German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
strawberry/leaves tiara

Could someone tell me more history of this tiara and what happened to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
First i thought it was the tiara of the late Fürstin margareta but judging from the Group Picture of Benedikte's Wedding here
i think it could also be the tiara which was then worn by the mother of Fürstin Margareta. She is on the third picture the lady in light blue stting next to King Olaf V. of Norway.

Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

The tiara worn by Princess Alexandra at the wedding of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier.
cropped from a larger image courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB.

~¤~

Fuerstenberg Tiara. WOW. It's a bit tall, isn't it? Maybe if the Top row of (HUGE!) pearls were removed, it would be more manageable.

Here's a (small) pic:

Prussian Diamond & Emerald Bandeau worn as necklace Feb 2008

°

I saw a picture of Princess Sophie of Hanover (sister of The DOE Prince Philip) wore it as a tiara but i cant remember if it was Danjel's website or Royal Jewels of the world website.

On November 24, Sotheby's in London sold a lot of personal objects that belonged to the dowager Princess of Hanover. Has anyone have any links or information on this auction?
A number of items were gifts given to the Princess Thyra of Danemark by her sister the Tsarina Maria.

First i thought it was the tiara of the late Fürstin margareta but judging from the Group Picture of Benedikte's Wedding here
i think it could also be the tiara which was then worn by the mother of Fürstin Margareta. She is on the third picture the lady in light blue stting next to King Olaf V. of Norway.

I found a better and bigger picture of Carina wearing the tiara as well as some amazing earrings. Does anyone know if they also belong to Gustav's grandmother or Princess Benedikte?

Empress Zita's tiara -a diamond tiara, made by the Austrian jeweller Köchert, given as a gift to Princess Zita on occasion of her wedding in 1887.
she didnt married in 1887,she was only born in 1889

She was born in 1892. Emperor Karl was born in 1887.

so i guess there is no picture of a tiara worn by Princess Theodora of Baden nee Princess of Greece and Denmark and sister of Prince Philip the DOE and husband of Queen Elizabeth II of England

so i guess there is no picture of a tiara worn by Princess Theodora of Baden nee Princess of Greece and Denmark and sister of Prince Philip the DOE and husband of Queen Elizabeth II of England

She has worn the baden sunburst tiara several times. For example at the Wedding of Princess Ingrid of Sweden and Crown Prince Frederikn of Denmark in 1935.

"Ears of wheat" tiara

Thanks much. I like the "ears of wheat" tiara (or at least that's what I'll designate it, but does anyone know anything about the provenence of either that piece or the tiara Irena wore?

The "ears of wheat" tiara came to Hesse on a dress that was part of the magnificent trousseau of Grand Duchess Alexandra Nikolaevna of Russia (1825-1944), who married Prince Frederick William of Hesse (1820–1864). She lived only a few months after the wedding, dying of tuberculosis just after giving birth to a premature son, who also died the day of his birth. Her trousseau stayed in Hesse, and these golden wheat sheaves were eventually made into this tiara. They and a few other pieces are all that remain of the Hesse jewels.

Old Prussian jewellery ( Queen Luise etc)

I just visited an exhibiton about Queen Luise of Prussia ( now in Berlin) and I saw some beautiful paintings of her.

Now I'm wondering, where her tiaras are gone ???

Especially the tiara, she wear on the remarkable meeting with Napoleon.

Does anyone now ?

Amazing tiaras from the German Royals. Don't usually like turquoise in tiaras, but the one that Hereditary Princess Kelly is wearing is magnificent.

Princess Sophie of Isenburg ( fiancée of Georg of Prussia)

This is the thread for Princess Sophie of Isenburg's (the future Princess of Prussia) jewellery:
Wedding Tiara, engagement ring etc - put it all in here !

Speaking of, have we seen a decent picture of the engagement ring, or know anything about it?

Is there any Prussian or German royal family jewels left for her to wear? What about on her side? Does her family have a tiara she might wear at her wedding?

Last edited:
I haven't seen a picture of the engagement ring. It was not recognisable on the official pictures.
On the Royal Jewels of the World board there is a discussion about the possible wedding tiara for Princess Sophie.

I haven't seen a picture of the engagement ring. It was not recognisable on the official pictures.
On the Royal Jewels of the World board there is a discussion about the possible wedding tiara for Princess Sophie.

Yes and apparetnly they still have 4 different tiaras. I'm quiet sure she will wear a prussian tiara on her Wedding day. Her sister Katharina wore the Savoy-Aosta tiara of her mother-in-law when she married Archduke Martin of Austria-Este in 2004. Could be that the Isenburgs's don't have a tiara.

Last edited:
What tiara did her other sister wear when she married? I guess I'd be surprised if they didn't have one, but then again they are minor royalty whose princely title only goes back to the 1800s. (I know wikipedia isn't supposed to be considered a legitimate source, but this was all I could find: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isenburg )

Last edited:
Erbprinzessin Kelly of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha - SCG Diamond & Turquoise Suite

I love the turquoise suite! It's so pretty

Ortiz , Thanks for sharing this video of 1000 years jewelry.
It should be great to see the meander tiara again on Prince Georg 's future wife for their wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom