The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2019, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There are some better pics where the tiara is more visible on Netty's Royal Blog:

https://www.nettyroyalblog.nl/engage...ng-in-austria/
Thank you for posting the link.
I really like the design of this tiara. It looks quite light and airy, without looking dainty. The two rows of tiny arches look quite unique, it's not a very typical design. I now wonder, if the tiara can be worn in different versions, with just the lower part or just the upper part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
So, it would make it Khevenhüller tiara. Thank you very much for spotting it :)
With some good luck, better pics of this bride and her tiara might surface as well. (At least I hope so). The tiara seems to be a quite airy wreath design, may with small flowers.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Royal Highness

Few more pictures from Castell-Mautner wedding, including guests and tiara:

http://royaltyguide.nl/special/2019-...astell-Rud.htm

Old 07-31-2019, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
In an exclusie Intervie to german magazine Gala Prince Casimir and Pricness Alana told that the tiara is an Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn heirloom and that the center pearl on Top once belonged to Fürstin Margarethe of Thurn and Taxis.
I just found one more picture of Princess Helene von Thurn und Taxis wearing diamond and pearl tiara, this time for the wedding ball of her son and brother of Gabriele, Count Johann von Schönborn-Wiesentheid and Princess Antoinette zu Fürstenberg:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/PGRGDC/joh...977-PGRGDC.jpg

As Fürstin Margarethe von Thurn und Taxis(nee Archduchess of Austria) was Helene's grandmother, it is very likely that the tiara and pearl belonged to Helene and through her came to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn possession.

Again, just a thought.

What do you think?
Old 07-31-2019, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just found one more picture of Princess Helene von Thurn und Taxis wearing diamond and pearl tiara, this time for the wedding ball of her son and brother of Gabriele, Count Johann von Schönborn-Wiesentheid and Princess Antoinette zu Fürstenberg:

As Fürstin Margarethe von Thurn und Taxis(nee Archduchess of Austria) was Helene's grandmother, it is very likely that the tiara and pearl belonged to Helene and through her came to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn possession.

Again, just a thought.

What do you think?

And Princess Helene also wears the diamond and pearl necklace now worn by Fürstin Gabriela. She wore it for the Dinner the evening after the Wedding of Prince Casimir in June.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Again, just a thought.

What do you think?
I agree that it's very likely a heirloom from the Thurn und Taxis family. If it originated from the Schönborn-Wiesentheids, it would probably have been passed down in the mainline instead of going to Gabriele.

I assume that the lady with the turquoise tiara is the bride, Princess Marie Antoinette? Since she's wearing a blue gown, this must be a pre-wedding ball. Did she wear a tiara for her wedding ceremony?
Old 07-31-2019, 04:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree that it's very likely a heirloom from the Thurn und Taxis family. If it originated from the Schönborn-Wiesentheids, it would probably have been passed down in the mainline instead of going to Gabriele.

I assume that the lady with the turquoise tiara is the bride, Princess Marie Antoinette? Since she's wearing a blue gown, this must be a pre-wedding ball. Did she wear a tiara for her wedding ceremony?
Yes, it is Priness Marie Antoinette :) She didn't wear a tiara at her wedding ceremony. She wore flowers around her head.

I also have the same theory, that it was Thurn und Taxis heirloom(you also found out that the pearl belonged to Margarethe, Helene's grandmother), and that these jewels passed from Margarethe to Helene and through her to Gabriele and now belongs to Sayn-Witthenstein-Sayn family.

There were a lot of theories about the origin of this tiara, but I think that all of us, based on found pictures, somehow solved it
Old 09-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Some of the few tiaras that I admire which were made after the 19th century and the 1920's!

The Hesse Pink topaz tiara and the versatile (diamonds, emerald, and pearls) tiara.

Queen Elizabeth, take notes from your nieces you always go german and french when it come to classic and formal tiaras and jewelry (Koch, Cartier, Boucheron, Mellerio dits Meller, Bolin, etc..) also the Danish cousins should hear this.

And this is for The Duchess of Cambridge, Queen Mathilda, Letizia, and the crown princess Mary, Victoria, and Metta merit you always go to French and Italian Jewelers( Bulgarie, JAR, and Buccellati) for contemporary and modern jewelry.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Bigger photo and slightly different angle of Princess Jutta von Mecklenburg-Strelitz wearing her wedding gift tiara:

https://portalanalitika.me/storage/2...previewOrg.jpg
Old 11-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Since I can't put in British Crown jewels thread as this tiara does not belong to Crown jewels, I will put it here:

Princess Margaret of Prussia, Duchess of Connaught wearing unknown tiara:

https://sun9-3.userapi.com/c855028/v...giZVcyuOVI.jpg

https://sun9-47.userapi.com/c857016/...Nmze9bxpQc.jpg

Do we know anything about this delicate tiara?
Old 11-10-2019, 06:37 AM
Courtier

https://members2.boardhost.com/royal...572361609.html

I had the chance to see the tiara and brooch one week ago at the Dorotheum. Beautiful pieces . Since I love pearls - if I would have the pocket money - I would buy it for myself. :-)
Old 11-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post

I had the chance to see the tiara and brooch one week ago at the Dorotheum. Beautiful pieces . Since I love pearls - if I would have the pocket money - I would buy it for myself. :-)
Plus another article about it:
Archduchess Marie Valerie's Pearl Tiara | The Court Jeweller
Old 11-10-2019, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder who are the sellers of Archduchess Marie Valerie jewels ?
Old 11-10-2019, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post

That's a really beautiful and ornate diamond and pearl tiara/brooch ,would be wonderful if it was bought by a reigning house and was worn again.

16th of November,1528 : Birth of Jeanne d'Albret,Queen of Navarre

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery