German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many many Thanks Stefan for the tiara Event.
Special mention and help for 4 tiaras.
1. Katherine von Habsbourg
2. Quadt tiara
3. Marie of Wurtenberg (pearl and diamand tiara never seen before
4. Great Parue for Anastasia Lowenstein W.R.
MO

Last edited:
Many many Thanks Stefan for the tiara Event.
Special mention and help for 4 tiaras.
1. Katherine von Habsbourg
2. Quadt tiara
3. Marie of Wurtenberg (pearl and diamand tiara never seen before
4. Great Parue for Anastasia Lowenstein W.R.
MO

Archduchess Katharina did not attend. Do you perhaps confuse her with Princess Isabelle zu Leiningen ?
The fringe necklace worn by Fürstin Anastasia zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg was worn as tiara by her daughter Princess Christina at the prussian Wedding Gala in 2011.

Stefan, these pictures are treasure for my eyes...

Many not so known royals and nobles with stunning tiaras!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have now updated my Blog Post about the wedding of Pricness Sophie zu löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudeng and Count Constantin Fugger of Babenhausen with pics pf the guests arriving to the Gala

https://royaltravel.wordpress.com/2...ein-wertheim-freudenberg-wedding-in-wertheim/

Few questions:

Do you maybe know who is the lady visible behind Count Heinrich and Countess Anette zu Ortenburg?

Was she wearing a complete emeralds and diamonds parure what it seems.

Have we ever seen before Quadt tiara, Waldburg-Wolfegg-Waldsee huge tiara, Neipperg tiara, Leiningen tiara, Bentheim-Tecklenburg small tiara or a tiara worn by Maria Gabriela von Waldburg-Zeil-Trauchburg, Countess de Monseignat?

I mean seen like this Löwenstein wedding tiara that popped up like after 80 or something years...

Few questions:

Do you maybe know who is the lady visible behind Count Heinrich and Countess Anette zu Ortenburg?

Was she wearing a complete emeralds and diamonds parure what it seems.

Have we ever seen before Quadt tiara, Waldburg-Wolfegg-Waldsee huge tiara, Neipperg tiara, Leiningen tiara, Bentheim-Tecklenburg small tiara or a tiara worn by Maria Gabriela von Waldburg-Zeil-Trauchburg, Countess de Monseignat?

I mean seen like this Löwenstein wedding tiara that popped up like after 80 or something years...

I have once seen a pics of Fürstin Charlotte of Quadt wearing a tiara but don't know if it is the same. And for Waldburg-Woflegg Countess Caroline wor a tiara at her first Weding to Fürst Philipp zu Stolberg-Wernigerdoe but it is hard to tell from the phoots if is the same.
As for the Neipperg tiara it think it could be a tiara fro Countess Sigweis family as i have never seen her sister in-law Andrea wearing a tiara and also her daughter's have not worn tiara's at their weddings.
Dont know about the other tiaras.

We know now the the Princess Marie of Wurtenberg wore the tiara of the unmartied Duchess Antonia of Wurtenberg.

I have once seen a pics of Fürstin Charlotte of Quadt wearing a tiara but don't know if it is the same. And for Waldburg-Woflegg Countess Caroline wor a tiara at her first Weding to Fürst Philipp zu Stolberg-Wernigerdoe but it is hard to tell from the phoots if is the same.
As for the Neipperg tiara it think it could be a tiara fro Countess Sigweis family as i have never seen her sister in-law Andrea wearing a tiara and also her daughter's have not worn tiara's at their weddings.
Dont know about the other tiaras.

Thank you for your answer :)

If you find some of those pictures, please post in order to compare tiaras.

As for Caroline zu Waldburg, it is not the same tiara she wore at her first wedding. Btw, she was once linked to Felipe, Prince of Asturias.

Last edited:
I am impressed with the many diadems and grand jewels the German and Austrian Houses still preserve. I applaud them for being so careful with their Houses' patrimoniums.
I agree. The Welf have managed to maintain their fortune & estates during the 150+ years since they lost their crown. I guess it comes down to both a big fortune to start with, being good at business and most importantly being fortunate enough not to have their estates in places occupied by the Reds.

They did not clean the tiara since 2004 or it is a replica ?

They did not clean the tiara since 2004 or it is a replica ?
Lol I couldnt help laughing when your comment made me remember what Queen Juliana said about all the dirty jewels at Queen Elisabeths coronation ?

Lol I couldnt help laughing when your comment made me remember what Queen Juliana said about all the dirty jewels at Queen Elisabeths coronation ?

Could you please enlighten me? ;)

In her autobiography, Lady Pamela Hicks describes all the people that attended the wedding of the then Princess Elizabeth and Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, noting that many of the Royal families in attendance hadn't gotten together since before WWII. Hicks quotes the then Crown Princess Juliana of the Netherlands as having observed "Everyone's jewelry is so dirty."

In her autobiography, Lady Pamela Hicks describes all the people that attended the wedding of the then Princess Elizabeth and Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, noting that many of the Royal families in attendance hadn't gotten together since before WWII. Hicks quotes the then Crown Princess Juliana of the Netherlands as having observed "Everyone's jewelry is so dirty."

Thank you for this anecdote ;)

According to Pamela Hicks and several other sources then Crown Princess Juliana was heard exclaiming "Everyones jewels are so dirty" at the wedding of Elisabeth & Philip (not the coronation as I wrote before).

According to Pamela Hicks and several other sources then Crown Princess Juliana was heard exclaiming "Everyones jewels are so dirty" at the wedding of Elisabeth & Philip (not the coronation as I wrote before).

Thank you ;) I love those little spicy anecdotes! ;)

So many "forgotten" German tiaras popping up these days.

I like it! ;)

Do you think Chantal H. was not allowed to wear a Hannover Tiara on her Wedding day because she was a Communor ?

I love the ring...I like the antique look to it.

LaRae

Do you think Chantal H. was not allowed to wear a Hannover Tiara on her Wedding day because she was a Communor ?
It's difficult to say. But let's not forget that she got married in 1981, when flowers where more fashionable than bridal tiaras. (Another Princess who married with flowers in her hair in 1984 was Princess Astrid of Belgium, e.g.) So it might have been her very own choice to forego a tiara.

I'm delighted to see the floral tiara with the bridal ensemble. The new Princess of Hannover looked lovely, imo. And I always thought that floral tiaras make perfect bridal tiaras. Once again I was surprised at how big this tiara is, it's really substantial. Unfortunately there seems to be no information about the origins of this tiara, as Princess Chantal was the first Lady to be seen wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom