German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:According to your link, the rubies were passed on in the female line. So the passed from Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha on to Austria and than to the Thurn und Taxis family. Unfortunately royal-magazin doesn't say who sold them for the first time, but I don't think that it was the SCG family.

Afaik Princess Sibylla didn't receive a tiara from her family, neither as a wedding present nor as inheritance. Her mother grand duchess Victoria Adelaide wore the turquoise parure at Sibylla's pre-wedding ball: http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/49181/2120850080105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

Years ago the Saxe Coburg Gotha family sold a lot of their jewellery in an auction, f.ex. their rubies.
The late Prince Johannes of Thurn und Taxis ( incredible Gloria's husband) bought his wife the earrings:Sachsen-Coburg Kohari| Diadem - Tiara - Rubin Schmuck

Those rubies are incredible and would have looked amazing on Kelly or Stephanie! Do you know of any other pieces sold at the same time as the rubies?

:previous:According to your link, the rubies were passed on in the female line. So the passed from Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha on to Austria and than to the Thurn und Taxis family. Unfortunately royal-magazin doesn't say who sold them for the first time, but I don't think that it was the SCG family.

Afaik Princess Sibylla didn't receive a tiara from her family, neither as a wedding present nor as inheritance. Her mother grand duchess Victoria Adelaide wore the turquoise parure at Sibylla's pre-wedding ball: http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/49181/2120850080105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

I am not sure but I think I read somewhere that she got one tiara from her family...Don't take me for granted,but I think someone recently mentioned something like that in glittering jewels message board!

Last edited:
I am not sure but I think I read somewhere that she got one tiara from her family...Don't take me for granted,but I think someone recently mentioned something like that in glittering jewels message board!
But there is no SCG tiara in the Swedish royal family. Maybe you are mixing it up with the Baden fringe tiara currently worn by CP Victoria? But that was obviously a present from the Baden family at the marriage of Princess Victoria of Baden and the then Swedish Crown Prince.

She got the cameo Parure from Prince Eugen, the connaught tiara was an inheritace from Crown Princess Margaretha and the big aquamarine tiara which i believe was a gift from her husband.
And the ruby tiara and set belonged not to the SCG-main branch but the Kohary-branch.

Last edited:
But there is no SCG tiara in the Swedish royal family. Maybe you are mixing it up with the Baden fringe tiara currently worn by CP Victoria? But that was obviously a present from the Baden family at the marriage of Princess Victoria of Baden and the then Swedish Crown Prince.

You are right,maybe I am just imagining ;) I thought that maybe one of the tiaras of her daughter might be,but again,not sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Yes, it's the same. Queen Ingrid had a brooch turned into a tiara as an 18th birthday present for Benedikte. The emerald in the centre can be replaced by either a diamond or by a pearl.
here also her doughter alexandra with the tiara
could not find a thread for her

photo

here with the star tiara

there is not thread for hewr sons partner Carina Axelson so here you go
carina axelsson

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Gustav's girlfriend Carina is lucky to wear a tiara,but it always looks so fake!

I wonder if it is.....

It says in Princess Benedict jewelry thread that she loaned it to Carina, maybe it is one from her husbands family????

Prince Gustav's girlfriend Carina is lucky to wear a tiara,but it always looks so fake!

I wonder if it is.....

She was wearing two tiaras we prior didn't know anything about...I think it was discussed somewhere that one of the tiaras were loaned to her by a noble family(Swedish or Danish-I think)and the other one by some other S-W-Berleburg member,so they are indeed real,but borrowed for the event...

It was said that the floral tiara, which Carina wore at the Joachim & Marie wedding, was borrowed from a Danish friend of Benedikte. IIRC, it was Mary's first lady-in-waiting.
The spiky tiara is said to be a loan from a member of the Berleburg family. Now, I wonder who that could be? Afaik, the relationship with Prince Richard's brother isn't too good.
The fringe tiara of Princess Benedikte originates from the Berleburg family. Is anythink else known about it? Was it ever worn by Prince Richard's mother? Are there pictures of it being worn by any other lady, apart from Benedikte?

The fringe tiara of Princess Benedikte originates from the Berleburg family. Is anythink else known about it? Was it ever worn by Prince Richard's mother? Are there pictures of it being worn by any other lady, apart from Benedikte?

The fringe tiara was the posessioon of Prince Richard's grandmother who died in the early 1970's and left it to Prince Richard. Theefore it was never worn by his mother.

LOVE that necklace.
It's huge and slightly ridiculous looking, and I wouldn't wear it myself - but it's so Gloria! ;)

Can someone please tell me if there is a picture of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie from the wedding in Luxembourg. I would like to see, which tiara she was wearing

She didn't attend, because one of her friends married this weekend and she joined that ceremony.

The first one is a Baden tiara.. the second with the pearls is a tiara formally of the French Royal Family.

The first one is a Baden tiara.. the second with the pearls is a tiara formally of the French Royal Family.

They are both Bavarian tiaras. The first one was waorn by Pricness Felipa at her Wedding to Christian Dienst in May 2012. The second in on display at the Treasor of the residence in Munich. Eiter this one or a Copy of it was often worn by Fürstin Marie Gabriele of Waldburg zu Zeil and Traichburg, née Princess of Bavaria.

Last edited:
They are both Bavarian tiaras...
Yes indeed. The second tiara is one of about half a dozen very-similar-in-design Lover's Knot tiaras that once existed (not sure how many remain intact today).

Lady Marmalade understandably confused the Bavarian Lover's Knot with the sort-of-similar-but-not-the-same Empress Eugénie Pearl and Diamond tiara (see this post) [sold by Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis in the great TnT rationalisation and now residing in the Louvre].

v The Wittelsbach Lover's Knot tiara
> Princess Marie Gabrielle wearing it

Attachments

• Bavaria Wittelsbach Lover's Knot Tiara.jpg
    Bavaria Wittelsbach Lover's Knot Tiara.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,884
  • Princess Marie Gabrielle Waldburg-Zeil neé Bavaria Lover's Knot Tiara 2004.jpg
    Princess Marie Gabrielle Waldburg-Zeil neé Bavaria Lover's Knot Tiara 2004.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,394
They are both Bavarian tiaras. The first one was waorn by Pricness Felipa at her Wedding to Christian Dienst in May 2012.

And did belong to Queen Maria Theresia of Bavaria ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom