Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a fan of those earrings.

LaRae

Those are beautiful! They're very delicate, which seems to be her preferred style, but interesting and with a little more presence than some of her choices. I like this designer a lot.

While the earrings are delicate and seem to suit Meghan, I personally don't like multiple piercings even imaginary ones.

This is a gorgeous look for Meghan, the gown is perfect on her, and her hair.....well it looks so chic and elegant.......she got this look down perfect yet the shoes, .........what shoes, leather soles with straps are called shoes today........:lol::lol:.....give me real shoes, a sleek pump in navy would look just great!

Lovely touch wearing Diana's bracelet ... at a charity event for the charity that Harry set up in his mothers memory. It also goes really well with the dress as it is 'bling' enough without a something more sparky.

I can't wait to read the origins of the earrings. Her jewellery always comes from the most interesting of sources (like the lab-made diamonds most recently.)

Perhaps the sapphire and gold bangle and cabochon sapphires and gold earrings are the only blue in her collection.
I was sure I had seen Prss Diana wear these earrings before and I looked up my data bases and couldn't find any photo of her wearinpg them.
But I am nearly certain I've seen them before in a magazine at least. But not 100% on this. So will just have to keep looking.
As you know a cabochon is an unfaceted stone. The largest sapphire of this type is a brooch which belonged to the Queen Mum. A 260 carat sapphire surrounded by 2 rows of diamonds. A wedding gift from Tsar Alexander the II in 1866 to Princess Dagmar of Denmark. Dagmar became the Empress of Russia in 1881 and on her marriage took the Russian name of Maria Feodorovna. She escaped the revolution and retired in her native Denmark. Queen Mary acquired the piece and gave it to the future Queen Mum. It is now in the possession of QEII.
It is quite a substantial piece with a proven provenance.

I can't wait to read the origins of the earrings. Her jewellery always comes from the most interesting of sources (like the lab-made diamonds most recently.)

Dear Lyon, what lab made diamonds? I must have missed something about that. Please.

Wish they'd stayed in the lab! Buy i really likr her bracelet and earrings. Very elegant.

Perhaps the sapphire and gold bangle and cabochon sapphires and gold earrings are the only blue in her collection.
I was sure I had seen Prss Diana wear these earrings before and I looked up my data bases and couldn't find any photo of her wearinpg them.
But I am nearly certain I've seen them before in a magazine at least. But not 100% on this. So will just have to keep looking...

Right, I don't think Diana ever wore earrings that tiny. I doubt such small stones as Meghan is wearing in her ears were fashionable in Diana's era:

Diana's Blue Stone Earrings

Last edited:
The bracelet was Diana's..there's pics of her wearing it out there. The earrings are something new (to us anyway) Meghan wore. I posted the Court Jeweler link several days ago showing the details...and it's been posted again too...usually lots of info there.

LaRae

Yes, I'm aware that the bracelet is Diana's, as already noted in plenty of sources, and I believe Meghan wore the bracelet previously during the South Pacific tour ?

And right, the Court Jeweler link is also posted above by you (post #549) and ILoveCP (post #551).

Last edited:
Meghan's half a million sparklers! Diamond earrings worn by the duchess in Fiji are finally revealed as gems worth £500,000 - after she broke with royal tradition to borrow from a glitzy Chinese jeweller loved by A-listers

The Duchess of Sussex stunned onlookers with her appearance during a black tie reception hosted by the president of Fiji, Jioji Konrote, last October.

And the dazzling yellow diamond earrings Meghan Markle, 37, wore for the lavish occasion, along with a £1,095 dress by designer designer SAFiYAA, have now been revealed as being by celebrity designer Butani.

At the time Kensington Palace would only say the earrings were 'borrowed' and would not reveal anything more, but recently blogger @shoplikemeghan finally identified the brand.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/0...an_Markle_37_wore_for_h-m-5_1548757207699.jpg

So just to be clear - ZERO new info present, the Fail are just putting out Meghan stories with their own negative spin.

FACT: The earrings are from 2016

FACT: KP said that they are 'borrowed'.

Last edited by a moderator:

We have discussed these earrings at some length on this thread. Whilst no new facts appear to have surfaced, I so do hope these earrings were not borrowed from the jeweller, but instead, from a member of the BRF.

In the event that the earrings are indeed borrowed from a jeweller and even if she does not have access to any other jewellery from the BRF (which I am not sure about), she could well have used the earrings she wore for her wedding reception.

In the event that the earrings are indeed borrowed from a jeweller and even if she does not have access to any other jewellery from the BRF (which I am not sure about), she could well have used the earrings she wore for her wedding reception.

We know she has Diana's butterfly earrings, and there must be some others.

Is there a rule that royals can't borrow? Or is it just a tradition that not everyone follows?

Beatrice and Eugenie borrow from designers, and Sophie once wore a borrowed tiara, so perhaps the rule is not all that rigid.

How did this come up again? I thought it was long discussed and settled?

And just to review again. We don’t know who she borrowed it from as the company never made a peep about it, which is odd if she borrowed from the jeweler. And other members of BRF have borrowed from jewelers.

So Daily Fail is not only spreading inaccurate, but also outdated "news" now? Well I am not surprised, that's why I choose to ignore anything come from this so called ridiculous "press"...

Last edited:
Is there a rule that royals can't borrow? Or is it just a tradition that not everyone follows?

There is no rule, but it is not common practice in the BRF.

My view is that the senior royals have enough jewellery, and they do not and should not need to borrow jewellery.

Beatrice and Eugenie borrow from designers, and Sophie once wore a borrowed tiara, so perhaps the rule is not all that rigid.

I know it is a common assumptiuon, but I don't know if it has ever been confirmed by BP that Sophie's tiara was borrowed from a jeweller. It could well have been a previously unseen piece from HM's collection.

So Daily Fail is not only spreading inaccurate, but also outdated "news" now? Well I am not surprised, that's why I choose to ignore anything come from this so called ridiculous "press"...?

I don't see how it's inaccurate as frankly nothing has been denied by anyone. In the images posted which I have just gone back to look at, it's quite clear the earrings are very similar, if not identical. It would be hard to get the exact same setting of very similar jewels, that just happen to look like the ones Butani made in 2016.

My question would be why is Meghan being loaned jewellery a; at all and b; from a collection 2 years ago.

I think it has been discussed before, to me the most reasonable assumption would be it is a loan from Camilla (or Kate?) rather than directly from the jeweler.

BTW I don't think borrowing piece is a big deal as long as they borrow the right thing for the right occasion when it is needed.

BTW I don't think borrowing piece is a big deal as long as they borrow the right thing for the right occasion when it is needed.

I think it's frowned on because it makes the royal into a shill for a certain designer.
Even if the designer says nothing, sooner or later the item will be identified, as they are well-aware.

Besides, the Queen owns a vast collection of jewels (although who is allowed to use it is a different story!) :D

Back
Top Bottom