The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Their accuracy rate gets worse and worse . . . they referred to HM wearing "The Girls . . " whilst she was quite clearly wearing The Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara in its pearl configuration. (Morons).

I cannot for the life of me think that HM could or would ban any piece that belonged to Diana as her collection now belongs to William and Harry for the use of their wives.

I think they are confused by the Lovers Knot tiara which while worn by Diana, remained part of HM's private collection. She has decided it is for Catherine's use as a future Queen just as she decided the mighty Buch is for Camilla. When the time comes, we'll know what she decides is for Meghan's use.

As for her wanting to wear the Vladimir emeralds, I call BS. It is not Meghan s aesthetic and l, like so many others, could never imagine Meghan would want to wear it and then there's the daft reason about "provenance" that means she couldn't wear it. As if HM would have ever worn possibly 'hot' jewellery.

Once again I am reminded that while the DM has the best photos, its written content is is either woefully or willfully inaccurate.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Jewel gate just got walked back

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.van...ns-jewelry/amp

No matter what the tradition is for handing out the jewels from the royal vault this story made the queen look bad.

The Daily Beast expanded the story say the earrings Meghan wore for the state dinner in Fiji was from the Royal Collection

https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-me...ens-collection.

The pushback was fast on this.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:24 PM
Courtier

The articles are written in a way that comes at things sideways, which always is a sure sign of a sketchy story.

It's not that I don't believe a source told a reporter "oh, no, the Queen won't let Meghan wear that tiara and that necklace". I absolutely do.

I just think it was in response to the reporter asking "will Meghan be given the Lover's Knot Tiara and the Nizam of Hyderabad".

Then the reporter turned around and twisted it into "Queen bans Meghan from wearing Royal Jewels worn by Diana".

So it's absolutely possible for the first story to be based on an actual conversation, but still be deceptive enough that the second story looks like a walk-back.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Meghan Markle and the Queen's Jewels: What's Really Going On

For starters, palaces sources point out that Meghan has worn pieces from the Royal Collection (namely the tiara) and may well do so in the future.
https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...hJRR0XoWqjVPkY

Quote:
Meghan Markle Will Be Borrowing the Queen’s Jewelry After All

Despite a recent report, the duchess will continue to have access to the jewels in the Queen’s collection—even the ones that belonged to Princess Diana.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...ter&verso=true
Old 04-05-2019, 01:17 AM
Royal Highness

I am not surprised this piece was corrected in record time. It presented HM very badly. The tabloids needs for clicks has always been ridiculous but they not even trying anymore.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Jewel gate just got walked back

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.van...ns-jewelry/amp

No matter what the tradition is for handing out the jewels from the royal vault this story made the queen look bad.

The Daily Beast expanded the story say the earrings Meghan wore for the state dinner in Fiji was from the Royal Collection

https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-me...ens-collection.

The pushback was fast on this.

As far as I know nothing official has been confirmed about those earrings...sounds like the media is just guessing again.

LaRae
Old 04-05-2019, 10:01 PM
Majesty

No confirmation has been made about the earrings.

The article in VF seems confused by the jewelry. When the DM was saying she was banned from wearing the pieces worn by Diana, they meant jewels loaned to Diana by the queen. Like the lovers knot tiara for instance. VF seems to think that means all of Diana's jewels. Of course Diana's personal jewels were inherited by her sons and the queen has no say over who wears those pieces.

So far the only major piece of jewelry she has worn from the royal vaults is the wedding tiara. But she also has not attended any big banquets or such since the wedding either to display the bigger pieces.