The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2017, 03:44 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cornwall appeared on the cover of the June issue of Australian Woman's Weekly wearing her newish chocker, with a sapphire or amethyst clasp:
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...77260212547584
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBN9mh2WsAAfmDo.jpg

It was worn before in 2016:
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...psra2o6d6q.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall attended Trooping the Colour on June 17 wearing her diamond clover brooches:
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Trooping+Colour+2017+vev00kpbjBTl.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qf4b2Ew5i...trooping04.png

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall’s Cosmos Clip Brooches and Earrings

The Duchess of Cornwall attended day 1 of Royal Ascot on June 20 wearing her Five Strand Pearl Choker with Pink Topaz Clasp:
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...JutSUmTuFl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...ReoeZHBR6l.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...7965240818.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pink Topaz Choker and Earrings

Old 07-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cornwall attended day 2 of Royal Ascot on June 21 wearing pearls:
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id699272292
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: State Opening of Parliament and Royal Ascot, Day 2
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Four Strand Pearl Chokers with Diamond Clasps
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Everyday Pearl Pendant Earrings

The Duchess of Cornwall visited Manchester on June 26 wearing pearls and a Worker Bee badge, the symbol of the City of Manchester:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...03mE1u9KMl.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...omO0PGhVMx.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall on day 1 in Canada on June 29 wearing the Lily of the Valley Brooch from the Queen Mother. The brooch, made by Faberge, was given to the Queen Mother by Nikita Khrushchev.
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id803389348

Royal Tour of Canada: Arrival in Nunavut | The Court Jeweller

Old 07-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Some serious earrings on this evening!
Old 07-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I want to like them...but I don't like them.

LaRae
Old 07-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

These earrings are insane. Cams brought some unseen bling for once.

edit : they seem more delicate than i thought.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9887765866.jpg
Old 07-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Majesty

You're right Nico, for all their size they are very delicate and the Mighty Bouch crushes it and the clasp on the pearls dusts of the bits.

Sad really, they look like very nice earrings but the mix of old and new diamonds is rarely, if ever, successful.

On another note, why on earth are we not seeing more tiara wear? The Delhi Durbar would have been magnificent on this occasion and I hear she has another, which we have never seen her wear. Her family one is lovely but cannot compete with the tiaras on display last night.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cornwall at the State Banquet during the State Visit from Spain on July 12 wearing her usual tiara and pearl choker with large NEW diamond earrings:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9887828508.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9890427480.jpg

These earrings by Van Cleef & Arpels:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEkIqocV0AU-Qx6.jpg
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Van Cleef & Arpels Snowflake Earrings
Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla is the Queen of Chockers :) I love it ! Especially as none of the other British Royal ladies seems to be very fond of chockers.

And the Greville Boucheron Tiara is really lovely and gives her perfect sparkle. But she has worn it to almost every high profile event. I know she has used her family tiara to some occassions recently too but i would love to see her wear a new Royal tiara soon. If she really has access to the Teck Crescent Tiara i would love to se her wear it. I would also love to see her in the Oriental Circlet Tiara. No one else seems to want to wear it and Cam would look lovely in it so i hope QEII will lend it to her :)
Old 07-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
Camilla has received pieces that belonged to QEQM, should those pieces go to her children of a previous marriage, or should they go to William or Harry. I think those pieces should stay with the royal family. Pieces bought for her could go either way, although, I think those should stay also. Pieces that she brought into the marriage, should go to her children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't believe those were given to Camilla to 'keep'...I believe she understands on her death they go back to the BRF...those pieces that were from the QM.

Her private jewelry bought for her by Charles are hers to dispose of as she wishes.

LaRae
The jewels from HM I should imagine are, like the Lovers knot Tiara, "gifts" but in the nature of a life time loan returned to the family vault upon her death.

That would include the Bucheron and Teck Crescent tiaras and the Dehli Durbar tiara which I suspect was a one-time loan anyway. Also the Greville two and three strand diamond necklaces and the single diamond collet necklace.

All the "gifts" from other countries go into the Royal Vault (state) and she gets to leave her formidable collection of pearl chokers and matching earrings, diamond, turquoise and amethyst demi-parures, her engagement ring, family tiara and any other private family gifts to whomever she wishes.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:53 AM
Courtier

The chocked thing could be a smart move on her part. QE2 was never interested in them, and I'm sure QM stock pile is still in the vault.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
The chocked thing could be a smart move on her part. QE2 was never interested in them, and I'm sure QM stock pile is still in the vault.
It was my understanding that all the chokers of the Duchess are her personal property and not from the royal collection.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Yes indeed, they are her personal property, either inherited of gifts from her Prince.
As such they will not be joining 'the Royal Collection'.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Just remember that there is a choice with her personal jewelry. She can leave it to family and friends, subject to tax. Or she can give it to the royal trust, which is an untaxed move. Or do some of each, as I think she will.
Doubtless many family and friends will receive bequests - but wisely so as to not tax the income of recipients. I've always thought Camilla to be practical in these kinds of things.
And I also think some of her own iconic pieces, if not anyone's choice, will go to the royal collection. At some point, Camilla will be as fondly represented in royal exhibits as other past royals. And her personal jewelry choices will be a part of that tale.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Majesty

The Top Ten: Camilla's Gala Jewels | The Court Jeweller

A truly exquisite and regal collection.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Just remember that there is a choice with her personal jewelry. She can leave it to family and friends, subject to tax. Or she can give it to the royal trust, which is an untaxed move. Or do some of each, as I think she will.

Doubtless many family and friends will receive bequests - but wisely so as to not tax the income of recipients. I've always thought Camilla to be practical in these kinds of things.

And I also think some of her own iconic pieces, if not anyone's choice, will go to the royal collection. At some point, Camilla will be as fondly represented in royal exhibits as other past royals. And her personal jewelry choices will be a part of that tale.

This is such an interesting topic for discussion- I've been contemplating the Greville Jewels that Camilla has been wearing - they actually have more of a connection her than the Queen Mother, as the original owner the Hon. Dame Margaret Greville was in fact godmother to Sonia Cubitt, Camilla's grandmother, who inherited Mrs Greville's cultured pearls !
Old 07-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

I don't believe Camilla had much jewelry when she married Charles.
He gave her most of what she has.
I remember reading that he had scouts in the major auction houses because he wanted to find some nice pieces for her.

(If that is the case, it seems like they should stay in the RF, rather than be bequeathed to other people). Although if they were a gift, that might change things.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I remember reading that he had scouts in the major auction houses because he wanted to find some nice pieces for her.

(If that is the case, it seems like they should stay in the RF, rather than be bequeathed to other people). Although if they were a gift, that might change things.

My opinion is that , when something is given to someone as a personal gift, then it belongs to the person who received it and he/she is free to sell it or leave it to whoever he/she wants. A case in point is Sarah's wedding tiara, which was given to her and, therefore, she didn't have to return it to the Queen after she divorced Andrew.

My personal position , on the other hand, which isn't always the case in the real world, is that royal jewelry, especially grand tiaras that were used by former queen consorts or reigning queens, should stay mostly in the main line of the family, either by being inherited by the next king or queen, or, as I prefer it, by being placed in a family trust/foundation as the Bernadottes and the Orange-Nassaus have done. None of Charles' gifts to Camilla fall into the latter category though IMHO.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It was my understanding that all the chokers of the Duchess are her personal property and not from the royal collection.

Oh yes, those are hers. Everyone compares a person to the one who wore the jewels before. As in Diana's ring on DoC. OM's chokers have not seen the light of day in 70 years. No one wears them. I think it would be great for Camilla to start wearing them as consort. She is also taller then QE, so the stomachers would probable look really good on a dress with something higher on the neck.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

The floral tiara, the turquoise demi-parure, the diamond snake necklace, aquamarine and diamond suite, the diamond demi-parure, the aquamarine and pearl choker, amethyst and pearl choker, small diamond and pearl choker, garnet and pearl choker, a single strand of pearls and her everyday pearl earrings, and of course, her engagement ring.

I am sure that is not her entire collection pre-wedding, I've missed the brooches and modern bits and bobs. Not an insignificant collection to bring to her marriage.