Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She wore the earrings in the set that evening and of course that gorgeous aquamarine ring.

LaRae

Hopefully it will be a loan for life. Along with the swap able sapphire. She will need one more when Charles is king. It has been sitting there for years.

Hopefully it will be a loan for life. Along with the swap able sapphire. She will need one more when Charles is king. It has been sitting there for years.

I agree that it would be wonderful for her to have access to this tiara but there is no sapphire ! Perhaps you are thinking of the Empress Marie Feodorovna tiara.

I like these earrings. Simple but very pretty. I prefer silver or white gold to yellow and these complement Meghan's outfit very well.

Been trying to get confirmation on the bracelet since the event..so far no one knows for sure.

The guesses have been same company as the earrings.

LaRae

Last edited:
I agree that it would be wonderful for her to have access to this tiara but there is no sapphire ! Perhaps you are thinking of the Empress Marie Feodorovna tiara.

You are probably right. They are familiar in overall design though?

I have to admit that compared to the Diamond Bandeau it looks clumsy and heavy. However, I am aware that it could be as delicate as the diamond except that honking great sapphire makes it look like a Cyclops eye.

The Mail believes it's from Cartier , the essential lines bracelet. They think it is a wedding present from Prince Harry.

I have to admit that compared to the Diamond Bandeau it looks clumsy and heavy. However, I am aware that it could be as delicate as the diamond except that honking great sapphire makes it look like a Cyclops eye.

I will never believe these all old photos of unseen tiara again as I used to think the diamond bandeau is clumsy too.

I'm wondering if it will, as the base of the tiara was wrapped to match Meghan's hair. If it was just a loan for a day, would they have bothered? I hope it is too, as it would be a tiara that could be altered easily by putting in a different brooch, to suit the occasion.

:previous: It was worn at a wedding, with people all over the world watching and scrutinizing her look. So I think yes, they would have bothered to adapt the wrap to her hair colour, even for a one-time loan. The cost for the wrap must be tiny compared with the cost for the rest of her wedding attire. And after more than sixty years in the vault the tiara probably needed cleaning and a check at the jeweler anyway.

Still, I think there is a good chance that it will be a long-term loan, since this is what the Queen usually does. I really hope that she and Harry will attend State Banquets straight away.

There's only one state banquet this year right? In the fall?

LaRae

State Visits are sometimes held at short term notice, so you can't be sure. But more than one in autumn is really unlikely.

Yes...it's been tentatively ID's as another Cartier piece.....

LaRae

What can I say? Someone in the family decided that her sweet little bits and bobs were okay for Harry's whirlwind introduction trips, but come the serious stuff like Garden Parties or formal evening engagements she needed a little more bang!

Hold on a moment. A lot of the smaller pieces comes from Canada and even the US. I don't know about any of you but when I hit a financial milestone I used to reward myself with a little bling. Perhaps Meg did the same thing, finish a season or get a advertising deal, etc.

The most import thing we need to remember is that over half of the guesstimate is a tiara on loan that she has worn once. Catherine has never worn her wedding tiara again.

This is also from the source that brought us a pricetag of £30 million plus for the cost of the wedding!

I figure we will see Meghan in a tiara once or twice a year. This may be her 'go to' tiara ...we might know if they have/attend a state dinner this fall.

LaRae

Hold on a moment. A lot of the smaller pieces comes from Canada and even the US. I don't know about any of you but when I hit a financial milestone I used to reward myself with a little bling. Perhaps Meg did the same thing, finish a season or get a advertising deal, etc.

The most import thing we need to remember is that over half of the guesstimate is a tiara on loan that she has worn once. Catherine has never worn her wedding tiara again.

This is also from the source that brought us a pricetag of £30 million plus for the cost of the wedding!

I know. That article is more for fun than anything else. :lol: They added pieces from before her marriage to this just to make the number more jaw dropping.

Back
Top Bottom