The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I'd rather see Meghan in Princess Diana's emerald choker, and leave the sapphire set to Kate. JMO.
Emerald choker didn’t belong to Diana personally. And there is more than one sapphire set. I don’t think sapphires are entirely Kate’s just because she got the ring. And do we even know if Kate loves sapphire that much?

Old 10-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Royal Highness

Diana, Princess of Wales owned the Saudi Arabia suite, the Oman suite and the sapphire brooch necklace. It is unlikely that Kate will get all of the sapphires and Meghan gets none.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Courtier

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lian-tour.html

I hope this works - I am not always good with copy and paste. Since we don't really have a Harry Jewelry thread, I putting this in Meghan's. Has anyone else noticed the black ring Harry is wearing on his right hand? You could see it in some of the photos from Sydney yesterday. He is still wearing his wedding ring on his left.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:16 PM
Royal Highness

The Emerald choker was made by Queen Mary from her grandmothers 40 emeralds won in a raffle. Known as the Cambridge emeralds, from Augusta the Duchess of Cambridge.
The choker belongs to the Queen and was lent to Princess Diana. I am very sure of this. So it will be part of the Queens Royal collection, especially as it has a strong royal provenance.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

And it would be nice if Kate wears the Cambridge emerald choker as the Duchess of Cambridge. Meghan also likes green...so she can get the earrrings and bracelet that Diana wore with the choker.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
The Emerald choker was made by Queen Mary from her grandmothers 40 emeralds won in a raffle. Known as the Cambridge emeralds, from Augusta the Duchess of Cambridge.
Might want to check your sources, because this isnít true.
Quote:
The new description states that the emeralds were not the Cambridge emeralds, but a gift from the Ladies of India presented to Mary by the Maharanee of Patiala in December 1911.
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Art Deco Emerald Choker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
The choker belongs to the Queen and was lent to Princess Diana. I am very sure of this. So it will be part of the Queen's Royal collection, especially as it has a strong royal provenance.
It does indeed belong to the Queen and was only on loan to Diana.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:30 PM
Royal Highness

Ok...so I was wrong! Therefore, since Kate already has a magnificent emerald and diamond parure...maybe Meghan can wear the emeralds from Diana.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lian-tour.html

I hope this works - I am not always good with copy and paste. Since we don't really have a Harry Jewelry thread, I putting this in Meghan's. Has anyone else noticed the black ring Harry is wearing on his right hand? You could see it in some of the photos from Sydney yesterday. He is still wearing his wedding ring on his left.
This is total speculation but maybe it is one of those rings that works like a fit-bit.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the answers as to who owns the green emerald choker that Diana used to wear; i just hope someone wears it in the future as it so lovely. I'm happy for anyone in the family to wear it; i just hope Meghan does because I think she'd suit it. And I'm much too old to have to wait 76 years for someone to wear a piece that the royal family received in 1942 Ė I'm thinking of you, Greville Emerald tiara that waited that long to see the light of day...
Old 10-16-2018, 11:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Might want to check your sources, because this isnít true.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Art Deco Emerald Choker

It does indeed belong to the Queen and was only on loan to Diana.

Oh goodness me. This is what happens when you get older. My apologies to all. Yes I have this choker mixed up with the other one the queen wears.
This is what happens when I try to do 3 things at once.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I'd rather see Meghan in Princess Diana's emerald choker, and leave the sapphire set to Kate. JMO.
That's not likely as they belong to the Queen and are part of the Cambridge emerald parade.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:00 AM
Majesty

Meghan started the day with a dark drop necklace and seems to have collected a second chain with a gold disc. Anyone know the backstory?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jewelry: Natalie Marie http://meghansmirror.com/product/nat...tial-necklace/

http://meghansmirror.com/product/pas...auri-necklace/

I think she had them both on just not always both visible.

LaRae
Old 10-17-2018, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, the Aquamarine ring Meghan wore at her wedding reception is no slouch!! That's a pretty major piece IMO.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:20 AM
Royal Highness

Don't forget Diana had a second sapphire demi parure. A wedding gift from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

It is believed Meghan is wearing Birks Rosee du Matin Cushion Cut Sapphire and Double Halo Earrings.

https://twitter.com/Mielle01787296/s...66604703948800
Old 10-20-2018, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Well, the Aquamarine ring Meghan wore at her wedding reception is no slouch!! That's a pretty major piece IMO.
Meghan wears small and delicate pieces on everyday basis, but she's worn some not so small pieces and wowed when the occasion calls for it.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It is believed Meghan is wearing Birks Rosee du Matin Cushion Cut Sapphire and Double Halo Earrings.

https://twitter.com/Mielle01787296/s...66604703948800
That is a nice pair of earrings, and one that can be used quite a lot by Meghan. So all in all , I think they are a welcome addition to the jewellery box.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I was hoping they were a pair of Diana's, she seems to have had more than one. They look beautiful from their website, hope we see a closer look on her.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Her earrings are by Birk.

https://t.co/DBE54dB2Sw

LaRae