Duchess of Cornwall Jewels 8: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Camilla looks amazing and it's lovely to see her everyday drop earrings reappear along with her other jewellery. Speaking of which, does anyone have any information about her diamond-studded necklace, better still, closeups.

:previous: Camilla looks amazing and it's lovely to see her everyday drop earrings reappear along with her other jewellery. Speaking of which, does anyone have any information about her diamond-studded necklace, better still, closeups.

The sum-total of what I know or suppose is as follows:

> 3 outings to date, of which 2 have been in the last week

> I think they are small diamonds, set in pearl / bead shaped spheres to form a necklace

> There was a degree of muted sparkle from the diamonds when used in Greece for the dinner

> There are some gold spacers in the necklace

> Provenance unknown, but I think they are new.

Getty is not sharing the image of the jewelry. Thanks for trying.

Such really gorgeous emeralds, weren't they a gift from the Saudi's ?

Such really gorgeous emeralds, weren't they a gift from the Saudi's ?

That is right, the emeralds are meant to be one of the three suites Camilla received from the Saudi's.

I think it's very charming and thoughtful for the Duchess of Cornwall to wear her turquoise shamrock pin in Ulster. It looks very sweet.

They look like an individual hanging collet diamond but if so they are huge!

They look like an individual hanging collet diamond but if so they are huge!

That is correct. It is one large diamond suspended from a strip of gold (technical term ?)!

With the DoCs recent admission that her ears are not pierced...I wonder now if this means we won't see many of the Queens earrings on her when the time comes. The Crown Rubies, Coronation Diamonds, George VI Sapphires, etc...I don't think any of them are clip ons or screw backs.

With the DoCs recent admission that her ears are not pierced...I wonder now if this means we won't see many of the Queens earrings on her when the time comes. The Crown Rubies, Coronation Diamonds, George VI Sapphires, etc...I don't think any of them are clip ons or screw backs.

I am sure any earrings Camilla wants to wear can be reset to work for her ears. It will not be a major change.

Perhaps it was a 75th birthday present for her, from either Charles or the Queen.

That's quite possible or it was from the vast Windsor jewel Vault.
Either ways is a really beautiful brooch.

I don't recall seeing this brooch before so it could have been a 75th Birthday present.

I agree, I have never seen Camilla wear the brooch before so it could well be a birthday present. That said, the present could be from the BRF vaults.

I agree, I have never seen Camilla wear the brooch before so it could well be a birthday present. That said, the present could be from the BRF vaults.

Its a really beautiful brooch and isn't the Duchess clocking up a splendid collection!

Thank God some of the Royals still wear brooches.

Its a really beautiful brooch and isn't the Duchess clocking up a splendid collection!

She is indeed. But I do think she can wear brooches far more often than she does. As she steps up, I see no harm in seeing her with a brooch on most public engagements.

It is time to close this thread. The following thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom