Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Her ruby family tiara now sold.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
dose any one knows which tiara Princess Margarete of Hohenlohe-Langeburg is wearing in this picture ?
I think it's a fleur-de-lys tiara that the family still seems to own. I have no information on it. The three ladies in the collage below are Princess Margharita, Princess Cecile and Princess Saskia, nee Bindner. It seems to be a lego tiara, which can be worn with different constellations of the fleur-de-lys ornaments.
https://s9.postimg.org/rjbwlbp27/hoh...langenberg.jpg

Old 05-18-2017, 12:08 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Wednesday): Grand Duchess Hilda’s Tiara

I find this tiara very stunning and regal. Mesmerizing and elegant design.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Courtier

Princess Marianne of Baden wearing the meander kokoshnik worn before by Princess Marie Louise of Baden, nee Hannover .
Old 06-11-2017, 01:38 AM
Serene Highness

Another Thurn und Taxis tiara, this time worn by Antonia von Sachsen-Gassaphe:

https://royal-magazin.de/german/thur...att-diadem.htm
Old 06-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Countess Sophie Fugger von Babenhausen, nee Princess zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg wearing stunning Löwenstein diamond and emerald tiara:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

It previously belonged to Princess Margarethe zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg, who was wearing this tiara at the wedding of Princess Alexandrine of Denmark:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Old 06-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Another Thurn und Taxis tiara, this time worn by Antonia von Sachsen-Gassaphe:

https://royal-magazin.de/german/thur...att-diadem.htm
I am wondering is there a book of the history and their jewels on this family? They have some very interesting pieces of jewelry and being a fan of royal jewels I would be interested in reading more on this family.
Thank You.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Countess Sophie Fugger von Babenhausen, nee Princess zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg wearing stunning Löwenstein diamond and emerald tiara:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet ... [snipped]
Did Princess Sophie marry into the Fugger banking family?
The tiara was the best element of the ensemble. I wish her dress were made of better material.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Did Princess Sophie marry into the Fugger banking family?
The tiara was the best element of the ensemble. I wish her dress were made of better material.
Yes. From one of the Princely lines of the family.

Her husband Constantin is the son of Count Johannes Fugger von Babenhausen and Princess Marie Elisabeth von Lobkowicz. He is also grandson of Prince Friedrich Fugger von Babenhausen and Countess Gunilla Bielke.

Imo, the tiara is a stunner! Wonder why it hasn't popped up before. :(
Old 06-27-2017, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
[...]

Imo, the tiara is a stunner! Wonder why it hasn't popped up before. :(
The tiara is obviously from the bride's side of the family, and the Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenbergs seem to be much more low key and private than the Rosenberg branch of the family. The Rosenberg's have this beautiful floral tiara, which has been seen on the Fürstin as well as on several brides. But this is the first time that I've actually seen a wedding pic from the Freudenberg branch.

The tiara is really amazing with those beautiful emerald drops. And it's huge, a real stunner. I hope to see it again.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The tiara is obviously from the bride's side of the family, and the Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenbergs seem to be much more low key and private than the Rosenberg branch of the family. The Rosenberg's have this beautiful floral tiara, which has been seen on the Fürstin as well as on several brides. But this is the first time that I've actually seen a wedding pic from the Freudenberg branch.

The tiara is really amazing with those beautiful emerald drops. And it's huge, a real stunner. I hope to see it again.
The present Fürst and Fürstin zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudneberg are more public then the old Princely Couple me thinks and one ses them a lot of Weddings and Events in the german noble Houses. But we almost never get pics from the Gala's. The other Wedding pic from this branch i have seen is the one fropm the double WEdduing of Princesses Ameli and Gertrud to Dukes Anton Günther and Peter of Oldenburg. Perhaps it was then decided that none of the sisters should wear that tiara to not overshadow the other.
But the Fürst Fürstin have 2 unmarried children so at their weddings one can hope to see this tiara again.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for reminding me about that double wedding. It would indeed have looked strange, if one of the brides wore such a whopper of a tiara and the other didn't. Although one of them could have worn an Oldenburg tiara. The Oldenburg star tiara is pretty sparkly as well and would have made a good counterpart. But then, the wedding was in 1951, and I got the impression that many German brides still opted for low-key looks in the 1950's.

Edit: The discussion about the Princely Family of Fugger has been moved here:
Princely Houses of Fugger

Old 06-28-2017, 02:02 AM
Majesty

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017...theim.html?m=1

A very regal and unique tiara.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Have now updated my Blog Post about the wedding of Pricness Sophie zu löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudeng and Count Constantin Fugger of Babenhausen with pics pf the guests arriving to the Gala

https://royaltravel.wordpress.com/20...g-in-wertheim/
Old 06-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Many many Thanks Stefan for the tiara Event.
Special mention and help for 4 tiaras.
1. Katherine von Habsbourg
2. Quadt tiara
3. Marie of Wurtenberg (pearl and diamand tiara never seen before
4. Great Parue for Anastasia Lowenstein W.R.
MO
Old 06-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Many many Thanks Stefan for the tiara Event.
Special mention and help for 4 tiaras.
1. Katherine von Habsbourg
2. Quadt tiara
3. Marie of Wurtenberg (pearl and diamand tiara never seen before
4. Great Parue for Anastasia Lowenstein W.R.
MO
Archduchess Katharina did not attend. Do you perhaps confuse her with Princess Isabelle zu Leiningen ?
The fringe necklace worn by Fürstin Anastasia zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg was worn as tiara by her daughter Princess Christina at the prussian Wedding Gala in 2011.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Stefan, these pictures are treasure for my eyes...

Many not so known royals and nobles with stunning tiaras!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Have now updated my Blog Post about the wedding of Pricness Sophie zu löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudeng and Count Constantin Fugger of Babenhausen with pics pf the guests arriving to the Gala

https://royaltravel.wordpress.com/20...g-in-wertheim/
Few questions:

Do you maybe know who is the lady visible behind Count Heinrich and Countess Anette zu Ortenburg?

Was she wearing a complete emeralds and diamonds parure what it seems.

Have we ever seen before Quadt tiara, Waldburg-Wolfegg-Waldsee huge tiara, Neipperg tiara, Leiningen tiara, Bentheim-Tecklenburg small tiara or a tiara worn by Maria Gabriela von Waldburg-Zeil-Trauchburg, Countess de Monseignat?

I mean seen like this Löwenstein wedding tiara that popped up like after 80 or something years...
Old 07-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Few questions:

Do you maybe know who is the lady visible behind Count Heinrich and Countess Anette zu Ortenburg?

Was she wearing a complete emeralds and diamonds parure what it seems.

Have we ever seen before Quadt tiara, Waldburg-Wolfegg-Waldsee huge tiara, Neipperg tiara, Leiningen tiara, Bentheim-Tecklenburg small tiara or a tiara worn by Maria Gabriela von Waldburg-Zeil-Trauchburg, Countess de Monseignat?

I mean seen like this Löwenstein wedding tiara that popped up like after 80 or something years...

I have once seen a pics of Fürstin Charlotte of Quadt wearing a tiara but don't know if it is the same. And for Waldburg-Woflegg Countess Caroline wor a tiara at her first Weding to Fürst Philipp zu Stolberg-Wernigerdoe but it is hard to tell from the phoots if is the same.
As for the Neipperg tiara it think it could be a tiara fro Countess Sigweis family as i have never seen her sister in-law Andrea wearing a tiara and also her daughter's have not worn tiara's at their weddings.
Dont know about the other tiaras.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

We know now the the Princess Marie of Wurtenberg wore the tiara of the unmartied Duchess Antonia of Wurtenberg.

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery