Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New as in we haven’t seen it before probably, but then I guess that could be said for most of her jewellery.

Glad there were no stack rings today.

Also comments are that the pearls look to be an older style and quite possibly from the Queen's personal collection.

LaRae

Not a fan of them and they can look tacky when you get too many of them.

LaRae

Not a fan of them and they can look tacky when you get too many of them. LaRae

Even when they are all gold and diamond encrusted? ;) I have to admit rings are my thing, and I love stack rings. ?

Some confusion re todays earrings as Birks has tweeted she is wearing theirs.

Need a high quality picture to confirm one way or the other.

What I don’t believe is that HMQ bought Birks earrings for Meghan

Buckingham Palace has confirmed they are a gift from the Queen but that's it.

They do greatly resemble the Queen's Ladies of Devonshire earrings. But I need a better close up to see if they are the same ones.

LaRae

Even when they are all gold and diamond encrusted? ;) I have to admit rings are my thing, and I love stack rings. ?

The presence of lots of diamonds doesn't make something not-tacky (in fact too much can become tacky).

When you have 4 or 5 rings on one hand..it is not a good look to me.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad there were no stack rings today.

Also comments are that the pearls look to be an older style and quite possibly from the Queen's personal collection.

LaRae

I have earrings exactly like those that I bought at Kay Jewelers back in the 80s. Who reported they are a gift from HM? Just because they look like a scaled down version of Queen Mary's earrings doesn't mean they came from her. Color me skeptical, I'd say they came out of Meghan's jewelry box and the style is just an homage to HM's taste since they were spending time together.

I have earrings exactly like those that I bought at Kay Jewelers back in the 80s. Who reported they are a gift from HM? Just because they look like a scaled down version of Queen Mary's earrings doesn't mean they came from her. Color me skeptical, I'd say they came out of Meghan's jewelry box and the style is just an homage to HM's taste since they were spending time together.

Buckingham Palace announced it is a gift from HMQ. More like HMQ gave her something that's fitted to Meghan's more minimalist taste.

Buckingham Palace announced it is a gift from HMQ. More like HMQ gave her something that's fitted to Meghan's more minimalist taste.

Has anybody seen this BP announcement or is it just a tweet by Emily Andrews that BP are suggesting so?

Has anybody seen this BP announcement or is it just a tweet by Emily Andrews that BP are suggesting so?

Other royal correspondents are tweeting as well. It is pretty typically for them to announce certain fashion and jewelry brand when they are asked. And I really don't think the royal correspondents would be lying in terms of quoting BP.

It's been said several times in the thread, on Twitter etc...that BP released the info and stated they were a gift from the Queen.

LaRae

I'm sorry, but can you actually show me the Buckingham Palace announcement? I was under the impression they don't give out information on the royal's fashion/jewelry, perhaps I'm mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time!

Really, do we think reporters just made this up? I know they aren't the most reliable but this would be quite a silly thing to just pull out of thin air. :lol:

I'm not a ring person but I love Meghan's stack rings and I love that she continues to wear them as a royal.

It's been said several times in the thread, on Twitter etc...that BP released the info and stated they were a gift from the Queen.

LaRae

Where is the info BP released? Just because it was said here or on Twitter doesn't mean BP said it.

Where is the info BP released? Just because it was said here or on Twitter doesn't mean BP said it.

Very fair point. In times of rampant "fake news", a more authentic source might give the thought a bit more credibility.

It's normal for palaces to announce the clothing and jewelry they wear on official businesses to reporters rather than directly. One major thing that comes to mind was the drama surrounding Kate's hat in the Scandinavian visit. There was going back and forth with KP and reporters all day on if that's real fur on her hat (it was initially announced to them that it wasn't, and then there were doubts posed by some). The only times they are really careful and is adamant about not doing so is when the event is of more somber nature (KP refused to comment on her clothes for ANZAC). I'm not sure why is it so hard to accept that HMQ would gift Meghan something classic and similar style to one of her favorite earrings.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why is it so hard to accept that HMQ would gift Meghan something classic and similar style to one of her favorite earrings.

I don't believe we are quite in the realms of "why is it so hard to accept .......", its just that some of us are querying whether this is indeed the case, or perhaps something that may be speculation, and picked up a life of its own.

Go look at Twitter. Almost every single royal reporter out there is stating it. Generally they CALL BP and ask for ID info on jewelry and fashion then report it.

LaRae

I don't believe we are quite in the realms of "why is it so hard to accept .......", its just that some of us are querying whether this is indeed the case, or perhaps something that may be speculation, and picked up a life of its own.

While not all reporting from the royal correspondents' sources are always correct. I've not seen any case of them falsely report a comment from royal palaces. It's also pretty standard that they are given information by the palaces without it being in writing, but rather through comments and briefing. They do talk to them. And if it's just something they picked up from another report (and they do do this when someone breaks a story), they wouldn't say BP said, they always say it's being reported by so and so. They don't attribute things to BP or KP like this unless they really got it from them on the record.

Go look at Twitter. Almost every single royal reporter out there is stating it. Generally they CALL BP and ask for ID info on jewelry and fashion then report it.

LaRae

Again, your speaking of Twitter rumors and generalities, nothing substantive. IMO it's fake news.

Again, your speaking of Twitter rumors and generalities, nothing substantive. IMO it's fake news.
Can I ask why it's so hard to believe that HMQ could've gifted this to The Duchess of Sussex? BTW, there is no Twitter rumors or generalities, the quote is directly attributed to KP. People don't just lie about that.

Last edited:
Meghan is on the inside as the newest member of the royal firm. She'll surely be wearing many more gifts and loans of jewelry from the Queen, not to mention more gifts of jewelry from her husband, the Duke of Sussex. :D

Can I ask why it's so hard to believe that HMQ could've gifted this to The Duchess of Sussex? BTW, there is no Twitter rumors or generalities, the quote is directly attributed to KP. People don't just lie about that.

I was replying to Pranter who told me to go look at Twitter and said 'Generally they CALL BP' (all caps are hers not mine). Rumors and generalities indeed.

And please, you don't think reporters' misinformation gets spread around, especially if it's something they think their readership wants to believe?

Why when it's something you want to believe do the reporter's have credence, but when it's not they're all lying hacks?

This is common for reporters to call BP/KP etc and ask for info on clothing/jewelry detail...no one questions what we are told about Kate's clothing or the Queen's clothing etc...or their jewelry so now why all the sudden is it fake news because they are talking about Meghan's jewelry/clothing?

LaRae

I was replying to Pranter who told me to go look at Twitter and said 'Generally they CALL BP' (all caps are hers not mine). Rumors and generalities indeed.

And please, you don't think reporters' misinformation gets spread around, especially if it's something they think their readership wants to believe?

Why when it's something you want to believe do the reporter's have credence, but when it's not they're all lying hacks? :whistling:

Oops, it's my bad, it is BP indeed rather than KP this time. I'm just used to typing KP because so far anything relating Meghan has largely came from them. But since Queen is the host royal for this event, BP is in charge and thus all communication goes through them instead. Anyways, I didn't read her comments and Twitter generalities and rumors because I've actually seen the tweets, and there is nothing rumor about it. Tweets from the royal correspondents actually says "BP says...". They simply don't do this without knowing it actually came from BP.

BP also gave them the information on HMQ's dress and hat designer and Meghan's dress designer today. They had the information ready to go before any of the fashion blogs. If it's not announced, they usually depend on the fashion blogs (I imagine being a reporter at the event prevents them from doing much online checking on various designer website at the same time). However, the challenges with the blogs is obviously that it can be hard for them to identify bespoken items.

Back
Top Bottom