The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2015, 03:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Beautiful picture! I believe that it is from the wedding of Princess Anna and Prince Manuel. The wedding was white tie and took place in Sweden. Even the SRF was present.

This tiara was also worn by Princess Anna's sister-in-law Camilla Schenk Countess von Stauffenberg
Royal Musings: Princely wedding: Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Schenk von Stauffenberg
True,the King of Sweden is a childhood friend of Anna's father in law,Prince Leopold

Old 07-01-2015, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
True,the King of Sweden is a childhood friend of Anna's father in law,Prince Leopold

I guess the main reason for the wedding being held in Sweden is that the brides mother is swedish and that Anna spent parts of her childhood here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 07-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

http://royaltravel.blogspot.de/2015/07/michael-chrstina-salem-04072015.html
Prince Michael of Baden has married Christina Höhne last Saturday, and the bride wore Baden Sunburst tiara. The same tiara was already worn as wedding tiara by the mother-in-law and the two sisters-in-law.

Here is a pic of Princess Theodora wearing the Baden sunburst tiara at the birthday of King Gustav V of Sweden:
View image: baden theodora star

And a wedding picture of Arch Duchess Valerie, mother of the groom:
http://postimg.org/image/dw7urp3ep/

Princess Stephanie Kaul on her wedding
http://postimg.org/image/r1ncxsxa9/

Old 07-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Great Thanks Tilia.
I saw the pictures some over dressed some under dressed. But great and royal wedding

Very disapointed by the Margravine of Baden , the mother of the groom , but a great Princess of Baviera.

Happy to see Princess Tatania of Greece, Marie Bonaparte's grand daughter.

The Princes of Jordan attend a lot of european royal weddings. Are they close to them ??
Old 07-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What i found interstuing is that at the Wedding Gala in Potsdam later the same year only Maergravine Valerie wore the sunburst tiara but Hereditary Princess Stephanioe wore no tiara.
I believe there is another tiara in the posession of Prince Ludwig. I have once seen a pic of Princess Marianne with another diamond tiara but it was from the 1970's. So no Idea if they still won it.
Did you mean the meander tiara of Grand Duchess Marie Luise?
Juwelen und Schmuck des Markgräflichen Hauses Baden

Seegerpress has two pics of Princess Marianne with it. The first one might be from their pre-wedding ball.
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...marianne+baden
The second is dated by the agency as 1997. Which event could that be?
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...marianne+baden

So there is a chance that the meander tiara is still in the family. Maybe it will be seen at the weddings of the children of Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianne?

Old 07-07-2015, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
http://royaltravel.blogspot.de/2015/07/michael-chrstina-salem-04072015.html
Prince Michael of Baden has married Christina Höhne last Saturday, and the bride wore Baden Sunburst tiara. The same tiara was already worn as wedding tiara by the mother-in-law and the two sisters-in-law.

Here is a pic of Princess Theodora wearing the Baden sunburst tiara at the birthday of King Gustav V of Sweden:
View image: baden theodora star

And a wedding picture of Arch Duchess Valerie, mother of the groom:
http://postimg.org/image/dw7urp3ep/

Princess Stephanie Kaul on her wedding
http://postimg.org/image/r1ncxsxa9/
This Baden Sunburst tiara is beautiful but the following occurs to me.
When i see the Archduchess Valerie is so beautiful but when i see the Princess Stephanie did not like it at all.
Maybe it has to do with the hairstyle i think.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe this tiara needs more volume in the hairstyle than what Princess Stephanie wears. Without a backdrop of hair the sunbursts tend to look like a collection of disconnected elements.

I found a wedding pic of Princess Marie-Louise who married Dudley Baker in 1999. She is the eldest daughter of Margrave Maximilian and AD Valerie. She also has a bit of volum in her hair, but the pic is not very clear.
View image: baden marie luise

Old 07-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree.
How many tiaras has AD Valerie (a ruby one and ..)
Old 07-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Maybe this tiara needs more volume in the hairstyle than what Princess Stephanie wears. Without a backdrop of hair the sunbursts tend to look like a collection of disconnected elements.

I found a wedding pic of Princess Marie-Louise who married Dudley Baker in 1999. She is the eldest daughter of Margrave Maximilian and AD Valerie. She also has a bit of volum in her hair, but the pic is not very clear.
Maybe that is. And to Marie-Louise seems more nice with a little bit of volume in her hair. Some tiaras need that.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I agree.
How many tiaras has AD Valerie (a ruby one and ..)
I think she has only these two tiaras. At least I have never seen her with another one. Her sister-in-law has another family tiara (the meander tiara from my post above).

There used to be a bif floral tiara, which was seen worn by Grand Duchess Luise (mother of Queen Victoria of Sweden).

copyright expired

I believe that this tiara is the same as worn by Princess Theodora at the coronation of QEII.
View image: baden floral theodora

It seems that this one is no longer in the family. At least it hasn't been see for a terribly long time.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I am a bit lost !
Margrave Ludwig and Marianne of Baden have the meander tiara
Margrave Max and Valerie have two tiaras , the Sunburst tiara , traditional wedding tiara and a laurel wreath tiara with Rubies from Princess Theodora.
Theodora's tiara She wore at QII Coronation seems bigger.
Thanks for help MO
Old 07-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, Theodora's tiara from the coronation seems bigger than the ruby laurel wreath tiara. I believe that it is a fourth tiara, the same as GD Louise wears in the portrait above. Only that this one seems to have left the family.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I am busy in my files..
AD Valerie has 12 siblings . She is the daughter of AD Henry Salvator and Princess Rose Mary Salm Salm.

I found an old picture of AD Valerie wearing the Sunburst tiara sitting and speaking to her mother who wears a great parure (wedding present from Emperor FJ to his daughter .

Do you have more informations about the Salm Salm tiara or was this already discussed before ??
Old 07-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Arch Duchess Rosemarie, nee Princess zu Salm-Salm, used to wear this beautiful pink topaz parure. I have read that people attributed this tiara to Empress Marie Louise of France, but I think that the comparison picture shows that they do not match. It is new to me that it was a wedding present from emperor FJ. I believe the tiara has been sold because it hasn't been seen for decades.
View image: salm salm topaz
View image: pink topaz

Old 07-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Tilia a question. All the ex german royals you know if steel have the tiaras? Or just keep some one.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I also think it looked much better on Princess Christina, Princess Marie Louise and Margravine Valerie then on Hereditary Stephanie.
Not only that Stephanie wears it on a flat hairdo it also think it needs to be worn a bit laying back and not straight upright then she wears it.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, Theodora's tiara from the coronation seems bigger than the ruby laurel wreath tiara. I believe that it is a fourth tiara, the same as GD Louise wears in the portrait above. Only that this one seems to have left the family.
Probably sold. The Family had sol a lot of things among others in the 1990's the entire Interieur of the New Castle in Baden-Baden was sold at a sothebys auction.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Tilia a question. All the ex german royals you know if steel have the tiaras? Or just keep some one.
Eya, that depends on the families. Many German noble and royal families had to sell a lot of their possesions. Some families have no more tiara left, others managed to keep one tiara. And there are a some, like the main branch of the Württembergs, who still have an amazing collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I also think it looked much better on Princess Christina, Princess Marie Louise and Margravine Valerie then on Hereditary Stephanie.
Not only that Stephanie wears it on a flat hairdo it also think it needs to be worn a bit laying back and not straight upright then she wears it.
You are right, this might be one of the w tiaras that looks better lying flat than being placed upright.

I would like to see the ruby tiara more often. Imo it is more beautiful than the sunburst. But for weddings I prefer 'white' tiaras, and the Badens seem to think the same.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I would like to see the ruby tiara more often. Imo it is more beautiful than the sunburst. But for weddings I prefer 'white' tiaras, and the Badens seem to think the same.
Yes ist is strange that we don't see the ruby tiara more often. Or it are occasions when there are no pics. But what was strange that at the prussian Wedding Ball in 2011 the Hereditary Princess wore no tiara at all.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Eya, that depends on the families. Many German noble and royal families had to sell a lot of their possesions. Some families have no more tiara left, others managed to keep one tiara. And there are a some, like the main branch of the Württembergs, who still have an amazing collection.
Also the Bavarian's have quiet an number of tiara who still belong to the Family. The same for the Hannover's.

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery