The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That picture is from the wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist. You can really see the small tiara very well.

I find it a bit misleading to call the tiara the 'Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg fringe tiara', because there is another tiara that deserves this name even more: the fringe frequently worn by Princess Benedikte.
You are right...it could be called small diamond fringe tiara or I don't know, as indeed it's misleading when called just Sayn fringe tiara.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:16 AM
Majesty

Empress Zita's Wedding Tiara | The Court Jeweller

A stunning and regal tiara. This tiara is amazing.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:08 AM
Majesty

Lovely...such a shame it appears to have been sold/dismantled.

LaRae
Old 10-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps if Karl would had married a Royal Highness we should have seen the tiara again. The tiara must have been a gift to Archduke Otto.
No Zita 's two daughter wore the tiara on their wedding day.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Perhaps if Karl would had married a Royal Highness we should have seen the tiara again. The tiara must have been a gift to Archduke Otto.
No Zita 's two daughter wore the tiara on their wedding day.
Archduchesses Elisabeth and Charlotte wore different tiaras at their Weddings. It had been reported at the time of the Wedding that Archduchess Regina gave her wedding Jewels to the Statue of the Virgin Mary at Maria Zell but as she wore it in 1953 for the wedding Ball of Archduke Robert the tiara can not have been among the Jewels given away.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Nobility

Sotheby's has an auction next week that features some amazing jewels:

Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels | Sotheby's

There are a couple of tremendous yellow diamonds, legendary items really (Sotheby's has the back-story), that originally come from the Henckels von Donnersmarck family, and then some lovely 19th century pieces of Wurttemberg provenance. In particular I like a quirky looking diamond ears-of-wheat tiara that is being offered.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:54 AM

I can identify the Lady on the first unknown photo:
It is Duchess Caroline von Oldenburg, nee' Countess zu Rantzau
Old 11-14-2017, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZIPO View Post
I can identify the Lady on the first unknown photo:
It is Duchess Caroline von Oldenburg, nee' Countess zu Rantzau
Which unknown photo? Where?
Old 12-04-2017, 01:24 AM
Majesty

An Emerald Wedding Tiara in Wertheim | The Court Jeweller

Simply a stunning tiara. I love the emeralds.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:30 PM
Majesty

The Best Royal Jewels of 2017: #3 (German Wedding Tiaras) | The Court Jeweller

A wonderful set of tiaras!
Old 12-31-2017, 08:42 PM
Majesty

I love the last two, they are beautiful

The first one seems odd to me. The overall design is lovely, but the stones are just weird. If I wasn't told they were emeralds I would never have thought they were. Maybe its just the photo. And they seem oddly placed on the tiara, like a kid's art project.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:54 AM
Majesty

The Brunswick Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love this tiara. Very beautiful and regal.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know, could this be one same tiara, here worn by Princess Adelheid of Priussia, born von Sachsen-Meiningen and Archduchess Regina of Austria, born Princess von Sachsen-Meiningen?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/15/64/ff/1...fb573da82e.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/v87kg.jpg

It was later worn by some other Habsburg ladies, Archduchess Monika, Regina's daughter and Archduchess Francesca, her daughter in law.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7d/20/a6/7...yal-jewels.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/10xennm.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2rxvdxu.jpg

What do you think?
Old 02-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Does anyone know, could this be one same tiara, here worn by Princess Adelheid of Priussia, born von Sachsen-Meiningen and Archduchess Regina of Austria, born Princess von Sachsen-Meiningen?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/15/64/ff/1...fb573da82e.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/v87kg.jpg

It was later worn by some other Habsburg ladies, Archduchess Monika, Regina's daughter and Archduchess Francesca, her daughter in law.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7d/20/a6/7...yal-jewels.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/10xennm.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2rxvdxu.jpg

What do you think?
There's definitely a resemblance
Old 02-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What a great find! I can see the resemblance too: the amount of pearls, the openness of the piece and the height. At the RJWMB they are speculating that the tiara may have been the base of a larger one and got modified over the years.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
What a great find! I can see the resemblance too: the amount of pearls, the openness of the piece and the height. At the RJWMB they are speculating that the tiara may have been the base of a larger one and got modified over the years.
Yes, I know. For years I tried to become a member there(RJWMB), but somehow I just can't. :( That's why I posted my thoughts here.

The speculation about Regina's jewels made me think about what I noticed. There is also one other pastel portrait of Princess Adelheid of Saxe-Meiningen wearing the same bandeau tiara.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Great find, Marc23! The bandeau pictured in the portrait of Princess Adelheid looks definitely like the bandeau worn by AD Regina and Francesca. On the RJWMB they speculate that this is the base of Empress Zita's tiara, but imho the resemblance is only vague. There are no pearls in Zita's tiara, eg., but there are in Adelheid's bandeau. And as Marengo already pointed out, the number of pearls, the proportions and the spacing are a match.

The portrait of Princess Adelheid looks like early twentieth century, when smaller bandeau tiaras had become en vogue. So it could very well be jewel that designed as a bandeau, and not just a base of a bigger tiara.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

The bandeau's look reallythe same but how would it come from Princess Adelheid to Archduchess Regina? Adelheid had children herself.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The bandeau's look reallythe same but how would it come from Princess Adelheid to Archduchess Regina? Adelheid had children herself.
Well, Adelheid was Regina's aunt. Maybe the tiara actually belonged to Regina's grandmother and Adelheid's mother, Princess Adelheid zur Lippe. She died only in 1948 and after her death Regina might have inherited it, while Adelheid of Prussia might have borrowed her mother's jewels to wear for the portrait. If u can, please post Adelheid's portrait to RJWMB, maybe someone will find the connection.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Dear Stefan, thank you so much for posting pic of Adelheid on other jewels board and maybe gathering some other thoughts about this piece of jewel. :)

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery