The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Nancy_Najeem's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Necklace worn by Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at the summer reception of the Bavarian state parliament:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I want to have these impressive necklace.
it’s Too big for me , and crazy necklace , but looks nice on her
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,424
LOVE that necklace.
It's huge and slightly ridiculous looking, and I wouldn't wear it myself - but it's so Gloria!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 737
Wedding tiara at the Schwarzenberg wedding:
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...pshnykk4nu.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: salzburg, Austria
Posts: 404
Can someone please tell me if there is a picture of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie from the wedding in Luxembourg. I would like to see, which tiara she was wearing
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Seraphine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North, Germany
Posts: 432
She didn't attend, because one of her friends married this weekend and she joined that ceremony.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,255
Don't know the name of this tiara but it's awful! The design is horrible in my opinion. Though, I do love this stunning pearl tiara! It's absolutely exquisite!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,556
The first one is a Baden tiara.. the second with the pearls is a tiara formally of the French Royal Family.
__________________
Lady M
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
The first one is a Baden tiara.. the second with the pearls is a tiara formally of the French Royal Family.
They are both Bavarian tiaras. The first one was waorn by Pricness Felipa at her Wedding to Christian Dienst in May 2012. The second in on display at the Treasor of the residence in Munich. Eiter this one or a Copy of it was often worn by Fürstin Marie Gabriele of Waldburg zu Zeil and Traichburg, née Princess of Bavaria.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 12-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They are both Bavarian tiaras...
Yes indeed. The second tiara is one of about half a dozen very-similar-in-design Lover's Knot tiaras that once existed (not sure how many remain intact today).

Lady Marmalade understandably confused the Bavarian Lover's Knot with the sort-of-similar-but-not-the-same Empress Eugénie Pearl and Diamond tiara (see this post) [sold by Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis in the great TnT rationalisation and now residing in the Louvre].

v The Wittelsbach Lover's Knot tiara
> Princess Marie Gabrielle wearing it

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Princess Marie Gabrielle Waldburg-Zeil neé Bavaria Lover's Knot Tiara 2004.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	287545  
Attached Images
 
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They are both Bavarian tiaras. The first one was waorn by Pricness Felipa at her Wedding to Christian Dienst in May 2012.
And did belong to Queen Maria Theresia of Bavaria
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,255
I really love Princess Sophie of Prussia's wedding tiara. A very elegant and timeless piece.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I really love Princess Sophie of Prussia's wedding tiara. A very elegant and timeless piece.
For her wedding, Sophie actually wore two tiaras - one for the religious ceremony in the morning, and one for the evening reception. The first tiara is from her family and is known as the Isenburg Floral Tiara, while the second one is from Georg Friedrich's family and is known as Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara.

A little article on both: The Isenburg Family Tiara and Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
For her wedding, Sophie actually wore two tiaras - one for the religious ceremony in the morning, and one for the evening reception. The first tiara is from her family and is known as the Isenburg Floral Tiara, while the second one is from Georg Friedrich's family and is known as Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara.

A little article on both: The Isenburg Family Tiara and Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara
And for the Gala Dinner in the evening Sophie's mother wore the Isenburg family tiara. Have seen them leaving fot the Gala but it was too dark to make pics.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
For her wedding, Sophie actually wore two tiaras - one for the religious ceremony in the morning, and one for the evening reception. The first tiara is from her family and is known as the Isenburg Floral Tiara, while the second one is from Georg Friedrich's family and is known as Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara.

A little article on both: The Isenburg Family Tiara and Crown Princess Cecilie’s Meander Tiara
Right, I forgot about that. The Meander tiara is definitely stunning as well! She is so lucky to wear two tiaras on her wedding day!
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And for the Gala Dinner in the evening Sophie's mother wore the Isenburg family tiara. Have seen them leaving fot the Gala but it was too dark to make pics.
I have seen the pictures too, I think in Bunte. If I still have my copy, I'll scan the pictures and share them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Right, I forgot about that. The Meander tiara is definitely stunning as well! She is so lucky to wear two tiaras on her wedding day!
Sophie is a girl right after my own heart: if you have access to more than one tiara - you have to wear them for the most important day of your life.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
I agree with you, Artemisia, why make a choice when you can wear them both!
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 2,645
Imo, it makes perfectly sense that Sophie wanted to wear her own family tiara for her wedding, like her sisters did. Afaik the Isenburgs only have this one tiara. And since they had planned a white tie and tiara reception, the best option was to leave the Isenburg tiara for the mother of the bride, how would it have looked it the Princess of Isenburg had appeared without tiara? So changing the tiara was the best option. And my, Sophie looked glorious with the meander tiara!

Sophie's sister Isabell wore the wonderful Wied tiara.
Stefan, did you happen to see her other sister Katharina? Did she also wear a tiara?
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Imo, it makes perfectly sense that Sophie wanted to wear her own family tiara for her wedding, like her sisters did. Afaik the Isenburgs only have this one tiara. And since they had planned a white tie and tiara reception, the best option was to leave the Isenburg tiara for the mother of the bride, how would it have looked it the Princess of Isenburg had appeared without tiara? So changing the tiara was the best option. And my, Sophie looked glorious with the meander tiara!

Sophie's sister Isabell wore the wonderful Wied tiara.
Stefan, did you happen to see her other sister Katharina? Did she also wear a tiara?
Yes Archduchess Katharina wore the smaller tiara from the posession of her mother-in-law Archduchess Margherita who also attended but wore no tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 2,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes Archduchess Katharina wore the smaller tiara from the posession of her mother-in-law Archduchess Margherita who also attended but wore no tiara.
Thank you, I guess that was the small tiara AD Margherita and her two daughters wore for their wedding?
How I envy you for having seen them in person. How I would like to get my hands on their private wedding album .
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you, I guess that was the small tiara AD Margherita and her two daughters wore for their wedding?
How I envy you for having seen them in person. How I would like to get my hands on their private wedding album .
Yes it was this tiara. That would be really something to get heir hand on their private Albums.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
German & Austrian Royalty and Nobility Ritka Royal Library 73 Yesterday 04:59 PM
Avatars of German-Austrian Royals Her_Majesty Royal Families of Germany and Austria 21 09-11-2011 02:21 PM
The German-Austrian Royal, Princely and Mediatised Families & their Heads Marengo Royal Families of Germany and Austria 15 10-05-2009 05:44 AM
Other German/Austrian News Sites Harold Royal Families of Germany and Austria 3 02-09-2008 02:24 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium best outfit brussels carl philip crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death fashion fashion poll funeral infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima nobility official visit photo session picture of the week poland president gauck president hollande president komorowski prince carl philip prince daniel prince frederik prince henrik princess astrid princess beatrix princess caroline princess charlene princess madeleine princess mary princess mette-marit princess of asturias queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]