The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

Stunning tiara and necklace worn by Anneliese von Bohlen und Halbach:

https://strangeflowers.files.wordpre.../arndt0001.jpg

Wonder if Princess Henriette von Auersperg inherited anything from her mother in law since her husband Arndt died before his mother.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Stunning tiara and necklace worn by Anneliese von Bohlen und Halbach:

https://strangeflowers.files.wordpre.../arndt0001.jpg

Wonder if Princess Henriette von Auersperg inherited anything from her mother in law since her husband Arndt died before his mother.
Highly unlikely. And if she did, my guess was sold off long ago.

Arndt was a homosexual. Their marriage was one of convenience. They met when she was looking for work as she was broke, and he needed a hostess. He was disinherited from his family. His father created the family foundation instead and his son recieved 2 million a year to live off. And the family castle in Morocco. It doesn't sound like Henriette had much contact with her in laws. When her husband died, he was practically bankrupt. After taxes she was left with only the castle. Another home had been sold off. She rented out most of the castle and later all if it to lay up keep. And seems to be trying to sell it.

So basically any jewels she may have inherited from her mother in law, would likely have hit the jewel section of Sotheby's or another auction house long ago.

If the piece belonged to her husband's family, it may have remained. Though Annaliese and her husband only had one son, her husband several siblings and nieces and nephews. The current husband of princess Birgitta of swedes daughter Desiree, Eckert, was Arnts cousin.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Highly unlikely. And if she did, my guess was sold off long ago.

Arndt was a homosexual. Their marriage was one of convenience. They met when she was looking for work as she was broke, and he needed a hostess. He was disinherited from his family. His father created the family foundation instead and his son recieved 2 million a year to live off. And the family castle in Morocco. It doesn't sound like Henriette had much contact with her in laws. When her husband died, he was practically bankrupt. After taxes she was left with only the castle. Another home had been sold off. She rented out most of the castle and later all if it to lay up keep. And seems to be trying to sell it.

So basically any jewels she may have inherited from her mother in law, would likely have hit the jewel section of Sotheby's or another auction house long ago.

If the piece belonged to her husband's family, it may have remained. Though Annaliese and her husband only had one son, her husband several siblings and nieces and nephews. The current husband of princess Birgitta of swedes daughter Desiree, Eckert, was Arnts cousin.
Thank you so much for this interesting briefing.

Didn't know all those interesting details.

Here is Princess Henriette wearing a parure:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...18ef496b0d.jpg
Old 04-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Serene Highness

Anybody knows if one of the receptions/party may be white tie/tiara event?

Royal Musings: Preparing your daughter's wedding
Old 04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

If so, there probably won't be any pictures leaked to the public. Do we know anything about tiaras in the couple's families? I think that the groom's aunt Princess Alexandra has worn a nice diamond tiara. But I don't know it it would be available for the bride.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If so, there probably won't be any pictures leaked to the public. Do we know anything about tiaras in the couple's families? I think that the groom's aunt Princess Alexandra has worn a nice diamond tiara. But I don't know it it would be available for the bride.
Here is a pic of the Fürst and Fürstin zu Lwesntein-Wertheim-Freudenberg i took on the Gala after the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Wedding in 2009. The Fürstin is wearing a small aquamarine diamond bandeau but it can not be seen in the pic as it is hidden behind her hair.
https://royaltravel.wordpress.com/20...m-freudenberg/
I will go to the Wedding but not sure if will stay there for the Gala in the evening as then i would habve probably have to stay there over night. And then one would probably not see the bridal couple arriving.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, those stones in the necklace are impressive. If the bandeau is anything like it, it must be great.
I'm looking forward to your photos on your blog!

Old 04-22-2017, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

New Princess Henriette von Bayern wearing which tiara?

Prinz Heinrich von Bayern: Ein Traum aus Spitze! So wunderschön war das Brautkleid seiner Henriette | BUNTE.de
Old 04-23-2017, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
She was wearing a diamiond floral tiara with some blue stones (probably sapphires between) which was also worn by the groom's sisters at their weddings. It was also worn by their grandmother Princess Irmingard in the 1950's. I was at Andechs yesterday and managed to make some good pics of the bride yesterday. Pics will follow later on my blog.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

So it was not the same tiara as for Duke Max's Daughters ??
Old 04-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing your pics, Stefan! It seems that you had a lovely day at the wedding, though the weather might have been better.

These are the best pics I have ever seen of this tiara. I always thought that it was an ears-of-wheat tiara, but is now shows that it has floral elements as well. Very beautiful.
The tiara has also been worn by the grooms mother on some occasions, like the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna in 2005, or the pre-wedding of Princess Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger. Probably at other occasions as well, but I don't have seen pictures of that. Older wedding pictures are often not very clear, but I think that both Princess Irmingard and Princess Gabriella have worn this tiara at their weddings in the 1950s.

Duke Max' daughters wore another wedding tiara. That was the so-called Douglas tiara, which had once belonged to their grandmother Countess Ottara Douglas and is now owned by Duke Max' wife Duchess Elisabeth.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you for sharing your pics, Stefan! It seems that you had a lovely day at the wedding, though the weather might have been better.

These are the best pics I have ever seen of this tiara. I always thought that it was an ears-of-wheat tiara, but is now shows that it has floral elements as well. Very beautiful.
The tiara has also been worn by the grooms mother on some occasions, like the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna in 2005, or the pre-wedding of Princess Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger. Probably at other occasions as well, but I don't have seen pictures of that. Older wedding pictures are often not very clear, but I think that both Princess Irmingard and Princess Gabriella have worn this tiara at their weddings in the 1950s.
Looking at my pics i'm pretty sure that this tiara was worn by Princess irmingard on her Wedding Day. But she posed also for pic with the bavarian Lovers Knot tiara
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...gard03.jpg?485
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...gard02.jpg?119

On the pics of the Wedding of Princess Gabrielle the tiara can not be seen clearly but i think it is a different tiara.

But it seems this tiara was also worn by Countess Beatrice of Cadran-Loterano at her Wedding to Prince Wolfgang.Thereofore i i think the tiara comes from this branch of the Family.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...dronla.jpg?806
Old 04-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Do you think that the new Princess Henriette of Bavaria wore the Mellerio dits Miller tiara in the red circle?

https://scontent-sof1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cc&oe=598127F3

ETA: Wikipedia has a picture of the groom's great-grandomther Princess Isabella of Bavaria (née of Croÿ) wearing what looks like the same tiara - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ncessfranz.jpg
Old 04-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you so much Stefan and prince.of.preslav for those photos.

I always want to know history of all royal jewels.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

I think you are right, Stefan. Your pics are clearer than those I had, and I think that both show this sapphire (?) floral tiara.

Princes of Preslav, does your pic show Spanish tiaras? Because I can not imagine how Princess Isabella had access to one of those. It was another branch of the Bavarian family that intermarried with several Infantas of Spain.
I made a comparison of the tiara(s). Imo, they are very similar, but the leaves seem to point to the front in one of the tiaras, and in the other they point to the back. It must be a very versatile jewels of several brooches that can be assembled on the frame in different ways.
https://postimg.org/image/ecoek2ec9/

Old 04-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

Hi Tilia C.,

No, the picture doesn't show Spanish tiaras and jewels only. It was taken at an exhibition of Mellerio jewels.
We can see an Italian tiara just under the circled one, an aigrette similat to Anita Delgado's, etc, etc :)
Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Majesty

Sad news! Diademe of Grand Duchess Hilda von Baden stolen from Karlsruhe museum

Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: Grand Duchess Hilda's Diamond Tiara

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.d...11b202e86.html
Old 05-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

That is the problem with these provincial museums, they often don't have the budget to keep the security up-to-date. Let's hope the police will find it soon, though it is likely that after 10 days the tiara will be broken up as lose diamonds are much easier to carry around & sell.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

What sad news! This historic tiara is probably lost for good, with the diamonds already taken out and the metal melted down. There's a slight chance that it was stolen for some dubious 'collector', but those kind of people usually know very well how do hide their treasures. What a pity, to see such a lovely piece lost for good.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Courtier

dose any one knows which tiara Princess Margarete of Hohenlohe-Langeburg is wearing in this picture ?

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery