German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
better than the whimsical (borrowed?) tiaras Princess Ursula wore at the last two Swedish weddings.

Any hint from whom she borrowed this tiara?If she did at all...

I don’t know, that's why I put it in brackets with the question mark.

But here is my reasoning: Princess Ursula has worn to different tiaras at the weddings of Madeleine and Carl Philip. They wouldn’t have sold an heirloom tiara to buy two new ones, imo.
One tiara was a small floral tiara with very few diamonds that looked rather contemporary in style to me. The other tiara was a kind of copy of the famous Spencer tiara. So definitely no old piece, since the Spencer tiara was quite unique in its time. Only after Diana’s wedding would it have become so popular that copies might have been made. Yet I don’t think that aristocratic families would want to buy a tiara that shouts ‘Diana’. I think that both tiaras would make a good investment for a jeweller who wants to loan wedding tiaras to well-off brides.

Both tiaras weren’t seen on other family members, so I think that it’s likely that the tiaras were loaned from a jeweller. Please note that this is just my theory, I have no proof for it.

Does anybody know anything about the tiara Duchess Eilika von Oldenburg used for her wedding with Archduke Georg?

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/03/50/42/952490/5/628x471.jpg

Was it Oldenburg or Habsburg jewel?
I believe that it is the same bandeau that Countess Felicitas Schwerin von Krosig wore at the pre-wedding before marrying Duke Huno of Oldenburg. Probably Duchess Tatiana and Duchess Beatrix also wore it on their wedding days. But of the latter ladies I have never seen good enough pictures to verify that theory.

The Habsburg pearl bandeau (worn by AD Francesca a few times) seems to look quite different, imo.

It might be the same,good spotting...So,it is an Oldenburg piece of jewelry after all...

Is there a picture of Princess Margarita at the wedding in Athens? (I assume the the one you posted was taken later.) I have never heard anything about the origins or the current whereabouts of this tiara.

Is there a picture of Princess Margarita at the wedding in Athens? (I assume the the one you posted was taken later.) I have never heard anything about the origins or the current whereabouts of this tiara.

Yes.Here is a picture.

2701.jpg Photo by manuesevilla3 | Photobucket

Although not a very clear one.

Nothing is known about this tiara.Her daughter Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia wore some other tiara at her wedding to Sir Desmond de Silva.

I just sent an email to Ms. Ida Quinn,secretary to Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia regarding the jewels and will see if she will answer me at all.

Last edited:
Diamond and aquamarine necklace of Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia found it's way to the auction:

Il Ponte casa d'aste

The necklace was a wedding present from Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.

Last edited:
That's quite a brooch...beautiful!

LaRae

That's quite a brooch...beautiful!

LaRae

:previous: Thanks! So we have pictures of her wearing it on three different occasions throughout her life. There is no info about the origin, but it's more likely to come from the Baden family than from the Yugoslavian family. Both of Margaretha's brothers received family tiaras, so she probably also received one. The Yugoslavian RF on the other hand was less fortunate and had to sell many of their jewels.

:previous: Thanks! So we have pictures of her wearing it on three different occasions throughout her life. There is no info about the origin, but it's more likely to come from the Baden family than from the Yugoslavian family. Both of Margaretha's brothers received family tiaras, so she probably also received one. The Yugoslavian RF on the other hand was less fortunate and had to sell many of their jewels.

I assume it was Baden tiara because I guess it would have been known if it was Yugoslavian tiara owned by his mother Queen Marie.

I sent an email asking this same thing Princess Katarina's secretary,Ms. Ida Quinn but she hasn't replied anything :(

Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria with the tiara from her own family, the Douglas tiara, at the 70th birthday of King Carl Gustaf of Sweden.
https://s32.postimg.org/nqgjgl32t/2016_elisabeth_bayern_2.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/3x911mf2t/2016_elisabeth_bayern.jpg

The first time that I have seen her with this tiara was in 2005, the wedding or Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna SWB. Does someone here know if she had worn it before that? Three of her daughters have worn it at their respective weddings before 2005.

The first time that I have seen her with this tiara was in 2005, the wedding or Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna SWB. Does someone here know if she had worn it before that? Three of her daughters have worn it at their respective weddings before 2005.

Well,hard to say...here is her mother Countess Ottora Douglas wearing a tiara:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Fnm1TiOisns/UxtAuqD0V_I/AAAAAAAAIWg/dw44cY_NCEI/s1600/Douglas.jpg

As she died in 2001,I assume that there was no need for Elisabeth to borrow this particular tiara as she had other at her disposal and that could be the reason we haven't seen it on her before...

I assume she inherited it after her mother's death which means that it is a lot easier now to "take the tiara wherever and whenever she wants without asking for permission" imo.

Two of Duchess Elisabeth's daughters, Marie Caroline and Sophie, wore the tiara for their weddings while Countess Otara Douglas was still alive. It's not uncommon that wedding tiaras are loaned from a grandmother. But since the father owned several tiaras himself, that is a bit surprising.

Two of Duchess Elisabeth's daughters, Marie Caroline and Sophie, wore the tiara for their weddings while Countess Otara Douglas was still alive. It's not uncommon that wedding tiaras are loaned from a grandmother. But since the father owned several tiaras himself, that is a bit surprising.

I know,but that was a special occasion and the brides might have preferred this tiara,but my point was that Elizabeth had one grand tiara easily at her disposal and she could also borrow from her mother but that needs more formalities than just to grab one next to you for an occasion which is not that special such as wedding or something similar.

Caroline_of_Reu%C3%9F-Greiz%2C_grand_duchess_of_Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach.jpg

Her Royal Highness The Grand Duchess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1884-1905) nee Her Serene Highness Princess Caroline Reuss of Greiz

I wonder what happened with these jewels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom