The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #601  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,281
Stunning tiara and necklace worn by Anneliese von Bohlen und Halbach:

https://strangeflowers.files.wordpre.../arndt0001.jpg

Wonder if Princess Henriette von Auersperg inherited anything from her mother in law since her husband Arndt died before his mother.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Stunning tiara and necklace worn by Anneliese von Bohlen und Halbach:

https://strangeflowers.files.wordpre.../arndt0001.jpg

Wonder if Princess Henriette von Auersperg inherited anything from her mother in law since her husband Arndt died before his mother.
Highly unlikely. And if she did, my guess was sold off long ago.

Arndt was a homosexual. Their marriage was one of convenience. They met when she was looking for work as she was broke, and he needed a hostess. He was disinherited from his family. His father created the family foundation instead and his son recieved 2 million a year to live off. And the family castle in Morocco. It doesn't sound like Henriette had much contact with her in laws. When her husband died, he was practically bankrupt. After taxes she was left with only the castle. Another home had been sold off. She rented out most of the castle and later all if it to lay up keep. And seems to be trying to sell it.

So basically any jewels she may have inherited from her mother in law, would likely have hit the jewel section of Sotheby's or another auction house long ago.

If the piece belonged to her husband's family, it may have remained. Though Annaliese and her husband only had one son, her husband several siblings and nieces and nephews. The current husband of princess Birgitta of swedes daughter Desiree, Eckert, was Arnts cousin.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 04-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Highly unlikely. And if she did, my guess was sold off long ago.

Arndt was a homosexual. Their marriage was one of convenience. They met when she was looking for work as she was broke, and he needed a hostess. He was disinherited from his family. His father created the family foundation instead and his son recieved 2 million a year to live off. And the family castle in Morocco. It doesn't sound like Henriette had much contact with her in laws. When her husband died, he was practically bankrupt. After taxes she was left with only the castle. Another home had been sold off. She rented out most of the castle and later all if it to lay up keep. And seems to be trying to sell it.

So basically any jewels she may have inherited from her mother in law, would likely have hit the jewel section of Sotheby's or another auction house long ago.

If the piece belonged to her husband's family, it may have remained. Though Annaliese and her husband only had one son, her husband several siblings and nieces and nephews. The current husband of princess Birgitta of swedes daughter Desiree, Eckert, was Arnts cousin.
Thank you so much for this interesting briefing.

Didn't know all those interesting details.

Here is Princess Henriette wearing a parure:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...18ef496b0d.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 04-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,281
Anybody knows if one of the receptions/party may be white tie/tiara event?

Royal Musings: Preparing your daughter's wedding
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 04-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
If so, there probably won't be any pictures leaked to the public. Do we know anything about tiaras in the couple's families? I think that the groom's aunt Princess Alexandra has worn a nice diamond tiara. But I don't know it it would be available for the bride.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 04-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If so, there probably won't be any pictures leaked to the public. Do we know anything about tiaras in the couple's families? I think that the groom's aunt Princess Alexandra has worn a nice diamond tiara. But I don't know it it would be available for the bride.
Here is a pic of the Fürst and Fürstin zu Lwesntein-Wertheim-Freudenberg i took on the Gala after the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Wedding in 2009. The Fürstin is wearing a small aquamarine diamond bandeau but it can not be seen in the pic as it is hidden behind her hair.
https://royaltravel.wordpress.com/20...m-freudenberg/
I will go to the Wedding but not sure if will stay there for the Gala in the evening as then i would habve probably have to stay there over night. And then one would probably not see the bridal couple arriving.
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 04-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Wow, those stones in the necklace are impressive. If the bandeau is anything like it, it must be great.
I'm looking forward to your photos on your blog!
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 04-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,281
New Princess Henriette von Bayern wearing which tiara?

Prinz Heinrich von Bayern: Ein Traum aus Spitze! So wunderschön war das Brautkleid seiner Henriette | BUNTE.de
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 04-23-2017, 01:56 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
She was wearing a diamiond floral tiara with some blue stones (probably sapphires between) which was also worn by the groom's sisters at their weddings. It was also worn by their grandmother Princess Irmingard in the 1950's. I was at Andechs yesterday and managed to make some good pics of the bride yesterday. Pics will follow later on my blog.
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 04-23-2017, 09:15 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,262
So it was not the same tiara as for Duke Max's Daughters ??
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 04-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Thank you for sharing your pics, Stefan! It seems that you had a lovely day at the wedding, though the weather might have been better.

These are the best pics I have ever seen of this tiara. I always thought that it was an ears-of-wheat tiara, but is now shows that it has floral elements as well. Very beautiful.
The tiara has also been worn by the grooms mother on some occasions, like the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna in 2005, or the pre-wedding of Princess Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger. Probably at other occasions as well, but I don't have seen pictures of that. Older wedding pictures are often not very clear, but I think that both Princess Irmingard and Princess Gabriella have worn this tiara at their weddings in the 1950s.

Duke Max' daughters wore another wedding tiara. That was the so-called Douglas tiara, which had once belonged to their grandmother Countess Ottara Douglas and is now owned by Duke Max' wife Duchess Elisabeth.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 04-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you for sharing your pics, Stefan! It seems that you had a lovely day at the wedding, though the weather might have been better.

These are the best pics I have ever seen of this tiara. I always thought that it was an ears-of-wheat tiara, but is now shows that it has floral elements as well. Very beautiful.
The tiara has also been worn by the grooms mother on some occasions, like the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna in 2005, or the pre-wedding of Princess Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger. Probably at other occasions as well, but I don't have seen pictures of that. Older wedding pictures are often not very clear, but I think that both Princess Irmingard and Princess Gabriella have worn this tiara at their weddings in the 1950s.
Looking at my pics i'm pretty sure that this tiara was worn by Princess irmingard on her Wedding Day. But she posed also for pic with the bavarian Lovers Knot tiara
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...gard03.jpg?485
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...gard02.jpg?119

On the pics of the Wedding of Princess Gabrielle the tiara can not be seen clearly but i think it is a different tiara.

But it seems this tiara was also worn by Countess Beatrice of Cadran-Loterano at her Wedding to Prince Wolfgang.Thereofore i i think the tiara comes from this branch of the Family.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...dronla.jpg?806
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 04-23-2017, 04:53 PM
prince.of.preslav's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 153
Do you think that the new Princess Henriette of Bavaria wore the Mellerio dits Miller tiara in the red circle?

https://scontent-sof1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cc&oe=598127F3

ETA: Wikipedia has a picture of the groom's great-grandomther Princess Isabella of Bavaria (née of Croÿ) wearing what looks like the same tiara - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ncessfranz.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 04-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,281
Thank you so much Stefan and prince.of.preslav for those photos.

I always want to know history of all royal jewels.
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 04-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
I think you are right, Stefan. Your pics are clearer than those I had, and I think that both show this sapphire (?) floral tiara.

Princes of Preslav, does your pic show Spanish tiaras? Because I can not imagine how Princess Isabella had access to one of those. It was another branch of the Bavarian family that intermarried with several Infantas of Spain.
I made a comparison of the tiara(s). Imo, they are very similar, but the leaves seem to point to the front in one of the tiaras, and in the other they point to the back. It must be a very versatile jewels of several brooches that can be assembled on the frame in different ways.
https://postimg.org/image/ecoek2ec9/
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 PM
prince.of.preslav's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 153


Hi Tilia C.,

No, the picture doesn't show Spanish tiaras and jewels only. It was taken at an exhibition of Mellerio jewels.
We can see an Italian tiara just under the circled one, an aigrette similat to Anita Delgado's, etc, etc :)
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 PM
eya eya is online now
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,049
Sad news! Diademe of Grand Duchess Hilda von Baden stolen from Karlsruhe museum


Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: Grand Duchess Hilda's Diamond Tiara

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.d...11b202e86.html
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 05-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,293
That is the problem with these provincial museums, they often don't have the budget to keep the security up-to-date. Let's hope the police will find it soon, though it is likely that after 10 days the tiara will be broken up as lose diamonds are much easier to carry around & sell.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 05-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
What sad news! This historic tiara is probably lost for good, with the diamonds already taken out and the metal melted down. There's a slight chance that it was stolen for some dubious 'collector', but those kind of people usually know very well how do hide their treasures. What a pity, to see such a lovely piece lost for good.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 05-12-2017, 02:39 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 600
dose any one knows which tiara Princess Margarete of Hohenlohe-Langeburg is wearing in this picture ?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The German-Austrian Royal, Princely and Mediatised Families & their Heads Marengo Royal Families of Austria and Germany 16 09-13-2016 04:13 AM
German & Austrian Royalty and Nobility Ritka Royal Library 73 05-28-2015 04:59 PM
Avatars of German-Austrian Royals Her_Majesty Royal Families of Austria and Germany 21 09-11-2011 02:21 PM
Other German/Austrian News Sites Harold Royal Families of Austria and Germany 3 02-09-2008 01:24 AM




Popular Tags
affair albania austria belgian state visit to japan best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday countess of snowdon crown princess mary crown princess mary cocktail dresses crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge elia zaharia fashion poll hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander lists monarchy november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week november 2016 pierre casiraghi power prince charles princess diana lady spencer princess marie style princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess sofia style queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania australia november 2016 queen rania dresses queen rania fashion romania royal wedding september 2016 shaikh zayed bin hamdan bin zayed al nahyan state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara uae nature


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises