The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just don't think Camilla have the right neck for a necklace like that. Or at least, she could wear one or two strands of the necklace. The full necklace appears to pull her down.
Something I have noticed before and never commented on: When you say "the full necklace appears to pull her down", I think this may have something to do with her collarbones. I don't recall ever seeing anyone with that shape before and I think gives the appearance of rounding her shoulders and affecting the look of her neck. Does anyone know if she has ever suffered and injury of any kind?

Old 08-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Yeah, i really love them. Very modern without looking silly :) I would like to see her wear the one by one though since it's alot of brooch to have both. Especially don't like them when they are on a lapel each.
Personally I agree with you, I don't like them worn that way either but that is my opinion. It is alleged HM is not one for acquiring jewellery unlike her Grandmother and jewellery in the form of insects and animals were a favourite of The Duchess of Windsor were they not?

Old 08-21-2015, 01:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Is so beautiful.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:50 AM
Majesty

It's really surprising how well people can photoshop these days. I was entranced by this one because among the added jewelry (Queen Victoria's Fringe/Waterfall Brooch) it shows the Honeycomb Bucheron in its original, and to me more elegantly balanced, incarnation.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...43844cc0a4.jpg

As opposed to it's newer incarnation which I find a little too large and almost vulgar and unwieldy by comparison:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...s8-BvKo7E3usk7

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Kfe6EPtRDP...araCamilla.jpg
Old 08-21-2015, 02:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It's really surprising how well people can photoshop these days. I was entranced by this one because among the added jewelry (Queen Victoria's Fringe/Waterfall Brooch) it shows the Honeycomb Bucheron in its original, and to me more elegantly balanced, incarnation.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...43844cc0a4.jpg

As opposed to it's newer incarnation which I find a little too large and almost vulgar and unwieldy by comparison:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...s8-BvKo7E3usk7

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Kfe6EPtRDP...araCamilla.jpg
This photoshop has indeed been around for some time, and I think is very well done.

Re the Greville Bouch, I have to disagree with you, I think the altered version adds a little visual interest
Old 09-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Majesty

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Three Strand Pearl Choker with Aquamarine Clasp

An absolutely exquisite necklace. One of my favorites from Camilla.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Camilla's aquamarine choker is amazing. The quite large and slightly irregular pearls are gorgeous and unlike many, I love the gold and diamond setting that frames the central stone. Without the definition the open twisted gold and diamonds provide, it would be in danger of looking like a somewhat amorphous, honking great blue/green blob.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3aUY3DIbIC.../s320/_aq1.jpg
Old 09-25-2015, 01:28 AM
Majesty

Although it is something beautiful I do not like it. But when I see the Camilla I can not take my eyes from it.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

That 'honking great blue/green blob' has such an amazing colour! Imo the yellow golden setting frames the colour of the stone perfectly, giving it more intensity than a setting loaded with white diamonds could to.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
This along with the pink choker necklace- which I like a little more- always makes me drool! It is just so stunning! I have said it before- will say it again. I want to play dress up in Camilla's jewel box!
Old 09-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall indeed has a fabulous collection and this choker (see picture) is my absolute favourite indeed.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if the Prince of Wales will be 'in the market' for these ?

Jewellery of the King's mistress to be auctioned in Newark | Newark Advertiser
Old 10-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post

It would be nice for Charles to buy the jewelry for his wife so that they can be passed down through Camilla's children. Its a part of their family history.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Seen from our "modern" eyes, its not the most attractive demi-parure!
Old 10-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
its not the most attractive demi-parure!
Indeed NOT, but if Camilla has a taste for garnets. and sentimentality over these particular stones, it can be reset. In the same way a Diamond Tiara belonging to Mrs Keppel was reset into a fantastic necklace, for her, by Charles once before...
Old 10-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think that demi-parure would suit Camilla really well - especially if she worn it with one of her long, velvet evening gowns!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Quote:
I wonder if the Prince of Wales will be 'in the market' for these? Jewellery of the King's mistress to be auctioned in Newark | Newark Advertiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Seen from our "modern" eyes, it's not the most attractive demi-parure!
Quote:
Indeed NOT, but if Camilla has a taste for garnets. and sentimentality over these particular stones, it can be reset. In the same way a Diamond Tiara belonging to Mrs Keppel was reset into a fantastic necklace, for her, by Charles once before...
They are hardly comparable to the jewels which she already owns. In fact, I agree with Muriel that they are not very attractive. If she is going to reconfigure anything, I would think her rubies would be top of the list.

The wealth of this demi-parure lies in its historic provenance and any messing around would render it worthless in both historic and monetary terms. Being estimated to be worth £2,500 - £3,000 is not a lot and does not reflect any great quality of its constituent parts. A decent short string of pearls is worth more and as a token of love, it hardly reflects any great value on the recipient.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Not a favorite. The cross looks like something an Archbishop would wear.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It is quite interesting all these rumors...

What is the provenance of this piece and the diamond tiara that Alice supposedly owned?

Where are the contemporary accounts of Alice wearing or owning these jewelry? Where are the photographs?

Contemporary information, description and photos of jewelry owned or worn by Alice does not match any of these supposed jewelry.

Interestingly, contemporary description of a tiara worn by Alice is similar to the tiara worn by, her sister-in-law, Susan Townley.

Alice was known to borrow jewelry.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That 'honking great blue/green blob' has such an amazing colour! Imo the yellow golden setting frames the colour of the stone perfectly, giving it more intensity than a setting loaded with white diamonds could to.

Exactly!! The quality of that beyond exquisite Aquamarine would be lost in any setting other than a Gold one. I feel the same about Peridots. Yes, they're pretty in a Silver/Platinum setting, but in a Gold setting? Stunning!!

Quote:

If the stories of him keeping an ear out for whenever any jewelry given by Edward VII to Alice Keppel are true, then he very may have tried to win these at the Auction. While I don't really care for the Earrings, I do like the Necklace. As someone has already said, that would look amazing w/Camilla's velvet gowns. JMO of course. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app