The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 11-21-2017, 07:00 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,514
I wonder what will happen when the duchess passes on, will all these fabulous diamonds go back to the BRF or is it her personal property?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 11-21-2017, 07:21 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I wonder what will happen when the duchess passes on, will all these fabulous diamonds go back to the BRF or is it her personal property?
The ones that have a royal provenance will remain with the BRF, some smaller private jewellery that she / Charles has bought (like the chokers wtc) or that she brought with her to her marriage will go to her children.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 12-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,946
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Bruce Oldfield Fashion Show in support of the National Osteoporosis Society on November 15:
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...SCaaHGA3Bl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...3m0vCSTjul.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Medical Detection Dogs, attended the Charity Day at ICAP on December 5:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...Lowagbtm_l.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...R2DIRii8Bl.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Diplomatic Corps Reception on December 5:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...2506960106.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 12-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Bruce Oldfield Fashion Show in support of the National Osteoporosis Society on November 15:
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...SCaaHGA3Bl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...3m0vCSTjul.jpg
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Van Cleef & Arpels Snowflake Earrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Medical Detection Dogs, attended the Charity Day at ICAP on December 5:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...Lowagbtm_l.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...R2DIRii8Bl.jpg
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Diamond Moth Brooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Diplomatic Corps Reception on December 5:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...2506960106.jpg
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Greville Tiara
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pear Drop Diamond Demi-Parure
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Four Strand Pearl Chokers with Diamond Clasps
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 12-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,946
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the London International Horse Show at London Olympia on December 14 wearing Queen Victoria's Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...3285782605.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...2dZEk5kzxl.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Queen Victoria's Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 12-15-2017, 08:48 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,613
This is such a great brooch on Camilla. Makes my day.
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 12-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,576
A lovely choice of brooch.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 12-21-2017, 12:59 AM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,946
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Queen’s Christmas lunch on December 20 wearing the Queen Mum’s Rock Crystal Brooch:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...3785606606.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother’s Rock Crystal Brooch
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 12-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,946
The Duchess of Cornwall, President of the National Osteoporosis Society, hosted a tea dance at Buckingham Palace on November 22:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRv5kpCWAAA7zBg?format=jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRv5CVEWsAAuK1A?format=jpg
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 12-23-2017, 06:02 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 7,754
Oh that choker is the bee's knees, the cherry on top, you name it. The pearls are a gorgeous size and colour and the diamond and sapphire clasp is to die for. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin )
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 12-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh that choker is the bee's knees, the cherry on top, you name it. The pearls are a gorgeous size and colour and the diamond and sapphire clasp is to die for. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin )
I agree Marge. I saw a similar choker, which was made by Faberge, at a museum. Even in person it didn't compare to the pictures I have seen of this gorgeous piece.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 12-23-2017, 07:40 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin )
I greatly ADORE a lot of her jewelry. I really love the choker with the clasp that looks like a pink diamond (it may be a pink diamond).
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 12-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I really love the choker with the clasp that looks like a pink diamond (it may be a pink diamond).
That one is pink topaz, more here:
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pink Topaz Choker and Earrings
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 12-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,629
I do love her style with the jewels. She can wear the "big momma" jewels and they always look fabulous on her. Her collection, personal and state received gifts, is to die for.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,916
Choker is one of my favorite pieces of hers. And that is saying something

When it comes to jewel watching, in the BRF, Camilla is definitely the most exciting to watch. She can wear big gun jewelry like no one else. And her collection, in all shapes and sizes, is impressive to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 12-24-2017, 12:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Choker is one of my favorite pieces of hers. And that is saying something

When it comes to jewel watching, in the BRF, Camilla is definitely the most exciting to watch. She can wear big gun jewelry like no one else. And her collection, in all shapes and sizes, is impressive to say the least.
New here...and have been lurking mainly for Camilla's jewelry.

I thought it was just weird me, but I am glad to see my perceptions confirmed - that this lady wears jewelry like nothing else!

There's something amazing about her because she manages to wrap dozens of imperfections into one impressive, perfect overall look.
Artistocratic job well done! :-)

She is absolutely impeccable in her "anti-Hollywood" persona.
It is easy (and possibly boring) to look great when you are "by the book" - pretty face, slim figure courtesy to consistent gym torture , young-looking, safe everything.

Camilla never really had the classical pretty face nor "perfect" anything; but when she shows up in those jewels she is so beautiful in a dignified, "blue blood" kind of way.
Princess Michael of Kent can do the same thing.

I loved Princess Diana and I love Camilla as well.
Two very different and beautiful women wearing jewelry fantastically - each one in her own way.

Save
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 12-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,946
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Christmas church service on December 25 wearing the Queen Mum’s Rock Crystal Brooch:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4206259543.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother’s Rock Crystal Brooch
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 12-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracuse View Post
New here...and have been lurking mainly for Camilla's jewelry.

I thought it was just weird me, but I am glad to see my perceptions confirmed - that this lady wears jewelry like nothing else!

There's something amazing about her because she manages to wrap dozens of imperfections into one impressive, perfect overall look.
Artistocratic job well done! :-)

She is absolutely impeccable in her "anti-Hollywood" persona.
It is easy (and possibly boring) to look great when you are "by the book" - pretty face, slim figure courtesy to consistent gym torture , young-looking, safe everything.

Camilla never really had the classical pretty face nor "perfect" anything; but when she shows up in those jewels she is so beautiful in a dignified, "blue blood" kind of way.
Princess Michael of Kent can do the same thing.

I loved Princess Diana and I love Camilla as well.
Two very different and beautiful women wearing jewelry fantastically - each one in her own way.

Save
I agree. Like the late Princess Marina, like the Duchess of Kent, like Marie-Christine of Kent, also Camilla can look so regal. Last year, when she advanced the stairs of the House of Lords in her white robe de manteau, she looked every inch a Queen. Likewise when she was in formal day wear (in light blue, long robe, with headpiece, Orders et al, during the Investiture in Amsterdam, Camilla was so regal. The Duchess of Kent and Princess Michael can have "it" too. It is the poise, the expression.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 12-25-2017, 04:05 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 576
There is no one in my opinion who can wear big jewels like Camilla, except the Queen. She wears them instead of them wearing her.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 12-29-2017, 12:12 AM
JennahPc's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
There is no one in my opinion who can wear big jewels like Camilla, except the Queen. She wears them instead of them wearing her.


I couldn't agree more. She is not my favourite person however when I see her wearing the Queen Mother's jewels and her own Saudi Emerald parure, her two elaborate ruby and diamond necklaces, she owns it. There is something about her being unapologetic about wearing these jewels, dressing up and owning the pomp and circumstance of being a royal.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels 292 Today 04:12 AM
Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 - Tilia C. Royal Jewels 1085 07-17-2018 07:05 AM
Duchess of Cornwall: Other BRF jewels we would like to see Camilla use muriel Royal Jewels General Discussion 6 02-18-2017 03:23 AM
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 519 01-05-2017 12:46 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016 iceflower Archives 680 04-24-2016 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
aif camilla caracciolo chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events duchess of brabant duchess of calabria extramarital affairs family fashion general news grandchild hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín juan carlos king felipe king felipe and queen letizia current events king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meghan markle news nobel 2017 norwegian royal family porphyria prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince emmanuel prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess alexandra of luxembourg princess claire of luxembourg princess eleonore princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess victoria public opinion queen letizia queen mary of teck queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding soldier state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria waldeck wedding windsor castle working visit



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises