The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2018, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Does she usually wear her mother’s tiara or has she never been pictured wearing a tiara before?
Both ladies wear their tiaras very well. Perfectly styled which is unfortunately not always the case at the German weddings.

For her pre Wedding Gala she wore the bavarian diamond rosette tiara and for her Wedding the douglas floral tiara. The only other time she was pictured wearing one was the pre Wedding Gala of her sister Elisabeth in 2004 when she wore the bavarian diamond and pearl floral tiara. For the pre Wedding Galas of her sister Sophie and her brother-in-law Friedrich she wore none.

Of course there could have been other occasions where she wore one but was not pictured.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For her pre Wedding Gala she wore the bavarian diamond rosette tiara and for her Wedding the douglas floral tiara. The only other time she was pictured wearing one was the pre Wedding Gala of her sister Elisabeth in 2004 when she wore the bavarian diamond and pearl floral tiara. For the pre Wedding Galas of her sister Sophie and her brother-in-law Friedrich she wore none.

Of course there could have been other occasions where she wore one but was not pictured.
Duchess Marie wore the Bavarian Diamond tiara at least three times:
- 2005 at the wedding of Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- 2005 at her sister Elizabeth's pre-wedding ball
- 2011 at the wedding of Prince Georg Friederich of Prussia and Princess Sophie of Isenburg.
The confusing thing is, that she wore the same gown and jewels at all three events, so the pics can be a bit difficult to tell apart.
This is the first time that I see a pic of her with a Württemberg tiara. And the ruby tiara suits her really well.

I assume that these pics are just an appetizer, and that more will be published in Point de Vue in November.

Edit: Do we know anything about the origins of the Bavarian rosette tiara? I have only see it worn by Marie and her sister Elisabeth.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

If i only had known earlier that there would be a white tie Ball on the evening of the Wedding as i was at Tegernsee on Saturday but had to leave in the early afternoon because i had to get my train.

Did we get to see a pic of her at the prussian Wedding? Can't remember. Had thought there was none of her from that occasion. Vincent Meylan says the ruby Parure is now owned by Duke Philipp.

Apparently there will be also more pics in the coming Issue of Poiunt de Vue.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
If i only had kn own earlier that there would be a white tie Ball on the evening of the Wedding as i was at Tegernsee on Saturday but had to leave in the early afternoon because i had to gett my train.

Did we get to see a pic of her at the prussian Wedding? Can't remember. Had thought there was none of her from that occasion. Vincent Meylan says the ruby Parure is now owned by Duke Philipp.

Apparently there will be also more pics in the coming Issue of Poiunt de Vue.
If I understand it correctly Vincent Meylan said on his Instagram that there would be both an ordinary issue featuring the wedding but also a special Royal jewellry issue in November.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

There was a picture of her and her husband on APA picture desk, but I can't find it again right know.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:17 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the wonderful photos and the update on PdV. Both ladies look wonderful and indeed the tiaras are perfectly placed. I will see if I can find a copy of the magazine.

The Instagram post of Mr. Meylan claims that the Ruby parure and a Turquoise parure now belong to Duke Philip.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara Returns! | The Court Jeweller

A very stunning and regal tiara.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

The printet Issue of Bunte has some Pictures of the Wedding Ball

Duchess Marie of Württemberg in what looks to be the tiara worn by Duchess Mathilde at her Wedding and a diamond and sapphire necklace she has worn a few times.
Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein in the habsburg fringe tiara
Duchess Elizsabdeth in Bavaria (terberger) in the bavarian diamond and peral floral tiara
Landgravine Floria of Hesse in the Hesse ears-of-wheat tiara
Princess Ursula of Bavaria in a diamond tiara 8can not say which one as the pics is small)
no tiara for Duchess Julia of Württemberg.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

I just managed to get hold of a copy. Really, the pics might be a bit bigger for my taste, but well, better than nothing.

The tiara worn be Duchess Marie looks so big, while I always thought that the one worn by Duchess Mathilde was very small. I'm really impressed, it looks very beautiful on her.

Ursula von Bayern seems to be wearing the Spencer tiara look-a-like that she has worn in Sweden twice, but it's really a bit difficult to make out.

I would have loved to see the grandmothers with their tiaras as well, and a better pic of the bride at the reception. Maybe we will see other pics in Point de Vue next month? They'll look at it from the French angle and are bound to picture Duchess Diane.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I just managed to get hold of a copy. Really, the pics might be a bit bigger for my taste, but well, better than nothing.

The tiara worn be Duchess Marie looks so big, while I always thought that the one worn by Duchess Mathilde was very small. I'm really impressed, it looks very beautiful on her.

Ursula von Bayern seems to be wearing the Spencer tiara look-a-like that she has worn in Sweden twice, but it's really a bit difficult to make out.

I would have loved to see the grandmothers with their tiaras as well, and a better pic of the bride at the reception. Maybe we will see other pics in Point de Vue next month? They'll look at it from the French angle and are bound to picture Duchess Diane.

I thjink the reason is that the tiara looked smaller on Mathilde is that the base was woven into her hair.
As for the grandmothers Duchess Diane told in an Interview with Point de Vue after the civil Wedding that they would not attend the Ball but leave after the reception after the Wedding because it tires the Duke when there are so many people around and everyone talks.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Ekaterina of Hannover wore an impressive pair of earrings at the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank in Windsor. The earrings consist of a small pearl and diamond cluster from which a very large drop-shaped pearl with diamond cap is suspended. I haven't seen these earrings worn by another Hannover lady, although Crown Princess Thyra has been depicted wearing two large pearl drops suspended from various necklaces and brooches.
You can see a picture HERE
Old 11-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Princess Tatjana von Hessen(Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berrleburg):
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...psc0ae6b3f.jpg
Is Princess Tatjana's tiara a Hesse tiara or a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berrleburg tiara?
Old 12-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Antonia of Schaumburg-Lippe:

https://www.gettyimages.de/fotos/sch...t=mostpopular#

Reminds me of her wedding tiara and have fake alert.

What do you think? Would she, now being a Princess, allow herself to wear fake bridal tiaras or not?
Old 12-31-2018, 07:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Best Royal Jewels of 2018: #4 (Wedding Tiaras in Germany) | The Court Jeweller

These tiaras are very beautiful.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Wow, need to see more of these kind of jewels. I am sure there is a lot more in the vaults of many German royal and noble families, but sadly they are rarely pictured and chances that we could see something like that are rare.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

There must have been loads of tiaras at the Württemberg wedding ball. But only a handfull of pictures have been published, which is really disappointing. That ball must have been splendid in terms of jewels!

Old 01-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
There must have been loads of tiaras at the Württemberg wedding ball. But only a handfull of pictures have been published, which is really disappointing. That ball must have been splendid in terms of jewels!
Point de Vue had quite a few pictures from the wedding
Old 01-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Point de Vue had quite a few pictures from the wedding

Mainly from the Family and unfortunately the pictures in the magazine are very small.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Viktoria Luise zu Schaumburg-Lippe (born in 1940), later Countess von Stackelberg and von Görne wearing tiara and necklace:

https://scontent.fbeg4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...14&oe=5CFB2145
Old 02-07-2019, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Princess Viktoria Luise zu Schaumburg-Lippe (born in 1940), later Countess von Stackelberg and von Görne wearing tiara and necklace:

https://scontent.fbeg4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...14&oe=5CFB2145
It says the picture was taken at the Wedding Ball of her nephew Fürst Alexander in 2007.

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery