The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Henckel von Donnersmarck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
I have seen wedding picture of Count Leo-Ferdinand Henckel von Donnermarck(1935-2009) and Anna Maria von Berg(born in 1940),father and mother of Count Florian Henckel von Donnermarck,Oskar winning German film director...

The picture is of low quality and one can't see clearly but she could be wearing the same tiara as Countess Elisabeth in the link above,so I assume that it could well be Henckel piece of jewelry...
That sounds interesting. Where did you find the pic? There are awfully few wedding pics of the Henckel von Donnersmarcks around.

While the sale of the gorgeous emerald tiara well documented, I don't know what happened to other tiaras of the family. Eg. the family had or has a waterfall tiara which looks very similar to the waterfall tiara of the famous GD Vladimir. View image: waterfall tiaras

Old 09-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Thurn und Taxis emerald tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
Princess Elizabeth of Thurn and Taxis wore the family emerald tiara for a photo for Vogue. She also wore a couple of bracelets, some rings and possibly an emerald and diamond choker, but it's hard to see. See the photo here - Link

*picture courtesy of vogue.com
Well, she is Gloria's daughter, isn't she? And isn't her hair comparatively tame ?: View image: tnt gloria emerald

Old 09-12-2015, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Last year the Dutch/German Roderick graaf zu Castell-Rüdenhausen married at the beautiful Twickel Castle in Delden (in the East of the Netherlands, see picture) with Ms Elizabeth Alexandra Lotgering.

The bride wore a 19th C diamond diadem from the Castell-Rüdenhausen family. See picture. On August 7th 2015 the couple got one son: Alexander Christian Frederik graaf zu Castell-Rüdenhausen. Their son was the first "delivery" at Twickel Castle in 323 years (!). The last "delivery" was Unico graaf van Wassenaer-Obdam (2 November 1692).
The diadem worn by Eluizabeth Lodgering at her Wedding is no Castell-Rüdenhausen tiara. I read somewhere after the wedding that it belonmgs to the Twickel inheritance.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The diadem worn by Eluizabeth Lodgering at her Wedding is no Castell-Rüdenhausen tiara. I read somewhere after the wedding that it belonmgs to the Twickel inheritance.
Well,as Castell family now owns the estate,is it safe to say that the diadem is now theirs,as long as they are the owners of the castle?
Old 09-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That sounds interesting. Where did you find the pic? There are awfully few wedding pics of the Henckel von Donnersmarcks around.

While the sale of the gorgeous emerald tiara well documented, I don't know what happened to other tiaras of the family. Eg. the family had or has a waterfall tiara which looks very similar to the waterfall tiara of the famous GD Vladimir. View image: waterfall tiaras
I found it in my files,don't know exactly from where...I guess it was from danjel's site that doesn't exist anymore,but I can't be sure...

The picture is very bad,so one can't guess is it the same tiara,but it could be:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psywbuffdr.jpg

Wedding picture of Count Leo-Ferdinand Henckel von Donnermsmarck and Anna Maria von Berg.

Btw,Anna Maria von Berg is a great-granddaughter of Prince Edzard von Innhausen und Knyphausen...
Old 09-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have read the same. Yet, apart from the Twickel tiara there must be still some more tiaras in the family:
- small spikey tiara worn by Countess Olga on her wedding with Prince Dominik of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenborg in 2012
- the large diamond tiara last seen on Duchess Donata at the Prussian wedding in 2011
- diamond wedding tiara of Countess/Princess/Duchess Donata
- and another diamond tiara worn by Fürstin Irene on a pic Marc23 has posted before: German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels

I assume that at least the first two tiaras are still in the family, since they have been worn fairly recently.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well,as Castell family now owns the estate,is it safe to say that the diadem is now theirs,as long as they are the owners of the castle?
The Estate is not owned by the Castell-Rüdenhausen but by a special foundation created by the last owner Baroness mechtild ban Heeckeren vabn Waqssenaar. So my guess is that the tiara is also owned by this foundation.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have read the same. Yet, apart from the Twickel tiara there must be still some more tiaras in the family:
- small spikey tiara worn by Countess Olga on her wedding with Prince Dominik of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenborg in 2012
- the large diamond tiara last seen on Duchess Donata at the Prussian wedding in 2011
- diamond wedding tiara of Countess/Princess/Duchess Donata
- and another diamond tiara worn by Fürstin Irene on a pic Marc23 has posted before: German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels

I assume that at least the first two tiaras are still in the family, since they have been worn fairly recently.

Wonder if in the last pic posted by marc it is really a tiara worn by Fürstin Irene or some sort of head ornament. It looks like the pics was made at a day occasion.
I have laways wondered about the tiara worn by then Countess Donata at her first Wedding. Undfortunately it can not be seen very good in the pics because there is a myrtle ior something like this behind. Perhaps it was made of some of the remains of the prussian clover Coronet.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

I thought if the wedding tiara might be the one worn by Fürstin Mechtild in this portrait:
http://www.vriendenvantwickel.nl/wp-...-Twickel-3.jpg
Volle zaal bij Voorjaarlezing Van Rüdenhausen naar Twickel | Vrienden van Twickel

To me it seems to be the same peacock-like central motive, but it is difficult to say because of the veil, myrtle, hair, etc. Also I wonder if Carola Hintzen wore the same tiara for her wedding with Count Christian. But again the picture quality is too blurred to be sure.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I thought if the wedding tiara might be the one worn by Fürstin Mechtild in this portrait:
http://www.vriendenvantwickel.nl/wp-...-Twickel-3.jpg
Volle zaal bij Voorjaarlezing Van Rüdenhausen naar Twickel | Vrienden van Twickel

To me it seems to be the same peacock-like central motive, but it is difficult to say because of the veil, myrtle, hair, etc.
Could well be although the Wedding tiara doesn't look as high. I havbe made a collage with both pics to compare:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...pszjwmmp2g.jpg
Old 09-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

I thought that the tiara is sinking quite deep into Donata's hair, while it is sitting high on top of Mechtild's hair and is possibly supported by fake hairpieces.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I thought that the tiara is sinking quite deep into Donata's hair, while it is sitting high on top of Mechtild's hair and is possibly supported by fake hairpieces.
Ithink the same...also think that it is a same tiara :)
Old 09-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Estate is not owned by the Castell-Rüdenhausen but by a special foundation created by the last owner Baroness mechtild ban Heeckeren vabn Waqssenaar. So my guess is that the tiara is also owned by this foundation.
So,the Castell family only has the right to use the estate and the Castle...including tiara which is part of the foundation?
Old 09-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
So this lady would be Countess Maria Theresia, née Countess of Preysing-Lichtenegg-Moos? Or her senior sister-in-law, Countess Eugenie?
Here is a link showing Countess Maria Theresia von Arco-Zinneberg,just for the comparation:

Familienchronik 5 | Arcobräu

She is wearing pearl necklace,earrings and an interesting broch...
Old 09-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Twickel Tiara / Castell-Rüdenhausen

Quote:
So,the Castell family only has the right to use the estate and the Castle...including tiara which is part of the foundation?
I think that's about it. Count Roderick and his family have the right to live in the castle and work the estate, but they are also obliged to preserve the cultural and natural heritage of it.

So maybe, as long as the Castell-Rüdenhausens are custodians of the estate, it might be defined as a CR tiara. But the use is probably restricted to the family that resides in Twickel.

I think that Count Roderick has still two unmarried siblings. It will be interesting to see if the tiara will be used again, if and when they get married.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Henckel von Donnersmarck

Quote:
I found it in my files,don't know exactly from where...I guess it was from danjel's site that doesn't exist anymore,but I can't be sure...

The picture is very bad,so one can't guess is it the same tiara,but it could be:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psywbuffdr.jpg

Wedding picture of Count Leo-Ferdinand Henckel von Donnermsmarck and Anna Maria von Berg.

Btw,Anna Maria von Berg is a great-granddaughter of Prince Edzard von Innhausen und Knyphausen...
Mmh... difficult to tell. It really could be the same tiara, but one can't be sure. This blurred quality is quite typical for pics from older magazins.

It's really a pity that Danjel's site was closed down, it was such a treasure.

The Henckel von Donnersmarck family has sold quite a number of tiaras. The famous emerald tiara was first sold in 1979, the waterfall diamond tiara and another diamond tiara were auctioned in 2007. There can't be so many tiaras left.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting Information by Vincent Meylan on the Royal Jewels MB. He says the Lovers Knot tiara worn by Fürstin Marie Gabriele of Waldburg z Zeil and Trauchburg is the orginal Cambrdige Lovers Kniot tiara. it was known that it was inherited by Grand Duchess Augusta of Mecklenburg-Strelitz and after her by her granddaughter Crown Pricness Militza of Montenegro, née Duches Jutta of Mecklenburg. It was sold at an auction in the 1990's
Old 09-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

I have often wondered what had happened to the 'real' Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara. It seemed to have vanished without trace from the Mecklenburg family. And I had always thought that the Bavarian family still had access to the tiara in the treasury, maybe they had loaned it to the museum with the right to retrieve it to wear at times?
But this new information really makes sense, because the Waldburg tiara looks much more like the Mecklenburg/Cambridge tiara than like the Bavarian lover’s knot. The pearls in the Bavarian tiara are much smaller, and the outline of the tiara is lower and less pointed. That’s exciting information indeed!

Old 09-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Tilia have a look to Vincent's thread on GREMB.

I think they are 2 Cambridge over's Knot tiaras ?? But am not sure ; One in the Munich Museum and another worn by the actual Fürstin ???
Old 09-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Tilia have a look to Vincent's thread on GREMB.

I think they are 2 Cambridge over's Knot tiaras ?? But am not sure ; One in the Munich Museum and another worn by the actual Fürstin ???
Ther Lovers Knot tiara in the Teasure of the Resiedenz in Munich has nothing to with the Cambridge's. It was made in the 1820's for Queen Therese of Bavaria.
As the Fürstin of Waldburg zu Zeil and Trauchburg is a born Princess of Bavaria it was previously often thought that she has worn this one.

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery