of the fleur-de-lys ornaments.
https://s9.postimg.org/rjbwlbp27/hohenlohe-langenberg.jpg

Did Princess Sophie marry into the Fugger banking family?
The tiara was the best element of the ensemble. I wish her dress were made of better material.

Yes. From one of the Princely lines of the family.

Her husband Constantin is the son of Count Johannes Fugger von Babenhausen and Princess Marie Elisabeth von Lobkowicz. He is also grandson of Prince Friedrich Fugger von Babenhausen and Countess Gunilla Bielke.

Imo, the tiara is a stunner! Wonder why it hasn't popped up before. :(

[...]

Imo, the tiara is a stunner! Wonder why it hasn't popped up before. :(
The tiara is obviously from the bride's side of the family, and the Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenbergs seem to be much more low key and private than the Rosenberg branch of the family. The Rosenberg's have this beautiful floral tiara, which has been seen on the Fürstin as well as on several brides. But this is the first time that I've actually seen a wedding pic from the Freudenberg branch.

The tiara is really amazing with those beautiful emerald drops. And it's huge, a real stunner. I hope to see it again.

The tiara is obviously from the bride's side of the family, and the Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenbergs seem to be much more low key and private than the Rosenberg branch of the family. The Rosenberg's have this beautiful floral tiara, which has been seen on the Fürstin as well as on several brides. But this is the first time that I've actually seen a wedding pic from the Freudenberg branch.

The tiara is really amazing with those beautiful emerald drops. And it's huge, a real stunner. I hope to see it again.

The present Fürst and Fürstin zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudneberg are more public then the old Princely Couple me thinks and one ses them a lot of Weddings and Events in the german noble Houses. But we almost never get pics from the Gala's. The other Wedding pic from this branch i have seen is the one fropm the double WEdduing of Princesses Ameli and Gertrud to Dukes Anton Günther and Peter of Oldenburg. Perhaps it was then decided that none of the sisters should wear that tiara to not overshadow the other.
But the Fürst Fürstin have 2 unmarried children so at their weddings one can hope to see this tiara again.

Thanks for reminding me about that double wedding. It would indeed have looked strange, if one of the brides wore such a whopper of a tiara and the other didn't. Although one of them could have worn an Oldenburg tiara. The Oldenburg star tiara is pretty sparkly as well and would have made a good counterpart. But then, the wedding was in 1951, and I got the impression that many German brides still opted for low-key looks in the 1950's.

Edit: The discussion about the Princely Family of Fugger has been moved here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/princely-houses-of-fugger-8447-2.html#post1997189

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom