German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a picture of her and her husband on APA picture desk, but I can't find it again right know.

Thanks for the wonderful photos and the update on PdV. Both ladies look wonderful and indeed the tiaras are perfectly placed. I will see if I can find a copy of the magazine.

The Instagram post of Mr. Meylan claims that the Ruby parure and a Turquoise parure now belong to Duke Philip.

Last edited:
The printet Issue of Bunte has some Pictures of the Wedding Ball

Duchess Marie of Württemberg in what looks to be the tiara worn by Duchess Mathilde at her Wedding and a diamond and sapphire necklace she has worn a few times.
Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein in the habsburg fringe tiara
Duchess Elizsabdeth in Bavaria (terberger) in the bavarian diamond and peral floral tiara
Landgravine Floria of Hesse in the Hesse ears-of-wheat tiara
Princess Ursula of Bavaria in a diamond tiara 8can not say which one as the pics is small)
no tiara for Duchess Julia of Württemberg.

I just managed to get hold of a copy. Really, the pics might be a bit bigger for my taste, but well, better than nothing.

The tiara worn be Duchess Marie looks so big, while I always thought that the one worn by Duchess Mathilde was very small. I'm really impressed, it looks very beautiful on her.

Ursula von Bayern seems to be wearing the Spencer tiara look-a-like that she has worn in Sweden twice, but it's really a bit difficult to make out.

I would have loved to see the grandmothers with their tiaras as well, and a better pic of the bride at the reception. Maybe we will see other pics in Point de Vue next month? They'll look at it from the French angle and are bound to picture Duchess Diane.

I just managed to get hold of a copy. Really, the pics might be a bit bigger for my taste, but well, better than nothing.

The tiara worn be Duchess Marie looks so big, while I always thought that the one worn by Duchess Mathilde was very small. I'm really impressed, it looks very beautiful on her.

Ursula von Bayern seems to be wearing the Spencer tiara look-a-like that she has worn in Sweden twice, but it's really a bit difficult to make out.

I would have loved to see the grandmothers with their tiaras as well, and a better pic of the bride at the reception. Maybe we will see other pics in Point de Vue next month? They'll look at it from the French angle and are bound to picture Duchess Diane.

I thjink the reason is that the tiara looked smaller on Mathilde is that the base was woven into her hair.
As for the grandmothers Duchess Diane told in an Interview with Point de Vue after the civil Wedding that they would not attend the Ball but leave after the reception after the Wedding because it tires the Duke when there are so many people around and everyone talks.

Princess Ekaterina of Hannover wore an impressive pair of earrings at the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank in Windsor. The earrings consist of a small pearl and diamond cluster from which a very large drop-shaped pearl with diamond cap is suspended. I haven't seen these earrings worn by another Hannover lady, although Crown Princess Thyra has been depicted wearing two large pearl drops suspended from various necklaces and brooches.
You can see a picture HERE

There must have been loads of tiaras at the Württemberg wedding ball. But only a handfull of pictures have been published, which is really disappointing. That ball must have been splendid in terms of jewels!

There must have been loads of tiaras at the Württemberg wedding ball. But only a handfull of pictures have been published, which is really disappointing. That ball must have been splendid in terms of jewels!
Point de Vue had quite a few pictures from the wedding

Point de Vue had quite a few pictures from the wedding

Mainly from the Family and unfortunately the pictures in the magazine are very small.

It says the picture was taken at the Wedding Ball of her nephew Fürst Alexander in 2007.

I did not read what was written as the letters were too small, but thank you for this. ?

For me, it is rather interesting to see the jewels of some unknown members of the royal and noble families.

Another tiara who will be auctioned by Christies in May is the Faberge tiara of Crown Pricness Cecilie. It was last seen when her daughter Cecilie wore it at her Weddin 70 years ago in 1949.

Info comes from Vincent Meylan on his Instagram.

It's a pity that we won't be seeing these tiaras in use, probably :(

Fellow poster Stig posted an interesting photo on another forum from the wedding of Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Count Jefferson von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth:

https://i.ibb.co/bs5TZ52/1998.jpg

In the back of the photo one could see a lady wearing a tiara which looks like the "Spike tiara" Carina Axelsson was also wearing in recent times.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-H44x4goJ9hc/VacQfGmB_xI/AAAAAAAAgDw/SKgSaOETF1E/s1600/_swb1.jpg

Does anyone know who the lady is, how is she related to the family and is maybe this tiara the same one? Which could explain the theory that Carina borrowed a tiara from another SWB family member?

That tiara really looks a lot like the one worn by Carina. This was the wedding of Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, so several members of the Berleburg family should have been present.

I really don't think that it's a loan from Prince Robin, given the current rift in the family. Could it belong to the Hohenstein branch of the family? They are closely enough related, but they seem to be rather private. I don't know of any wedding pics other than the one of Princess Johanna with the Douglas bridal crown. They just might have an unseen tiara in their family.

There have been a few wedding pics around of descendants of Prince Ludwig Ferdinand. The only tiara in that branch of the family seems to be the smaller spike tiara of Princess Yvonne, that Princess Anna of Bavaria has now worn a couple of times in Sweden. So I don't think that it comes from them.

Last edited:
If this is the case, we could have a simple explanation!

Prince Barnhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein is first cousin of Prince Richard, Gustav's father, which means they are closely related.

Prince Bernhart and Countess Katharina von Podewils-Dürniz are divorced from 2009, so there is no need for a tiara for this side of the family in recent future as Prince Bernhart hasn't remarried and doesn't have daughters, but only a 20 years old son, Prince Wenzel Max. That's might be the reason why he "rented" his tiara to Gustav/Carina.

So, this spike tiara might be in fact a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein jewel.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
It looks like it is the same lady indeed. The facial features are very simular.

I am not sure if they are close friends who simply lend the tiara or if it is rented. But taking a tiara out of a safe will mean an additional insurance perhaps which can be costly.

I am not sure if they are close friends who simply lend the tiara or if it is rented.

Well, Bernhart and Gustav are first cousins once removed, similar in age, which means that they might know each other from childhood. Hohensteins attended Alexandra's wedding, we see spike tiara on two Sayn ladies, someone on the other forum mentioned that this tiara was borrowed from another Sayn relative, so there is no known reason to think they are not close.

My theory is that the tiara is lent to Carina/Gustav as Bernhart has no need for a tiara in near future. He is divorced for 10 years now and maybe the tiara will be used when his son gets married. So, in the meantime, why not lend or rent it to his cousin instead of being kept in a bank safe for many years to come.

Last edited:
I think that the woman is Fürstin Katharina, and that it's the same tiara as Carina wear now. But there is now way of knowing for sure if it's really a Hohenberg tiara, and whether it was loaned, hired, bought or whatever. It might be even possible that both Katharina and Carina loaned the tiara from yet another family member. It's a pity that there are no pics from Bernhard and Katharina's wedding.

I think that the woman is Fürstin Katharina, and that it's the same tiara as Carina wear now. But there is now way of knowing for sure if it's really a Hohenberg tiara, and whether it was loaned, hired, bought or whatever. It might be even possible that both Katharina and Carina loaned the tiara from yet another family member. It's a pity that there are no pics from Bernhard and Katharina's wedding.

I wonder the same. :( If someone has some info, it would be most appreciated. Here is one more photo of Katharina from 1995, wearing some golden earrings:

https://ta-images.condecdn.net/imag...ewils-Durntz-Tatler-22july15-Hugo-Burnand.jpg

Judging from Princess Alexandra's wedding photo, posted previously we can now be almost sure that the man standing next to Katharina is Prince Benhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg:

http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-special/2015-08 Lippe/Sayn-Bernhart.JPG

https://www.kirchenkreis-wittgenstein.de/typo3temp/pics/405f239f9e.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom