The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I never knew how Princess Caroline wore two diferent Hannover tiaras , unseen since years for the Crown Prince of Denmark's wedding.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I passed two days (bad weather) in my royal german Royal Families and their jewels files.

But with the saxe RF cobourg , einsenach etc.. I stopped.

I continued and finished yesterday. The Royals of the Past had parures , grand tiara rows of necklaces, huge devant de corsage.

Their succesors sold them because out of use and had great coast to maintain their castles and kept only a tiara and a necklace for glittering events.

I don't understand that Prince Plodi sold tiara and necklace and in Sweden the Princesses were unknown little tiaras.

I was happy to learn that the Baviera tiara and the Wurtenberg tiara are in Museums.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Diamond Spike Tiara

I dislike this tiara. It looks cheap looking to me.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Not my favourite tiara ever, but I agree with the author of that blog: I'm glad that Carina has a tiara to wear.

Jewellery author Bjarne Steen Jensen once posted about it on the RJOTWMB that it is a loan from a member of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg family. But it has never been seen on any other family member. So I wonder if Gustaf bought it for Carina.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:55 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Christine zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich wearing a tiara:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psybfk5zh6.jpg
Old 07-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice picture, Marc23, but I don't think that it is Marie zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich, but her aunt by marriage, Duchess Christina Fourché d'Otrante.

The picture is from the wedding of Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg in 2005. Earlier in the thread we have established that Princess Marie has worn this tiara at that event: http://s22.postimg.org/td5im22ch/Manni_SWS_2.jpg

See the discussion here: German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels

Here is another pic of Duchess Christina at the 2005 wedding
http://postimg.org/image/8sy2vlkb1/

And here is a cutting from the famous group picture of the wedding of Princess Benedikte of Denmark and Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. I think it is the same tiara.
View image: christina fourche d otrante2

Old 07-29-2015, 04:50 AM
Serene Highness

You are correct,it is Christina,born Countess von Rosen...

Thnx Tilia

I just mixed them :)
Old 08-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Aristocracy

Going back through old photos from The Prince of Asturias (Don Juan Carlos) and Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark's pre-wedding gala, I noticed the young Hereditary Duchess Diane of Württemberg wearing a set of necklace and earrings that I don't remeber seeing previously on a Württemberg or an Orléans lady. Can anyone shed more light/post other pictures of this impressive demi-parure?
Link to picture

Thanks in advance,
Bobby
Old 08-28-2015, 04:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The earrings may be these ruby ones, since she is also wearing the ruby tiara:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/368732288212079574/

I suppose that following this logic, the necklace must be rubies too, though I can't recall ever seeing it on another photo either.

BTW: does anybody know who the lady in front of Duchess Diane is in the photo of prince of preslav? She is wearing a lovely parure too.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
Going back through old photos from The Prince of Asturias (Don Juan Carlos) and Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark's pre-wedding gala, I noticed the young Hereditary Duchess Diane of Württemberg wearing a set of necklace and earrings that I don't remeber seeing previously on a Württemberg or an Orléans lady. Can anyone shed more light/post other pictures of this impressive demi-parure?
Link to picture

Thanks in advance,
Bobby
She once told n an Interview that she got it as a Wedding ´gift from an aunt. Most likely Duchess Maria Annuciata, née Archduchess of Austria-Tuscany. At her pre-Wedding Gala she wore the tiara upside down.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:07 AM
Aristocracy

Marengo and Stefan,
Thank you for the replies! I thought this was the diamond tiara that Duchess Fleur wore at her wedding and never thought of the ruby parure. I'm still not convinced that these are the rubies, though, mostly because I think the necklace might be this one, with two of the lateral pendants worn as earrings.

What do you think?

PS: Marengo, the lady in the foreground is The Countess of Barcelona's sister Maria de los Dolores. I've read that her parure was set with emeralds and came from her mother.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ah, so parhaps the parure is with the Czatorsky family.

Are there other colour photos of the necklace? The one you posted may have been coloured artificially afterwards. The colours do not seem natural (which doesn't mean that the stones can't be blue of course). Perhaps the sash of the gentleman can be used to solve it? I do not know who he is, but if the order is from Wurttemberg it must have been coloured as the Wurt. orders are red.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

That's an interesting picture, Bobby!
Actually I don't see any dark stones in the tiara worn by Duchess Diane, and the outline of the tiara reminds me more of the 'Reiches Diadem', the diamond tiara worn by her sister-in-law Duchess Maria Theresa and several other brides in the family.
(see comparison: AD Maria Immaculata with the rubies left, Diane middle, Duchess Maria Theresa with the diamond tiara right.
View image: comparison )

Also, the earrings seem to be different in shape than those ruby earrings on Stefan’s photo. They appear longer and nearly lozenge shaped to me, while the ruby earrings are nearly round ovals.

The necklace worn by the AD looks like a diamond riviere with attached ruby drops, that’s not the necklace worn by Duchess Diane at the wedding in Greece.

So here is my theory that Diane could have worn the diamond tiara together with the sapphire necklace which Duchess Elisabeth wears here: View image: würt duchess elisabeth
Imo, the position of the coloured stones match, only that Duchess Elisabeth seem to wear it with five drops while Diane wears three.

Edit: So my post came too late! I didn't notice how the discussion went on while I composed my post. But at least we do agree, Bobby!

Old 08-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Ah, so parhaps the parure is with the Czatorsky family.

Are there other colour photos of the necklace? The one you posted may have been coloured artificially afterwards. The colours do not seem natural (which doesn't mean that the stones can't be blue of course). Perhaps the sash of the gentleman can be used to solve it? I do not know who he is, but if the order is from Wurttemberg it must have been coloured as the Wurt. orders are red.
Good point! As you see from the pic I posted, the picture is from a cover of Bunte. And in those days mags often coloured b/w pics for covers (I remember a lovely old cover of QEII with the Vladimir tiara and sapphires!! ) Duchess Elisabeth married Prince Antonio of Borbon-Sicily. Would that be a red order sash, like the Duke of Castro wears nowadays?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Good point! As you see from the pic I posted, the picture is from a cover of Bunte. And in those days mags often coloured b/w pics for covers (I remember a lovely old cover of QEII with the Vladimir tiara and sapphires!! ) Duchess Elisabeth married Prince Antonio of Borbon-Sicily. Would that be a red order sash, like the Duke of Castro wears nowadays?
Based on the 8-pointed star with red enamel cross, I believe the Prince is wearing the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George, which has a light blue sash, so the colouring of the picture must be correct, at least in part.
BTW, thank you for reminding me that the lady in the picture in Duchess Elizabeth! :)

PS: I'm glad we agree that Diane is wearing the copy of the Empire tiara with the necklace from Dss Elizabeth's photo! :)
Old 08-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Great Wedding of Prince of Toerring-Jettennbach and Comtesse d' Altenburg.
Tradition Wedding as I like !

The bride wore a huge tiara.

from which family is it coming from .

Thanks for answer.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

That beautiful floral tiara is from the bride's family.
Some info can be found here: Das Diamant-Blüten-Diadem | Toerring-Jettenbach

The two brides pictured on that site are from the main line of the family. Countess Eleonore and her elder sister Countess Antonia (who married with this tiara in 2008) are 2nd cousins down the line. So this is a true family tiara, being widely shared by the family members.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

The German Royals kept their family jewels and have traditional weddings.
Well done.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

I found this interesting photo with two rarely seen German jewels - Empress Augusta Victoria's coronet and the impressive Arco-Zinneberg ruby parure (last worn at the wedding of Guillaume and Stéphanie), among others. Enjoy the glitter :P
Old 09-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Courtier

German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
I found this interesting photo with two rarely seen German jewels - Empress Augusta Victoria's coronet and the impressive Arco-Zinneberg ruby parure (last worn at the wedding of Guillaume and Stéphanie), among others. Enjoy the glitter :P
Great picture! I love snapshots like this :)
Poor Kira, that coronet must be a difficult piece to balance on your head.
Btw going by the tiara - is that Queen Marie-José behind the lady with the extended hand?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery