Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the brooch / choker look lovely as they are. I am not sure the diamonds were added later, and even if they were, they look great and add "meat" to the bone.

:previous: I agree and wouldn't change the jewel. It's just perfect as it is and the design seem quite balanced to me.

I think the brooch / choker look lovely as they are. I am not sure the diamonds were added later, and even if they were, they look great and add "meat" to the bone.
:previous: I agree and wouldn't change the jewel. It's just perfect as it is and the design seem quite balanced to me.
In the final analysis, I believe you are both right. The clasp has gravitas in its own right as the most beautiful centerpiece of Camilla's premier pearl choker.

I've never seen those pink topaz earrings before; they're really lovely. And it was a wonderful color combination with that silvery gray gown. Well done, Camilla!

I would take the pink topaz with diamonds any day of the week over sapphires or emeralds. Everything for me depends on the color of the stone, I love the warmth of rubies as they can really show well as does the pink topaz. Ladies you all can have those blue/green gem stones as I will take the reds, purples, pinks and creamy pearls.:)

That is a nice harmonious set the Swedes own.

I would however remove the teardrops and make another set.

The first set would then be a necklace with two oval/round brooches.

The second set would be the brooch which would consist of the three teardrops, the leaves and the triangle diamond. The two smaller teardrop on the necklace would become earrings and the middle would become a pendant.

The teardrops on the necklace appears to be detachable as do the center of the brooch.

Last edited:
The set appears to have had several additions over the years.

Although the base of the earring look like a later addition and are not an exact match to the filigree of the brooch, the colors match.

The extra ring of diamond are white and do not match.

IMO, the set started out as a topaz with just one row of diamonds in both the brooch & earrings.

Then they added the base to the earrings and did the filigree on the brooch.

The wire around the filigree and the white diamonds were probably added much later. They look new and stand out.

I 'removed' the extra row of diamonds from the brooch and I think it looks much better. (Not a good photoshop job so cannot post picture.)

Well, most of us like it, altered or not. Nothing about the set offends my eye, nor a number of others here.
Maybe you can talk the DOC into having a forensic jeweler take a look at the back/settings and assay the metals to prove your theory?

I would take the pink topaz with diamonds any day of the week over sapphires or emeralds. Everything for me depends on the color of the stone, I love the warmth of rubies as they can really show well as does the pink topaz. Ladies you all can have those blue/green gem stones as I will take the reds, purples, pinks and creamy pearls.:)

Thanks. I'll happily take all the greens. I wouldn't mind a nice diamond or two to set them off. Someone else can have the blues. :lol:

Camilla looked great in her tiara, choker and earrings. I just wish she would explore other tiara's though.

Wow! Gorgeous! :flowers: Has anyone ever worn them altogether? Or individual pieces?

I did a google search for I remembered that when Crown Princess Victoria got married she wore the set with a light lavender gown, she looked gorgeous. I hope I can post the picture here, not sure of how this works yet. On the back of her gown the brooch holds the blue ribbon in place. That picture got lost somewhere in the internet land.

It's a very nice set indeed.

Her jewels are nice, but Camilla just don't carry big necklaces off very well, IMO.

Her jewels are nice, but Camilla just don't carry big necklaces off very well, IMO.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this :flowers::flowers:.

If Camilla can't carry off the ruby or the Greville, which royal lady do you think could?

Last edited:
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this :flowers::flowers:.

If Camilla can't carry off the ruby or the Greville, which royal lady do you think could?

I think it takes a strong elegant neck to pull it off. On Camilla, it appears to be dragging her neck down. Now, that may be due to her being an older woman, but I just don't think she have the collarbones to support those necklaces. I think she carry off the pearl chokers extremely well. Also the single strand necklaces. The multiple strand diamond necklaces just don't hang her well, IMO. It's like she's forcing herself to look nice in those grand necklaces, when the look suppose to look effortless and elegant.

:previous: But there is no difference between how the large necklaces (she has chosen to wear) and the chokers sit on her neck. :huh: Take a look. The only difference is the large necklaces cover more of the front of her neck. "Collarbones to support those necklaces" have nothing to do with the necklaces she chooses.

"It's like she's forcing herself to look nice in those grand necklaces" is a suspicious comment imo. I rarely enter the fray in this way but I have to say it. Camilla is the wife of an heir, one day to be Queen. Her role demands a certain measure of grandness in dress. We all know enough about Camilla to guess that her preference is 'wellies' and kicking back in the country.

Camilla is not young. I think she knows that and is not attempting to appear anything but her age. Because she is older does not mean she cannot look grand, which she does when the occasion demands, and to good effect. She likely dresses the way good advisors recommend.

Last edited:
:previous: But there is no difference between how the large necklaces (she has chosen to wear) and the chokers sit on her neck. :huh: Take a look. The only difference is the large necklaces cover more of the front of her neck. "Collarbones to support those necklaces" have nothing to do with the necklaces she chooses.

"It's like she's forcing herself to look nice in those grand necklaces" is a suspicious comment imo. I rarely enter the fray in this way but I have to say it. Camilla is the wife of an heir, one day to be Queen. Her role demands a certain measure of grandness in dress. We all know enough about Camilla to guess that her preference is 'wellies' and kicking back in the country.

Camilla is not young. I think she knows that and is not attempting to appear anything but her age. Because she is older does not mean she cannot look grand, which she does when the occasion demands, and to good effect. She likely dresses the way good advisors recommend.

There's nothing wrong with Camilla wearing grand jewels, I'm just saying that those large necklaces don't hang nicely on her. It always appear as if the necklaces are pulling her shoulders and neck down, and give her a droppy appearance. Her pearl chokers hang beautifully on her. I'm not saying that she shouldn't wear such things, but the gravity of the multiple stranded diamond necklaces just don't hang well on her. That's all.

I think it takes a strong elegant neck to pull it off. On Camilla, it appears to be dragging her neck down. Now, that may be due to her being an older woman, but I just don't think she have the collarbones to support those necklaces. I think she carry off the pearl chokers extremely well. Also the single strand necklaces. The multiple strand diamond necklaces just don't hang her well, IMO. It's like she's forcing herself to look nice in those grand necklaces, when the look suppose to look effortless and elegant.

There's nothing wrong with Camilla wearing grand jewels, I'm just saying that those large necklaces don't hang nicely on her. It always appear as if the necklaces are pulling her shoulders and neck down, and give her a droppy appearance. Her pearl chokers hang beautifully on her. I'm not saying that she shouldn't wear such things, but the gravity of the multiple stranded diamond necklaces just don't hang well on her. That's all.

I strongly agreed with your comments that are in blue, especially the ones bolded. However I disagree with your comments that are in red.

Camilla's collar bone and shoulders make these very large necklace look like they are weighing her down. This is due to the dresses. If the dresses reveal less of the protruding shoulders and collar bone the necklaces would 'sit' better.

Camilla look very elegant with her long neck.

IMO, she is not forcing herself but being forced to wear these larger grand necklaces. We see Camilla in the most formal of setting wearing her pearl chokers rather than grand necklaces.

She should have her gowns recut and make the neckline much smaller to reveal less of her shoulders.

The Queen in the aquamarine necklace.
https://theroyalpost.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/qebrazilparure.jpg

Camilla in Greville diamonds and dress.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/08/article-2321219-19ADE43E000005DC-944_306x423.jpg

Camilla in a grand necklace that does not weigh her down.
http://i58.tinypic.com/rwo41g.jpg

I strongly agreed with your comments that are in blue, especially the ones bolded. However I disagree with your comments that are in red.

Camilla's collar bone and shoulders make these very large necklace look like they are weighing her down. This is due to the dresses. If the dresses reveal less of the protruding shoulders and collar bone the necklaces would 'sit' better.

IMO, she is not forcing herself but being forced to wear these larger grand necklaces. We see Camilla in the most formal of setting wearing her pearl chokers rather than grand necklaces.

She should have her gowns recut and make the neckline much smaller to reveal less of her shoulders.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/08/article-2321219-19ADE43E000005DC-944_306x423.jpg

You really see a big difference in those two pictures, Queen Camilla. Thanks for posting them. I see the dresses neckline really do matter. I'm surprised some folks don't notice this little problem.

camilla wore her lovely butterfly brooch today

Holy Wow!! Could not have asked for a better example of just how much a different neckline can make when it comes to wearing grand pieces than that!! Thanks for putting that together for us. :)

I'm also surprised no one has pointed it out to Camilla. The way her collarbones are shaped now, to me and this is JMO, not only do the those grand necklaces look like they're weighing her down, but w/necklines like that dress, it also looks like that dress will be slipping off at any second sadly. I know it's an optical illusion, but the impression of it happening is there when Camilla goes for a look like that top picture and it's such a shame too, as it doesn't need to happen and all thanks to a simple change in the neckline.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It's now time to close this thread. The next thread can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom