The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 01-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,175
The Duchess of Cornwall had engagements in Wiltshire on January 30:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...GZPV3ruJWl.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...maIF_SCrlx.jpg
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 02-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,175
The Duchess of Cornwall had engagements on January 31 wearing a newish pearl choker:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...7416164143.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...7419355330.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...7416164449.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall at the Royal Academy of Dance in London on February 1:
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...MSfGC42U_x.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...FXmxj367Wl.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother’s Rock Crystal Brooch

The Duchess of Cornwall at the British Asian Trust's 10th anniversary celebration at Buckingham Palace on February 6, wearing her diamond snake necklace, her earrings with pear drop diamonds and a bracelet:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...io27Br9_ox.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pear Drop Diamond Demi-Parure
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 02-07-2018, 06:26 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 21,086
All of which are stunning,the Duchess of Cornwall's Pear Drop Diamond Demi-Parur really are splendid!
__________________
5th of October October 1285-Death of Philippe III
King of France.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 02-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,097
She's the Duchess of Choker! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Camilla really knows how to carry off her pearl chokers. This one looks like sapphires, or is it amethysts in the clasp?
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 02-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
This one looks like sapphires, or is it amethysts in the clasp?
Last time she wore it the stones looked purple, so I assume amethyst.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 02-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,175
The Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception for Women in Journalism in London on February 7, wearing a rarely seen brooch:
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...-qpb8diHOx.jpg

No provenance, but last seen in 2009:
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...r5SD_Euwnx.jpg

I hope this means we might see some long forgotten treasures from Camilla’s jewellery box.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 02-11-2018, 06:47 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 7,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall had engagements on January 31 wearing a newish pearl choker:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...7416164449.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...7416164143.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RHbG9jHqKp...00/_am3row.jpg

At first, I thought it was her amethyst choker (shown above) but then looking more closely, it seems to be a large central diamond or cluster surrounded by amethysts or perhaps sapphires. Hmm . . . a mystery! And Camilla's jewellery mysteries are aways such fun.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RHbG9jHqKp...00/_am3row.jpg

At first, I thought it was her amethyst choker (shown above) but then looking more closely, it seems to be a large central diamond or cluster surrounded by amethysts or perhaps sapphires. Hmm . . . a mystery! And Camilla's jewellery mysteries are always such fun.
It seems to be this one:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0f/30/1a/0...ce-charles.jpg
https://www.gettyimages.com/event/fo...re-id615445122

She’s only worn it a couple of times before.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 02-11-2018, 09:13 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 7,961
Does anyone have any idea of its provenance as it seems to only have been seen a couple of times, but comparatively recently. Articles on Camilla's jewellery don't seem to cover it and googling her pearls gives us everything but that one.

So . . . any idea's, theories, better still actual facts, would be greatly appreciated. It seems quite lovely. And yes, as quoted above, she really is "The Duchess of Choker"!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 02-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Beautiful picture! Love that red shawl. She looks glowing here.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:29 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 387
Camilla wears her jewellery very well; she's a natural in showing the best of the piece.
Even huge items don't swamp her. The stones shine as does she.
I enjoy Camilla's varied collection.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 02-12-2018, 02:17 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Does anyone have any idea of its provenance as it seems to only have been seen a couple of times, but comparatively recently. Articles on Camilla's jewellery don't seem to cover it and googling her pearls gives us everything but that one.

So . . . any idea's, theories, better still actual facts, would be greatly appreciated. It seems quite lovely. And yes, as quoted above, she really is "The Duchess of Choker"!
I don't think much is known about the provenance. My sense is it was probably a recent acquisition, possibly for her birthday last year. If I am not mistaken, it has only been in use since last autumn or thereabouts. Perhaps it was acquired as a brooch and since converted into a choker.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 02-12-2018, 02:27 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 7,961
In one of the older posts on another forum and the DM, the noted that a large number of her chokers have been inherited. Lucky, lucky lady. Perhaps she is the only one that really enjoys wearing them. I laughed when I was reading all the ins and outs of how Camilla came to possess the glorious aquamarine clasp choker with "those in the know" insisting it was a gift from Charles? Turned out it was a bequest from the Shand side of the family and had been in her possession for quite some time.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 02-12-2018, 03:46 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
In one of the older posts on another forum and the DM, the noted that a large number of her chokers have been inherited. Lucky, lucky lady. Perhaps she is the only one that really enjoys wearing them. I laughed when I was reading all the ins and outs of how Camilla came to possess the glorious aquamarine clasp choker with "those in the know" insisting it was a gift from Charles? Turned out it was a bequest from the Shand side of the family and had been in her possession for quite some time.
I think the aqua and the other amethyst clasp chokers have been with her for a long time (certainly from early in her marriage to APB), and are quite possibly inheritances with Shand / Cubitt origins. So I don't believe they have anything to do with Charles. The rest have all been slowly acquired since marrying Charles.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 02-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,175
These posts have inspired me to check all Camilla’s chokers and try to collect them in one place. By my count she has worn 10 different pearl chokers and several other pearl necklaces. I really wish she would bring back some of her rarely worn ones and not keep using the same two diamond ones all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 02-12-2018, 05:46 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 7,961
Camilla's awesome Pink Topaz and Diamond pearl choker evidently started as a large brooch which Charles had converted into long five-strand pearl necklace which was later shortened to a choker.

Original circa 1830's:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OQlgaips7.../s320/_pt2.jpg

First Version: Meh Necklace

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...I30dGd7hvRtlmw

Second Version: Glorious, marvellous, magnificent, fantastic Choker. And let's not forget the matching earrings.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...ugNqtYuLZHZAfg

So at a casual glance I would imagine there are at least enough pearls left over for single strand pearl necklace so keep your eyes peeled because those particular pearls are lucious!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 02-18-2018, 01:03 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 10,375
A Regal New Brooch for Camilla | The Court Jeweller

A very beautiful brooch.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 02-18-2018, 03:00 AM
andrew's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arad, Romania
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Camilla's awesome Pink Topaz and Diamond pearl choker evidently started as a large brooch which Charles had converted into long five-strand pearl necklace which was later shortened to a choker.

Original circa 1830's:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OQlgaips7.../s320/_pt2.jpg

First Version: Meh Necklace

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...I30dGd7hvRtlmw

Second Version: Glorious, marvellous, magnificent, fantastic Choker. And let's not forget the matching earrings.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...ugNqtYuLZHZAfg

So at a casual glance I would imagine there are at least enough pearls left over for single strand pearl necklace so keep your eyes peeled because those particular pearls are lucious!
Could it be that the duchess is using some of the queen mother's pearls to create her chokers?
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 03-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,175
The Duchess of Cornwall attended a dinner in honour of the diamond jubilee of the Aga Khan's leadership as Imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslim Community on March 8 in diamonds:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id929366176

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pear Drop Diamond Demi-Parure
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 03-08-2018, 06:39 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 7,961
Don't they look splendid with her blue velvet gown.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels 308 Today 01:00 AM
Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 - Tilia C. Royal Jewels 1093 10-13-2018 02:47 AM
Duchess of Cornwall: Other BRF jewels we would like to see Camilla use muriel Royal Jewels General Discussion 6 02-18-2017 03:23 AM
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 519 01-05-2017 12:46 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016 iceflower Archives 680 04-24-2016 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
biography british royal family britishroyals camilla canada caracciolo ceremony clothes commonwealth games crown princess victoria current events current events thread denmark documentary duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh duke of york england family fashion felipe vi forum genetics gloucester gordon helena history hohenzollern jack brooksbank juan carlos kate middleton king willem-alexander ladies-in-waiting lineage meghan markle member monarchy patron porphyria prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales princenapoleon prince of belgium princess princess alexia princess beatrice princess eugenie public image queen elisabeth queen maxima quizz remarriage royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding sarah duchess of york smith state visit sweden swedish royal registry tradition visit from sweden wedding windsor windsor castle ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises