Empress Farah Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a fantastic collection and very Middle Eastern in appearance! Such a shame that the Shah and his wife left all their jewels in Iran when they left!
You´re welcome Duchess:flowers:

Well all tiaras except the turquoise are part form Iranian Treasury then is normal now all jewels are in Iran. Same happened in Egypt.

I enjoyed both images, and I have always had a soft spot for Farah Diba, since when she was a student in Paris.

That is one sumptuous tiara! I don't know if I like the mix of stones, but it looks absolutely glorious on Farah's fair head. It actually looks like all white diamonds in the black-and-white photos which I like better.

I don't know if this has been discussed in this or another thread, but I am wondering since the she and her husband had to leave the country whether some of her jewels belong actually to the Iranian country or whether they are her own.

The state jewels are where they always were, in the vaults of the Central Bank in Tehran. Then as now they are part of the backup of the Iranian currency, rather like gold reserves. Of course today the Iranian currency isn't worth the paper it is printed on but the jewels are still immensely valuable.

The state jewels are where they always were, in the vaults of the Central Bank in Tehran. Then as now they are part of the backup of the Iranian currency, rather like gold reserves. Of course today the Iranian currency isn't worth the paper it is printed on but the jewels are still immensely valuable.

Thank you very much for this information. I didn't know on that :flowers:

I don't know if this has been discussed in this or another thread, but I am wondering since the she and her husband had to leave the country whether some of her jewels belong actually to the Iranian country or whether they are her own.
She left Iran with her personal jewels, except the turqoise tiara which she left in Iran. Some of her earrings, necklaces... was sold by the Empress.

Just as Salma and NGalitzine said,Farah Dibah only took her personal jewellery with her,the Imperial Crown Jewels are still in Tehran.They are on public display in the National Museum of Iran and Museum of The Treasury of National Iranian Jewels.They are really worth a visit,it is a highly impressive exhibition.Here is a little bit of information about the Persian Crown Jewel Collection:http://www.iranicaonline.org/articl...-persia-kept-now-in-the-bank-e-markazi-e-iran-

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Farah's Seven Emerald Tiara

This has got to be one of the most intriguing and unique tiaras I have ever seen. Though, I really do not like it. I really dislike the pointed base, and I find the mix of the diamonds and the large emeralds too much for my taste. It's just ostentatious. However, I do find the diamonds and emeralds itself just breathtaking. Love the color of those emeralds. Nevertheless, it's an intriguing tiara, but not a favorite of mine.

Turquoise tiara, necklace and earrings

images have been cropped (less 20%) and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• 545.jpg
    545.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 770
The Noor-ol-Ain Tiara

image has been cropped (less than 20%) and is not subject of copyright

Attachments

• tiara.jpg
    tiara.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 771
Noor ol Ain Tiara

image has been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• noorolain.jpg
    noorolain.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 315
If memory serves me, that was the Empress' wedding tiara.

Yes Duchessmary. The first time she wore it was at her wedding day. The tiara was made by Harry Winston.

Has the Empress ever worn a tiara since leaving Iran,I know most of her jewels were left behind.

Has the Empress ever worn a tiara since leaving Iran,I know most of her jewels were left behind.

No she left the tiaras in Iran, also her turquoise tiara, which was a personal jewel.

I don't like this tiara. I dislike the shape of those turquoises. I, however, love the earrings.

These earrings are beautiful. She could interchange the top part.

Last edited:
She never wears tiaras anymore and her daughter in law wore flowers at her wedding day
Without any tiara She is one of the most elegant Ladies of her age. She is very tall and all she wears is very high Quality.

When I saw her entering the Cathedral for Queen Fabiola's Funerals , she was minor royal which means we remain sitting.
I said to myself , this very Lady had once an Empress Coronation !

Empress Farah´s turquoise and diamond earrings

Images have been cropped, less than 20% of the originals, and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• 3213213213213.jpg
    3213213213213.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 729
Back
Top Bottom