Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a little snort giggle at one of the royal gossip sites berating Meghan for her passion for jewellery and castigating Harry for indulging her to the tune of over £600,000 beginning by referring to the two diamonds for her engagement ring that 'supposedly came from Diana's collection, (engagement and wedding rings, wedding tiara and the borrowed mystery diamond cascade included of course).

I had a darned good chortle and absently pondered the wedding gifts and gifts like her black pearls from NZ and pondered on how much they had doubled up on . . . like the diamond earrings she wore to the premier . . . I don't think they are that silly especially with a house to furnish from scratch and a baby on the way.

When it comes to jewelry, there's a heck of a big difference between an actual retail price tag, value of metals and gems and craftsmanship and the actual cost paid for an item.

For example. A bracelet I have, I bought it for 50% off retail price because I knew the jeweler and was a repeat customer of his. Nice aspect of this is that said bracelet is insured for its full retail price.

With this in mind, we may know what a piece of Meghan's jewelry price tag is and perhaps the provenance of metals and stones but we'll never know the actual purchase price. Like an old ad for Miss Clairol hair color, only her jeweler knows for sure (along with Meghan and Harry). :D

With this in mind, we may know what a piece of Meghan's jewelry price tag is and perhaps the provenance of metals and stones but we'll never know the actual purchase price. Like an old ad for Miss Clairol hair color, only her jeweler knows for sure (along with Meghan and Harry). :D

That’s true for clothing, too—and for all of these women. I think it’s pretty likely that often when royals are interested in clothing or jewelry from designers or jewelers who want to be associated with them, when it comes time to talk price the maker is only mentioning wholesale or “at cost” prices, not full retail, with the discount tallied in their books as an advertising expense. And honestly, it’s probably a much more effective form of marketing than anything the same amount of money could buy in traditional adverstising.

At their mother's death, her fortune was divided between her two sons. I hardly think either one of them is close to being a pauper. :D

Gorgeous. A gift from her father in law, perhaps? :D

Yes I like these earrings very much. Lovely. Maybe Harry bought them as a present?

The earings said to have been bought for £5 from a stall at Portobello Market some years back, by a friend ... and borrowed by Meghan, who has long admired them.

The only person saying it so far is Emily Andrews (that I've seen) and I don't trust much of what she says.

LaRae

The only person saying it so far is Emily Andrews (that I've seen) and I don't trust much of what she says.

LaRae

I hope its true, great that no-one had to spend a fortune for something to be liked and admired. A good lesson for everyone.

Could that ring with the blue stone be an additional push present from Harry? Would make sense with a blue stone for the birth of a boy/son

Last edited:
Could be! Maybe Meghan is just very fond of torquoise, which can look fabulous in the right setting. It's a pity she favours teensy jewellery pieces as a rule. I'd love to see her go all out with a fabulous necklace or big earrings!

Thanks, interesting shape. She is wearing this instead of her engagement ring?

Last edited:
I think she left the engagement ring and eternity band at home. She's only been seen, that I am aware of, in her wedding band and this turquoise ring.

LaRae

I think she left the engagement ring and eternity band at home. She's only been seen, that I am aware of, in her wedding band and this turquoise ring.

LaRae

She's definitely not the first to leave engagement and eternity rings at home whilst overseas. Each time CP Mary has visited Africa, she leaves her engagement ring at home. The same with Princess Charlene

Meghan's earrings at church with the queen today. V by Laura vann

Her necklace from the school visit. 'Kismet' by edge of ember.

I missed her necklace on her trip to the National theater. Her necklace was Sophie Li's love pendant.

Her jewelry like her clothes this trip has kept primarily to British designers. And as in the past, also reflects her passion for ethical design as well.

-Laura Vonn is an English designer. Her label is not only vintage inspired but she uses recycled metals in her jewelry for sustainability

-Edge of ember is London based. They focus on ethically based products. They employ craftsman in poorer countries to not only help the economy but increase pay and promote safe working environments in those communities

-Sophie Lis is a Notting Hill based designer. The 'love' pendant actually raises money for wildlife. 10% of all sales of the pendant Meghan is wearing goes to "Wild at heart foundation"

edit:

I also missed her earrings she wore for the Mountbatten music. They were by Simone Rocha. An Irish born designer with London base.

Last edited:
Thank you for all that information Countess. Very interesting about the British designers and ethically designed jewellery for good causes.

I especially love Meghan's earrings on recent occasions!

Thar is a very interesting collection of jewellery she has worn this week but I must admit my favourite is the beautiful pair of vintage inspired green gem earrings by V by Laura Vonn. I wonder what the gemstone is?

Thar is a very interesting collection of jewellery she has worn this week but I must admit my favourite is the beautiful pair of vintage inspired green gem earrings by V by Laura Vonn. I wonder what the gemstone is?

V by Laura Vann 'Daphne' Earrings - Meghan's Mirror

plated sterling silver bracelet, Emerald, black agate and cubic zirconia-embellished disc, gold-plated droplet Butterfly fastening for pierced ears

LaRae

The ring is not big enough to be the aquamarine IMO ...looks to be on her pinky as well.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom