German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess Anastasia von Mecklenburg-Schwerin wearing her mother's tiara:

Thanks for posting this interesting picture :flowers:. Afaik the tiara was made by Faberge. Do you know which event this was? I wonder if this aquamarine tiara is still with the Schleswig-Holstein family of Duchess Anastasia.

Thanks for posting this interesting picture :flowers:. Afaik the tiara was made by Faberge. Do you know which event this was? I wonder if this aquamarine tiara is still with the Schleswig-Holstein family of Duchess Anastasia.

Unfortunately,I don't,but I this picture in hanging the Glucksburg Castle,so anything is possible...I hope ;)

The Bavarian Sunburst Tiara | A Tiara a Day

In my opinion, one of the worst tiaras I have ever seen!

I would agree that it's not the best choice of tiara's.Maybe that's why they sold it...

Imo,Princess Anna looks better wearing her own family tiara(Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg) which she wore at Madeleine's wedding:

http://static02.mediaite.com/styleite/uploads/gallery/wedding-of-princess-madeleine/170165607.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/67/d6/17/67d617e7a4d73e9713f0a236f9f8fde1.jpg

The Princesses de Ligne wore for their wedding the "de Ligne tiara".
The wonderful tiara of Princess Stephanie was stolen by the Bolchevics.

The German Royals normally have kept their tiaras and jewels we are happy to see for their wedding.
I don't understand why Duke Poldi sold his ?

Last edited:
The Princesses de Ligne wore for their wedding the "de Ligne tiara".
The wonderful tiara of Princess Stephanie was stolen by the Bolchevics.

I actually like that de Ligne tiara ;)

Princess Stephanie of Belgium or...?I am not familiar with the story about the stolen tiara :(

The tiaras Carina Axelsson has worn:

The Royal Watcher

The floral tiara, and the pearl and star tiara are nice. However, the third tiara is awful in my opinion. It looks cheap looking to me.

The floral tiara, I believe, belongs to a Danish Countess, a lady in waiting to the Queen.

The third tiara is ghastly. I don't think that they are diamonds, possibly topaz or zircons.

The Württemberg Topaz Tiara | A Tiara a Day

I find this tiara breathtakingly beautiful! It's a shame there is not a lot of royal pink topaz tiaras.

I love topaz as royal jewels! This is stunning -I absolutely agree with you! One of my favorite Demi's is the Swedish pink topaz set. I have always hoped that there would one day be a tiara commissioned. I say buy this one if it ever goes on the block, it's so lovely, it is worthy of a full set.

The Cartier Indian Tiara | A Tiara a Day Without a doubt, one of the most beautiful tiaras I have ever seen!

I just wondered why this post is under German and Austrian jewels, it is owned by a member of the British Royal Family. And although HH Princess Marie-Louise was born a Princess of Schleswig Holstein, she was never anything other than a member of the British Royal Family!

I just wondered why this post is under German and Austrian jewels, it is owned by a member of the British Royal Family. And although HH Princess Marie-Louise was born a Princess of Schleswig Holstein, she was never anything other than a member of the British Royal Family!

Because she was officially a Princess von Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg,no matter where she lived,whose grand-daughter she was...she was considered a member of the British family,but not the member of reigning dynasty itself...so,she had to belong somewhere agnatically and she belonged to the dynasty her father belonged to,a German one...simple.

Last edited:
Saxe-Coburg & Gotha

Very regal photo of Duchess Viktoria Adelheid:

Does anybody know which tiara is she wearing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Tilia C. for your answer,but we have been also discussing this possibility on another forum,and most concluded that the tiaras are very similar,but if you take a closer look,they are different,so... :-/
So far, I don't see the differences. Could you give a link to that other Forum? I'd love to read that discussion:flowers:.

So far, I don't see the differences. Could you give a link to that other Forum? I'd love to read that discussion:flowers:.

Of course.It's Alexander Palace Forum.Here is the link:

Carl Edward (Karl Eduard) Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Duke of Albany & family

The bondings between the main part of the tiara are a bit different...in Viktoria Adelheid's tiara the look connected and have a bit different shape,while in Maria Alexandrovna's tiara they are standing on it's own,not connected to the main parts...

Of course,you might also be right because we don't have a closer look of Viktoria Adelheid's tiara to see the details...

Does anyone have pictures/knowledge of pieces owned by the von Thurn und Taxis family?

Princess Gisela zur Lippe-Bisterfeld,born Countess von Isenburg-Büdingen-Meerholz,aunt of Prince Leopold IV wearing a tiara:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom