The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
La la's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Eskilstuna, Sweden
Posts: 903
Your love for the late Shah is ever so obvious. I hope to visit Bank Melli where those jewellries are on display and tour around their former palaces that are museums now if I ever make it to Iran.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-29-2004, 01:11 PM
sol_anglada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 251
Nice trip

I hope you can do this marvellous trip to Tehran soon ...
Sol
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-10-2004, 04:51 PM
sol_anglada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 251
Question

Do you know if a non reigning queen can wear tiaras in social events?

Thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol_anglada
Do you know if a non reigning queen can wear tiaras in social events?

Thanks
Yes, non reigning queens wear tiraras at social events. For exemple, ex Queen Anne-Marie of Greece wears a tiara at royal galas.

I have also wondered why the Shahbanou has not worn a tiara since she has been living in exile.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-12-2004, 11:01 AM
sol_anglada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 251
To Mandy

I just post the question because I have never seen Her Imperial Majesty the Shahbanou Farah of Iran wearing tiaras after she had to leave her homeland. I hope the Shahbanou wears a tiara soon ...
Sol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-13-2004, 11:58 AM
reynard's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Yes, non reigning queens wear tiraras at social events. For exemple, ex Queen Anne-Marie of Greece wears a tiara at royal galas.

I have also wondered why the Shahbanou has not worn a tiara since she has been living in exile.
I'm guessing that she does not have any tiaras of her own anymore:(
__________________
Regards, Reynard
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-13-2004, 01:32 PM
farah's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 100
Wow! the empress used to have magnificent jewelry especially her Noor-ol-Ain tiara, pity that we don't see those master pieces any more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-14-2004, 04:02 PM
sol_anglada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 251
Right

Yes, you are right, but remember that all the jewells worn by Her Majesty belonged to the State of Iran and were at Malli Bank.
Sol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 449
I thought that the turquoise parure belonged to the Empess?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
sol_anglada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 251
Jewells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I thought that the turquoise parure belonged to the Empess?
Well, this is wht I readand of course must believe. Appart from that in some interviews the Shahbanou has said that she expressely didn't bring any jewel with her when she left Iran.
Sol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol_anglada
Well, this is wht I readand of course must believe. Appart from that in some interviews the Shahbanou has said that she expressely didn't bring any jewel with her when she left Iran.
Sol
Yes, that is what I understand as well. The Empress had to leave it the parure in Iran.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 889
My friend once visited the place where ex Iranian empire jewellery has been stored; she told me that there is a marvellous globe made from precious stones among the crowns. I searched many website but unfortunately I couldn't find it. This globe has said belongs to Iranian emperor. I know this thread about Farah Diba's jewellery, but I hope somebody could help me to find the link I need .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-18-2004, 04:47 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
My friend once visited the place where ex Iranian empire jewellery has been stored; she told me that there is a marvellous globe made from precious stones among the crowns. I searched many website but unfortunately I couldn't find it. This globe has said belongs to Iranian emperor. I know this thread about Farah Diba's jewellery, but I hope somebody could help me to find the link I need .
Hi galuhcandrakirana, I find these tiara from http://www.iranchamber.com/museum/ro...n_jewels01.php
They are wonderful but I don't know if what you are looking for.


iani Crown
The Kiani Crown was used during the Qajar dynasty. Reza Shah, the founder of the Pahlavi dynasty, had his own crown designed but the Kiani crown was present during his coronation.

The crown itself is made of red velvet which has thousands of gems set onto it. Fathali Shah is often shown in paintings wearing a similar crown - it is not known whether there were a number of crowns in use at the time which looked similar, or whether the artists simply portrayed the same crown in different ways.

The Kiani crown has about 1800 pearls sown onto it, each from 7 to 9 mm. in diameter. There are approximately 300 emeralds set on the crown, the largest of which is about 80 cts. There are also about 1800 rubies and spinels on the crown, the largest of which is 120 cts. The largest diamond is 23 cts.

The total height of the crown is 32 cm. without the aigrette, and the total width is 19.5 cm.




he Pahlavi Crown
This crown was used by Reza Shah, the founder of the Pahlavi dynasty, in his coronation on 25 April 1926. His son, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, the last Shah of Iran, also used the crown in his coronation on 26 Oct. 1967.

The crown was designed and built by a group of Iranian jewellers, under the supervision of Haj Serajeddin, the famous jeweller who had been in the employ of the Amir of Bokhara and had later emigrated from the Soviet Union to Iran. The stones were selected from loose stones in the treasury.

The crown made of red velvet, gold, and silver. It has a total height of 29.8 cm. and has a width of 19.8 cm. It weighs 2,080 grams. The are 3,380 diamonds employed on the crown, totalling 1,144 cts. The largest is a brilliant-cut yellow diamond of 60 cts. which is located in the center of the front jewel sunburst. There are also 369 perfectly-matching natural pearls in three rows on the crown. Of the 5 emeralds, totalling 200 cts., the largest is approximately 100 cts. The largest sapphire is 20 cts.

The design of the crown incorporates a motif of the Sassanid dynasty, which ruled over the Persian Empire from the 3rd through the 7th centuries AD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04_kiani_crown.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	68718   Click image for larger version

Name:	03_pahlavi_crown.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	68719  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-18-2004, 04:56 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
From
http://www.iranchamber.com/museum/ro...n_jewels07.php


The Empress's Crown
Once Muhammad Reza Shah placed the Pahlavi crown on his own head during his coronation ceremony in 1967, he placed this crown on the head of his wife, the Empress Farah. Until that date, the wives of Persian monarchs were not crowned, and so it became necessary to design a new crown for the occasion. That honor was bestowed on the French jewellers, Van Cleef & Arpel.

In accordance with tradition, the gems used in this crown were selected from loose gems in the treasury. The crown is made of green velvet, and white gold. It has more than 38 emeralds, 105 pearls, 34 rubies, 2 spinels, and 1,469 diamonds. The total weight of the crown is 1,481 grams. The largest emerald is located in the center of the sunburst on the front of the crown, and weighs approximately 91.32 cts. The two largest spinels are approximately 83 cts., and the largest pearl is approximately 22 mm. long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13_empress_crown.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	68728  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-19-2004, 11:04 AM
sol_anglada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 251
Marvellous

This are very marvelloous crowns !!! However, I want to remember that their didin't belong to the Shah and the Shahbanou but at people of Iran.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-19-2004, 02:45 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol_anglada
This are very marvelloous crowns !!! However, I want to remember that their didin't belong to the Shah and the Shahbanou but at people of Iran.
Yes, they are very marvelloous crowns, I like very much their shapes. They are well done by a great artist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-20-2004, 05:22 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 889
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Hi galuhcandrakirana, I find these tiara from http://www.iranchamber.com/museum/ro...n_jewels01.php
They are wonderful but I don't know if what you are looking for.
Hi abir, thanks very muchfor the link, yes I found what I wanted to see here. It is a jewel studded globe, I could imagine that the real globe should be extremely marvelouse...I hope one day I could see the real one:)

Here the detil:Jewel-Studded Globe
The most magnificent globe in existence, it has a total height of 110 cm. and a diameter of 45 cm. and is covered with over 51 thousand gemstones. The seas and oceans are shown with emeralds. Land masses are mostly displayed in rubies and spinels. Iran, Britain, France, and parts of South Asia are shown in diamonds. The base is constructed of wood, covered with a layer of gold. Approximately 35 kilograms of pure gold is used in the globe.
According to legend, Nasseridin Shah (1848-1896) ordered the construction of the globe to help keep track of the loose gemstones in the treasury.
The largest ruby used in the globe is approximately 75 ct. The largest spinel is approximately 110 cts. The largest emerald is approximately 175 cts., the largest sapphire is approximately 34 cts, and the largest diamond is approximately 15 cts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Jackswife's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 798
Talking

These are some of the most breath-taking royal jewels ever. The workmanship and sheer size and quality of the gems make them supreme examples of the art of jewelry. Very nice pictures!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-20-2004, 01:46 PM
sol_anglada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswife
These are some of the most breath-taking royal jewels ever. The workmanship and sheer size and quality of the gems make them supreme examples of the art of jewelry. Very nice pictures!
And its a pitty that the greatest Queen of history (from my humble point of view) now can't wear them,so we can't see usually them eather.

Sol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-23-2004, 05:01 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
Hi abir, thanks very muchfor the link, yes I found what I wanted to see here. It is a jewel studded globe, I could imagine that the real globe should be extremely marvelouse...I hope one day I could see the real one:)

Here the detil:Jewel-Studded Globe
The most magnificent globe in existence, it has a total height of 110 cm. and a diameter of 45 cm. and is covered with over 51 thousand gemstones. The seas and oceans are shown with emeralds. Land masses are mostly displayed in rubies and spinels. Iran, Britain, France, and parts of South Asia are shown in diamonds. The base is constructed of wood, covered with a layer of gold. Approximately 35 kilograms of pure gold is used in the globe.
According to legend, Nasseridin Shah (1848-1896) ordered the construction of the globe to help keep track of the loose gemstones in the treasury.
The largest ruby used in the globe is approximately 75 ct. The largest spinel is approximately 110 cts. The largest emerald is approximately 175 cts., the largest sapphire is approximately 34 cts, and the largest diamond is approximately 15 cts.
You are welcome galuhcandrakirana.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
empress farah diba, farah diba, iran, jewellery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emperor Napoleon I (1769-1821) and Wives (Empress Josephine and Empress Marie-Louise) Toledo The Imperial House of Bonaparte 32 04-11-2014 06:08 PM
HIM Empress Farah Pahlavi (1938- ) 2: September 2005 - Mandy The Imperial Family of Iran 346 02-26-2014 05:04 PM
Empress Farah´s Fashion and Style: October 2006 - espejor Royal House of Fashion 101 01-05-2014 03:19 PM
Empress Farah Pahlavi: Current Events Part 1 Alexandria The Imperial Family of Iran 176 09-20-2005 08:34 AM
Empress Farah Pahlavi: News and Pictures sol_anglada The Imperial Family of Iran 152 01-20-2005 11:47 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess charlene eveningwear princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima princess of orange queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima fashion queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]