The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Was this recently? I've been on her site a few times this evening looking but didn't see an update.

LaRae
I must have missed it too. I looked at both their twitter and blog post and saw no mention of what the earrings were. Maybe I missed it

Old 06-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

All that's been said so far is that they are emerald cut studs....I can't find anything else.

LaRae

Old 06-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

Saw a closeup still of her eternity band. Looks to be the same gold of her engagement ring. Very delicate. Still no ID on the earrings.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Probably to celebrate the birth of Archie.
I was told by a colleague in UK that it is ususal for wives to receive this type of eternity ring to celebrate the birth of the first child. A lot of young women are wearing the combination of wedding ring, engagement ring and eternity ring...
Old 06-12-2019, 01:30 AM
Royal Highness

It's being stated in a number of online articles that the eternity ring was gifted to Meghan by Harry for their anniversary:
https://www.etonline.com/unreleased-...ace-pic-126829

Info about the eternity ring is mentioned in the above article. The reference to the engagement photo is old news, as we've previously seen a framed copy of the same photograph in the background of shots of the Queen giving a speech or receiving visitors.

I am interested in the earrings. Meghan's Mirror does not have background details. They only describe the jewelry as emerald-cut diamond stud earrings. This is the closest view I have found of Meghan wearing the earrings during TTC:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aDWWohO6I...our%2B2019.jpg

The earrings and the eternity ring are perfect examples of the elegant, delicate, minimalist type of jewelry Meghan appears to love. The expensive look and shine of the earrings adds a touch of glamour to Meghan's understated, comfortable, yet decidedly unexciting look in navy. Yet, I also think her contented and beaming presence is more important than what she's wearing.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I am interested in the earrings. Meghan's Mirror does not have background details. They only describe the jewelry as emerald-cut diamond stud earrings. This is the closest view I have found of Meghan wearing the earrings during TTC:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aDWWohO6I...our%2B2019.jpg

The earrings and the eternity ring are perfect examples of the elegant, delicate, minimalist type of jewelry Meghan appears to love.
The earrings are lovely, but if they are diamonds, they will be pretty serious diamonds. Not minimalist in any way, shape or form, IMO!
Old 06-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
It's being stated in a number of online articles that the eternity ring was gifted to Meghan by Harry for their anniversary:
https://www.etonline.com/unreleased-...ace-pic-126829

Info about the eternity ring is mentioned in the above article. The reference to the engagement photo is old news, as we've previously seen a framed copy of the same photograph in the background of shots of the Queen giving a speech or receiving visitors.
Considering who ET is relying on for this information. It's probably NOT an anniversary present.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The earrings are lovely, but if they are diamonds, they will be pretty serious diamonds. Not minimalist in any way, shape or form, IMO!
Yes, definitely not minimalist in that size, if they are diamonds. What does seem to fit with what we know of Meghan's aesthetic is the fact that they look like emerald or possibly cushion cuts, which have a whole different, more subtle look than some blingy MRB's in the same size. Whatever they are, very pretty earrings.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

What's MRB?
Old 06-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What's MRB?
Sorry, modern round brilliant. It's the cut most people think of when they think of diamonds.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Sorry, modern round brilliant. It's the cut most people think of when they think of diamonds.
AH! Thanks! I usually just think of brilliant cut, which is why that acronym didn't register.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Yes, definitely not minimalist in that size, if they are diamonds. What does seem to fit with what we know of Meghan's aesthetic is the fact that they look like emerald or possibly cushion cuts, which have a whole different, more subtle look than some blingy MRB's in the same size. Whatever they are, very pretty earrings.
Jewelry can be major, stone wise, and still minimalist. That -ist on the end means itís not minimal as in small but minimalist in its setting (i.e. simple lines, few details, etc.).
Old 06-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope someday we find out the details on those earrings. Quite lovely whatever stone it is. I like them better than the diamond band ring.

LaRae
Old 06-12-2019, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

One of the blogs said they were her Birks bee chic white quartz and sterling silver earrings which are a few hundred dollars. She has worn them before
Old 06-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
One of the blogs said they were her Birks bee chic white quartz and sterling silver earrings which are a few hundred dollars. She has worn them before
Meghan indeed has birks bee chic earrings, but these aren't them.

This is a photo of the bee chic earrings, way different

Birks Bee Chic White Quartz Earrings - Meghan's Mirror
Old 06-12-2019, 11:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Correct they are not the same earrings as her Birks. These have not been ID'd by anyone who blogs on Meghan's fashion.

LaRae
Old 06-22-2019, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

DM has decided to raid Meghan's jewelllry box and guesstimate prices

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...18-months.html
Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent

So much exaggeration that I don’t even know where to start.

One interesting thing from the photo though. I never noticed the texture on the band on Meghan’s engagement ring until now.
Old Yesterday, 01:34 AM
Majesty

I think it is new as I just went looking for photos of the ring from earlier. Is it possible that it has been pave set with tiny diamonds?

https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...-R-nun-Pol.jpg

Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think it is new as I just went looking for photos of the ring from earlier. Is it possible that it has been pave set with tiny diamonds?

I think you are right, the engagement ring appears to have been reset with a new ridged band.