The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes I'm not keen on the necklace on Camiila, as has been said it, appears to weigh her down with diamonds ( a nice problem). I'd like to see it worn differently rather than the exposed neckline.

I'd love to see Camilla wear the two longest necklaces over a higher necked gown

Old 06-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

It takes a strong and elegant neck to rock a necklace like that and Camilla just don't pull it off, IMO. Although, none of it stops her from wearing it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
I'd love to see Camilla wear the two longest necklaces over a higher necked gown
Preferrably not. Such bijoux should be worn on skin. Look at this and shudder.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

Oh that photograph of the Queen was very much of its time! I think a long necklace over a higher neckline is eminently suitable.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:06 AM
Majesty

I would love to see Camilla wear the Greville three string necklace on its own sometime.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Here on this picture you see the Duchess of Wellington (HRH Princess Antonia of Prussia) with a magnificent collier, on her turn almost overpowering the Duchess of Cornwall standing aside her... However the collier of the Duchess of Wellington became fussed with the neckline of the (beautiful) gown. There are examples with success, I know, but in general the best result is when colliers are worn how it is meant: on skin.

On this picture you see how Queen Margrethe made sure that the cut of her gown would leave room for her collier. Queen Silvia also does the same. The usually so stylish Princess Caroline of Monaco really blurred her Cartier Tutti Frutti collier with her gown, while Princess Máxima had more success with wearing how it should be worn.

Maybe the Duchess of Cornwall should only wear the three-strand version of the Greville collier, esthetically more pleasing, I think, less a diamond breastplate look.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Here on this picture you see the Duchess of Wellington (HRH Princess Antonia of Prussia) with a magnificent collier, on her turn almost overpowering the Duchess of Cornwall standing aside her... However the collier of the Duchess of Wellington became fussed the neckline of the (beautiful gown). There are examples with success, I know, but in general the best result is when colliers are worn how it is meant: on skin.

On this picture you see how Queen Margrethe made sure that the cut of her gown would leave room for her collier. Queen Silvia also does the same. The usually so stylish Princess Caroline of Monaco really blurred her Cartier Tutti Frutti collier with her gown, while Princess Máxima had more success with wearing how it should be worn.

Maybe the Duchess of Cornwall should only wear the three-strand version of the Greville collier, esthetically more pleasing, I think, less a diamond breastplate look.
I agree with that. The general is the colliers always must wore on the skin. The colliers on the gown i think they don't look at all.
The collier of Camilla is very beutiful but just something to all jewels they don't much.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh dear . . . I did I'd rather I hadn't. You are absolutely correct such bijoux should only be worn against skin.

But I will be happy if Camilla continues to fly the flag. Not every time is a winner but I think she'll get around that as she acquires more gowns to compliment her jewellery.

But the notion of wearing jewellery over fabric, is like fingernails on a chalkboard, not happening. (Is there a shuddering smiley anywhere?) The only exception would be if it was "Twinset and Pearls" occasion!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

The dress was designed for the necklace.

If she wore only the bottom two strands there would too much skin showing from the top. If she wore only the three top strands the neckline would be too low for the necklace.

IMO, this recent wearing of the dress, Greville necklace and tiara is an improvement over the 2007 Uganda outing.

The dress appears to have been refitted as there is less space between the bottom of the necklace to the top of the cut in the neckline.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looked fine.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
I think she looked fine.
I agree, I thought she looked fine!
Old 07-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla has a new brooch. Maybe a birthday gift.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7409488649.jpg
Old 07-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Is that a bee?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Yes it is a bee.

She should have worn one of her butterfly brooches to match the dress.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree about that. This brooch i don't think i like it.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

I think it's adorable!!!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lily of the valley brooch and a necklace with a tiny horseshoe pendant.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:08 AM
Majesty

Reader Mailbag: Camilla's Pearl Chokers | The Court Jeweller

She has a beautiful collection. My overall favorite is the pink topaz. It's absolutely stunning.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful and big collection. My favorite is the geometric diamond clasp.
I love it
Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Reader Mailbag: Camilla's Pearl Chokers | The Court Jeweller

She has a beautiful collection. My overall favorite is the pink topaz. It's absolutely stunning.
She does, indeed, have a great collection. She also has a newer, art-deco choker in sapphires and diamonds.

Closed Thread