Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall could not have chosen a better brooch to go with her outfit. It matches superbly. The Duchess looked very elegant by the way, she looks in nothing on the lady depicted on the painting....

:flowers:

She has an incredible collection

Apart from Queen Elizabeth who is unbeatable in the jewelry department, it are Camilla and Máxima who seems to appreciate the beauty of jewels most. These ladies seem to understand that jewels, but also wearing hats, gloves and other accessories, are instrumental to the execution of their royal role. I love their zest to keep up the old standard.

And I love that Charles just adores lavishing beautiful bijoux upon his wife as well.

IF ONLY the Duke of Cambridge would pick up the habit !

And I love that Charles just adores lavishing beautiful bijoux upon his wife as well.
You, me and a whole lot of other jewelery addicts!

Apart from Queen Elizabeth who is unbeatable in the jewelry department, it are Camilla and Máxima who seems to appreciate the beauty of jewels most. These ladies seem to understand that jewels, but also wearing hats, gloves and other accessories, are instrumental to the execution of their royal role. I love their zest to keep up the old standard.

Couldn't have said it better if I tried!

Last edited:
Is there a special story behind this piece of jewellery? The brooch is interesting and seems to fit the occasion.

Last edited:
Looks like costume jewelry or such. Not very interesting.

That is a most beautiful ballerina brooch. I certainly like that more than her bugs. Just gorgeous.

That's the first I've seen this bracelet; it could be either lapis or cabochon sapphires. Very lovely and looks to be a hefty piece.

State Opening of Parliament, June 2014

v The Duchess of Cornwall wearing Mrs Greville's Boucheron* diamond tiara and RFO
Thumbnail image forma a cropped portion of a much larger photograph.
*slight restructuring and extra stones added by Cartier 1953

Attachments

• DOC State Opening.jpg
    DOC State Opening.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall wore these 2 brooches in France on 5th June
Source Clarence House Instagram

Instagram

A close-up of The Duchess of Cornwall's brooches today, the top one represents 4 Rifles, of which The Duchess is Royal Colonel, in honour of "Ox and Bucks" Light infantry, and the lower brooch represents The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada of which The Duchess is Colonel-in-Chief #DDay70

It is her favorite tiara to wear.

Is there a special story behind this piece of jewellery? The brooch is interesting and seems to fit the occasion.

Definitely not costume jewelry. Van Cleef and Arpels, the original line was made 1967 but this was likely made for the 2007 40th anniversary line. Those are diamonds, saphires and rubies

Artemisia's Royal Jewels: Focus on... Camilla's Jewels: Van Cleef & Arpels Ballerina Brooch

The diamond alone on the face, and all the other jewels, would expect a hefty price tag.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore these 2 brooches in France on 5th June Source Clarence House Instagram
Instagram
A close-up of The Duchess of Cornwall's brooches today, the top one represents 4 Rifles, of which The Duchess is Royal Colonel, in honour of "Ox and Bucks" Light infantry, and the lower brooch represents The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada of which The Duchess is Colonel-in-Chief #DDay70

Thank for the info.

Do you have other pics as Instagram is only a blank page?

Also I counted 3 pins plus the 70th anniversary medal.

At Pegasus Bridge:
1. Unknown maybe the 4 Rifles.
2. Crown on top of wreath with a bird inside the wreath.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+70th+Anniversary+Day+whv1Zz5AXhql.jpg

At the Luncheon:
1. The unknown
2. airplane with chain
3. 70th anniversary
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+70th+Anniversary+Day+GX26OjAlYPMl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+70th+Anniversary+Day+mWrKRQgI7BJl.jpg

At Juno Beach
1. Unknown
2. Queen's Own Rifles of Canada

Last edited:
At the luncheon, one of the gentleman looks impressed by Camilla's bling!

Do you have other pics as Instagram is only a blank page?
I tried the link and it worked for me. The source is Clarence House instragram. Perhaps you should try it directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the link and it worked for me. The source is Clarence House instragram. Perhaps you should try it directly.

Thanks for the great closeups! I hope one or some of the family are eventually interviewed and asked about this day. It look to be very special for both the combatants and the members of the BRF. Oh to be a fly on the wall! :flowers:

Anyone familiar with the brooch from today(6June)?
I believe these are the brooches she wore for the D-Day events.

June 5th
Pegasus Bridge
1. The 4 Rifles brooch
2. Army Air Corp Insignia

Luncheon
1. 4 Rifles
2. Parachute regiment insignia
3. 70th anniversary

Juno Beach
1 4 Rifles
2. Pellatt brooch of The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada

June 6
9th/12th Royal Lancers regiment brooch (her father's)

Thanks for the closeup

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom