The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
She also left jewels to Marie-Christine. I didn't know she had left anything else to any of the other royal ladies but I know Marie-Christine was told never to wear the jewels HG left her in front of EIIR or QM.
Sorry but who is Marie-Christine?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Marie-Christine = Princess Michael of Kent.
The Duchess of Windsor didn't leave her jewels but gave some to her as gifts while she was still alive, including a pair of Cartier panther earrings.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice gifts too. I hadnīt realised that the Duchess had ever met her.
There were rumours years before the Duchess died that she would leave some of her jewellery to Prince Charles but it seems that never happened.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Royal Highness

Warren, thank you for the sapphire pendant post--isn't it an unbelievably beautiful piece? I am not ashamed to say that I made a small, but audible, gasp when I saw it. Wallis had some stunning pieces--they appear a little dated now, but they are no less spectacular. I love the pieces Princess Michael wears.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Very nice gifts too. I hadnīt realised that the Duchess had ever met her.
There were rumours years before the Duchess died that she would leave some of her jewellery to Prince Charles but it seems that never happened.
Prince Michael of Kent used to visit The Duke and Duchess in Paris and he continued to visit Wallis after The Duke died. So, when he became engaged to Marie-Christine, he brought her to meet The Duchess.

She was charmed by Marie-Christine and gave her some valuable pieces as wedding gifts including the ruby cherry brooch with matching earrings, emerald and diamond drop earrings, a diamond ring, a sapphire bracelet and a Cartier brooch.

She did leave a few more pieces in her will to Princess Michael, The Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra as a gesture of affection for their kindness to her and The Duke.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

We had someone in the family like that, visited his old aunt a lot and got an emerald ring for his trouble too. I am sorry, I didnīt mean to be cynical the next generation after the abdication probably didnīt understand the ill feeling towards someone who, to them and lots of other people, had stolen a king and taken him into the frivolous world of café society.
I havenīt seen any of this jewellery on Princess Michael but I am sure it looks fabulous and some day I am sure it will look just as fabulous on her daughter, for me the best looking in the new generation of royals.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Check out the PRincess Michael jewels thread--you'll see some of the pieces there, along with some stunners from Marina's collection

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Royal Highness

Kent Jewels

I can't seem to find a Princess Michael of Kent's jewels thread at all! You could check their events pages--there will pictures there as well.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I can't seem to find a Princess Michael of Kent's jewels thread at all!
We have the "Kent" jewels thread for Princess Alexandra, Princess Michael and the Duchess of Kent as virtually all the jewels come from Princess Marina (Duchess of Kent). It's a family friendly thread.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Duchess of Windsor Jewel Page

Lots of Pics.. I've been working on this page.... have a look.
Let me know what you guys think and if there is anything else I can add. Oh, her jewellery is at the bottom.

Jewellery of Today's British Royalty - The Tudors Wiki
Old 10-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Royal Highness

GASP! PANT! Sharp intake of breath! Beautiful job--and that's just my initial reaction. Excuse me, I'm off to explore.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

GOSH..... all of these pieces are just mouth watering thanks so much for posting the site. I could say I love tis or that but simply say I adore them all.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Super Great Job Lady Meg. I have been searching for a pic of the Duchess in the coral torsade with the emerald clasp, if you come upon one will you PM me? I too will have to spend sometime 'dreaming on your site!!!'
Old 10-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Excellent work, Lady Meg. It's indeed great to see all these magnificent pieces. Especially the Diamond and Emerald necklace is amazing.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
Lots of Pics.. I've been working on this page.... have a look.
Let me know what you guys think and if there is anything else I can add. Oh, her jewellery is at the bottom.

Jewellery of Today's British Royalty - The Tudors Wiki
Fantastic work Lady Meg. The best photo collection of royal jewellery I have seen, congratulations.
It was rather touching to see the pictures of the much more natural Diana on her Australian visit too, she became so polished it is easy to forget what a natural beauty she was.
There is one thing that puzzles me, the Duchess of Windsorīs emerald engagement ring is usually described as a Moghul emerald and that one isnīt.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, apparently that is the "reset" one. She had it re-done for some reason I guess. At least that's what I read when I found the pic. I went hunting for pics of her.. well for everyone on that page. I really wanted to showcase the beauty of the jewels. The pictures of Diana - yes, I wanted to find something from when she was just coming into being the Princess of Wales. The later stuff shows a transformation. Man, did she LOVE Pearls!!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Super Great Job Lady Meg. I have been searching for a pic of the Duchess in the coral torsade with the emerald clasp, if you come upon one will you PM me? I too will have to spend sometime 'dreaming on your site!!!'
I'm not sure if I'm familiar with that piece. Is that pictured on the page? Yes, she had SPLENDID jewelry!! I was soooo happy to find so many pictures of her actually wearing the jewelery.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is in the sale book, their was a whole fabulous suite of coral and emeralds. But I too have never seen a picture of her actually wearing this!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Yes, the Duke & Duchess are buried together at Frogmore. The Duchess's funeral was held at St Georges Chapel. It was quite low key but the Queen & the rest of the immediate family did attend.
Apparently they did not mention the name of the Duchess throughout the funeral. Or so I heard.
And I wonder did they leave any piece of jewelry[like a Kenneth Jay Lane which she loved so much ] on the Duchess when laid to rest?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont know how one could have a funeral without ever mentioning the deceased...The last time I was at one I remember there was a lot of 'And now take back the soul of our departed sister XYZ'

Tags
duchess of windsor, jewellery, wallis, wallis simpson