The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yesterday Countess Caroline von Neipperg married Count Philippe de Limburg-Stirum. Actually I don't know if this is the right place to discuss the star tiara of the bride. The lady is french, although the title is German, the groom is from a Belgium family. Since this is not the known tiara of the groom's family I decided to post in the German jewels thread.
Caroline von Neipperg et Philippe de Limburg Stirum - Noces comtales à Saint-Émilion slideshow/

I haven't seen this tiara before and am not sure what it is. Maybe 3 diamonod star brooches set on a frame with some green floral spacing elements between? Or are the green elements part of the tiara? The colour of the green stone looks like neither emerald nor peridot to me. But photos can be deceptive.

Anyway, those old pearl and diamond earings beautiful!

Old 05-24-2015, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

This tiara is a little bizarre i think.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yesterday Countess Caroline von Neipperg married Count Philippe de Limburg-Stirum. Actually I don't know if this is the right place to discuss the star tiara of the bride. The lady is french, although the title is German, the groom is from a Belgium family. Since this is not the known tiara of the groom's family I decided to post in the German jewels thread.
Caroline von Neipperg et Philippe de Limburg Stirum - Noces comtales à Saint-Émilion slideshow/

I haven't seen this tiara before and am not sure what it is. Maybe 3 diamonod star brooches set on a frame with some green floral spacing elements between? Or are the green elements part of the tiara? The colour of the green stone looks like neither emerald nor peridot to me. But photos can be deceptive.

Anyway, those old pearl and diamond earings beautiful!
Don't think it is a Neipperg tiara. When Count Phuilipp of Neupprg married Paula Wolff a few years agop she wore no tiara and also his sister hemma wore no tiara at her Wedding. perhaps it comes from the Family of the brides mother.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

What an awesomely stunning bride! I like the golden embroidery. It looks in nothing to all those boring, ugly strapless gowns in Say Yes To The Dress. These dresses which go aside the usual predicatble path often are the most beautiful.

Look at them, wonderful:

Countess Caroline van Limburg-Stirum née Countess von Neipperg

Princess Philomena d'Orléans née De Tornos y Steinhart

Princess Olga di Savoia-Aosta née Princess of Greece

Congratulations to Philippe and Caroline. I also liked the diadem. It is a normal diamond star diadem but apparently traditional green is added to the base.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

A agree , thanks for sharing your pictures !
Old 05-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Don't think it is a Neipperg tiara. When Count Phuilipp of Neupprg married Paula Wolff a few years agop she wore no tiara and also his sister hemma wore no tiara at her Wedding. perhaps it comes from the Family of the brides mother.
That is a good point. Or it come from the family of the groom's mother. Both bride and groom have unmarried siblings. So we may see this tiara again and learn more about it.

This is the tiara which the Limburg-Stirum family usually wear: View image: limburg stirum

Old 06-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

So it seems the Princess Anna of Bavaria and Princess Ursula are wearing new tiaras as well to the wedding today...but I cannot find any closeups....
Old 06-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Anna is wearting the same tiara as at Madeleine's wedding. It originates from her own family, a junior branch of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburgs and her mother had worn it at the wedding of Anna and Manuel.

Prince Leopold and Princess Ursual auctioned off their Spanish heirloom tiara shortly before Madeleine's wedding. In 2013 Princess Ursula wore a small floral tiara of unknown provenence, and now this strange copy of the Spencer tiara. That makes me believe that they are loans, as they both have never seen before.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Anna is wearting the same tiara as at Madeleine's wedding. It originates from her own family, a junior branch of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburgs and her mother had worn it at the wedding of Anna and Manuel.

Prince Leopold and Princess Ursual auctioned off their Spanish heirloom tiara shortly before Madeleine's wedding. In 2013 Princess Ursula wore a small floral tiara of unknown provenence, and now this strange copy of the Spencer tiara. That makes me believe that they are loans, as they both have never seen before.
You are the best, thank you!
Old 06-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know if Princess Uta von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen,daughter in law of Princess Birgitta wore any tiara for the wedding?Her sister in law Princess Desiree wore pearl tiara...

I have only seen her pictures in the pre wedding gala,don't even know if she attended the actual wedding...
Old 06-22-2015, 04:38 AM
Serene Highness

Tiara of Countess Anna Elisabeth zu Stolberg-Wernigerode,born Countess von Schlitz:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psqoqelazc.jpg
Old 06-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Does anyone know if Princess Uta von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen,daughter in law of Princess Birgitta wore any tiara for the wedding?Her sister in law Princess Desiree wore pearl tiara...

I have only seen her pictures in the pre wedding gala,don't even know if she attended the actual wedding...
I too had hoped to see Princess Uta with a Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen tiara at the wedding, but she didn't wear a tiara.

here are pictures of the German guests that wore tiaras at CP's wedding:
Princess Birgitta's daughter Desiree von Bohlen und Halbach, nee Princess von Hohenzollern
Getty Images

Princess Ursula von Bayern with a a tiara that was never before seen and is clearly inspired by the Spencer tiara. I do believe it was a loan.
Getty Images

Princess Anna von Bayern, nee Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, with a tiara from her own family
Getty Images

Quote:
Tiara of Countess Anna Elisabeth zu Stolberg-Wernigerode,born Countess von Schlitz:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psqoqelazc.jpg
Thank you for the picture. The stones in this tiara are amazing. I wonder if they are sapphire and if the tiara can also be converted to a necklace.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Commoner

Me and my wife we have been in Vienna in the 1990s. There is a place named "Kaiserresidenz" where you can see all the Austrian crown jewels.

Besides jewelry you find porcelain and other wonderful accessories of the Austrian empire.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I too had hoped to see Princess Uta with a Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen tiara at the wedding, but she didn't wear a tiara.
I haven't even seen her picture from the actual wedding,just from the pre-wedding gala :(

Did she wear any jewels?
Old 06-30-2015, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thank you for the picture. The stones in this tiara are amazing. I wonder if they are sapphire and if the tiara can also be converted to a necklace.
I just don't know about the stones,but I guess it's visible that it could be used as a tiara...just stunning jewels!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Princess Birgitta's daughter Desiree von Bohlen und Halbach, nee Princess von Hohenzollern
Getty Images
Getty Images didn't identify a woman with Princess Desiree and her husband...

Actually,it's Desiree's first cousin and also first cousin of the groom Baroness Sybilla von Dincklage wearing very impressive necklace...
Old 06-30-2015, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I haven't even seen her picture from the actual wedding,just from the pre-wedding gala :(

Did she wear any jewels?
I have seen a picture of her, but now I can't find it again. Sorry! Iirc, her jewels weren't very striking.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Princess Anna von Bayern, nee Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, with a tiara from her own family
Getty Images
Her mother,Princess Yvonne zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg wearing the same family tiara:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psbjzhm7bj.jpg
Old 06-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Beautiful picture! I believe that it is from the wedding of Princess Anna and Prince Manuel. The wedding was white tie and took place in Sweden. Even the SRF was present.

This tiara was also worn by Princess Anna's sister-in-law Camilla Schenk Countess von Stauffenberg
Royal Musings: Princely wedding: Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Schenk von Stauffenberg

Old 06-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Commoner

It's a beautiful tiara!

Tags
austrian, german, jewellery