The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1141  
Old 11-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Angelkiss's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: City, Canada
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Marg, I believe you misread my post or I was not clear.

The outer row of diamonds should be removed.
They are clearly not original.

The string of pearls should be extended in order to make up for the collet row of diamonds.

The rose diamonds in the earrings match the rose diamonds in the brooch. The extra row of diamonds in the brooch does not match.

If the outer row of 26 diamonds can be removed with their current setting intact, that will make a nice new diamond brooch for Camilla.

Found another website with info from the sale. The text is a bit light.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Duchess of Cornwall. Necklace, pendant and earrings
I see what you mean I believe. I suppose the previous owner before Camilla added the diamonds. I think it is beautiful either way.
__________________

  #1142  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,464
I see what you are getting at Queen Camilla, but I think the diamonds are original.

The reason is the diamond surrounds of the central stones of both the earrings and the brooch appear to be the same size. The diamonds at the base of the earrings are larger yet balanced for the size of the central stones of the earrings.

Had the topaz of the brooch only been surrounded by the filigree outside the initial diamond surround without the larger frame of diamonds, it would look would look decidedly odd surrounding what really is a humongous central stone.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1143  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:44 AM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The reason is the diamond surrounds of the central stones of both the earrings and the brooch appear to be the same size. The diamonds at the base of the earrings are larger yet balanced for the size of the central stones of the earrings.

Had the topaz of the brooch only been surrounded by the filigree outside the initial diamond surround without the larger frame of diamonds, it would look would look decidedly odd surrounding what really is a humongous central stone.
The set appears to have had several additions over the years.

Although the base of the earring look like a later addition and are not an exact match to the filigree of the brooch, the colors match.

The extra ring of diamond are white and do not match.

IMO, the set started out as a topaz with just one row of diamonds in both the brooch & earrings.

Then they added the base to the earrings and did the filigree on the brooch.

The wire around the filigree and the white diamonds were probably added much later. They look new and stand out.

I 'removed' the extra row of diamonds from the brooch and I think it looks much better. (Not a good photoshop job so cannot post picture.)
  #1144  
Old 11-30-2015, 06:21 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,734
I think the brooch / choker look lovely as they are. I am not sure the diamonds were added later, and even if they were, they look great and add "meat" to the bone.
  #1145  
Old 11-30-2015, 07:08 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,654
I agree and wouldn't change the jewel. It's just perfect as it is and the design seem quite balanced to me.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #1146  
Old 11-30-2015, 03:13 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think the brooch / choker look lovely as they are. I am not sure the diamonds were added later, and even if they were, they look great and add "meat" to the bone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree and wouldn't change the jewel. It's just perfect as it is and the design seem quite balanced to me.
In the final analysis, I believe you are both right. The clasp has gravitas in its own right as the most beautiful centerpiece of Camilla's premier pearl choker.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1147  
Old 11-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,347
Sweden royal family has very similar brooch, so, maybe, one day we will see one more pearl choker with very beautiful centerpiece :)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/544358518...me9o1_1280.png
  #1148  
Old 11-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Skokie, United States
Posts: 15
I've never seen those pink topaz earrings before; they're really lovely. And it was a wonderful color combination with that silvery gray gown. Well done, Camilla!
  #1149  
Old 11-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Martinsburg, United States
Posts: 196
I would take the pink topaz with diamonds any day of the week over sapphires or emeralds. Everything for me depends on the color of the stone, I love the warmth of rubies as they can really show well as does the pink topaz. Ladies you all can have those blue/green gem stones as I will take the reds, purples, pinks and creamy pearls.
  #1150  
Old 11-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
That is a nice harmonious set the Swedes own.

I would however remove the teardrops and make another set.

The first set would then be a necklace with two oval/round brooches.

The second set would be the brooch which would consist of the three teardrops, the leaves and the triangle diamond. The two smaller teardrop on the necklace would become earrings and the middle would become a pendant.

The teardrops on the necklace appears to be detachable as do the center of the brooch.
  #1151  
Old 11-30-2015, 06:31 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The set appears to have had several additions over the years.

Although the base of the earring look like a later addition and are not an exact match to the filigree of the brooch, the colors match.

The extra ring of diamond are white and do not match.

IMO, the set started out as a topaz with just one row of diamonds in both the brooch & earrings.

Then they added the base to the earrings and did the filigree on the brooch.

The wire around the filigree and the white diamonds were probably added much later. They look new and stand out.

I 'removed' the extra row of diamonds from the brooch and I think it looks much better. (Not a good photoshop job so cannot post picture.)
Well, most of us like it, altered or not. Nothing about the set offends my eye, nor a number of others here.
Maybe you can talk the DOC into having a forensic jeweler take a look at the back/settings and assay the metals to prove your theory?
  #1152  
Old 11-30-2015, 06:36 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBirds View Post
I would take the pink topaz with diamonds any day of the week over sapphires or emeralds. Everything for me depends on the color of the stone, I love the warmth of rubies as they can really show well as does the pink topaz. Ladies you all can have those blue/green gem stones as I will take the reds, purples, pinks and creamy pearls.
Thanks. I'll happily take all the greens. I wouldn't mind a nice diamond or two to set them off. Someone else can have the blues.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #1153  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Sweden royal family has very similar brooch, so, maybe, one day we will see one more pearl choker with very beautiful centerpiece :)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/544358518...me9o1_1280.png
Wow! Gorgeous! Has anyone ever worn them altogether? Or individual pieces?
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1154  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,635
Camilla looked great in her tiara, choker and earrings. I just wish she would explore other tiara's though.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1155  
Old 12-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Martinsburg, United States
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Wow! Gorgeous! Has anyone ever worn them altogether? Or individual pieces?
I did a google search for I remembered that when Crown Princess Victoria got married she wore the set with a light lavender gown, she looked gorgeous. I hope I can post the picture here, not sure of how this works yet. On the back of her gown the brooch holds the blue ribbon in place. That picture got lost somewhere in the internet land.

  #1156  
Old 12-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,613
Thank you, SnowBirds. Nice to see.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1157  
Old 12-14-2015, 02:55 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,863
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pink Topaz Choker and Earrings

An absolutely exquisite set. The color is divine.
  #1158  
Old 12-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,635
It's a very nice set indeed.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1159  
Old 12-15-2015, 01:47 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,213
My favorite of Camilla's.
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
  #1160  
Old 12-23-2015, 02:09 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,863
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: 2015: The Duchess of Cornwall's Year in Tiaras

Those rubies are breathtaking!
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015 Warren Royal Jewels 1412 01-01-2016 09:18 AM
Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011 Warren Royal Jewels 722 12-20-2011 09:03 AM
Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011 jcbcode99 Royal Jewels 689 08-31-2011 12:23 PM




Popular Tags
albania aristocracy ascot 2016 best gown september 2016 best outfit best summer outfit 2016 birthday catherine catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion cymry denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge far-right fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy multiple births murdoch natural disasters new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince liam princess charlene daytime fashion princess mary princess mary eveningwear princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit's dresses princess sofia psychopath queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde in jordan queen mathilde style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen rania queen rania fashion queen rania in australia queen silvia replica september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara wedding dresses


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises