The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I changed it to brooch/clasp.

It is possible the pearls and clasp are a married piece and not original.
The clasp may have started out its life as a brooch or it may still be a brooch that Camilla showcases in her choker.
Quite possibly. The clasp on her other, smaller diamond choker did indeed start out life as a brooch and was converted to a choker by Camilla. I saw pictures from a brochure for an auction that had this brooch / choker, as well as the pink sapphire / tourmaline brooch that makes up her other lovely choker. The catalogue was in the comments section of a post on the Order of Sartorial Splendor blog a few months ago.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Also it is very rare to see a British royal at a white tie and tiara event. I had no idea that this dress code is still used on events like this.
It is very rare indeed. I do not think I have ever seen Camilla in a tiara at anything other a state event, other than the two times (in 2007 and 2013) when she wore them at the CHOGM dinners in Kampala and Colombo respectively.

Quote:
I love to see the Duchess wearing this tiara again, it is a rare sight and never comes out at State Banquets.

Indeed. Of the two times that we have seen pictures of Camilla wearing the Shand tiara to the Diplomatic receptions, the pictures have never been great. I think this is probably the time it has looked best.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla looked great, and it was nice to see her in her regal gear. It's a rare sight now though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is very rare indeed. I do not think I have ever seen Camilla in a tiara at anything other a state event, other than the two times (in 2007 and 2013) when she wore them at the CHOGM dinners in Kampala and Colombo respectively.
Plus the farewell banquet hosted by Queen Beatrix in the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam. She looked amazing and it was the best hairdo with the Boucheron Honeycomb-motif Diamond Diadem
Old 06-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla unveiling statue of Tara the elephant wearing an elephant brooch.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...4026954145.jpg

She is also wearing a rarely seen simple pearl necklace.
Under the pearl necklace, she is wearing a gold chain with a pendant.
The gold chain & pendant might be her new everyday necklace.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Majesty

This is one of the best shots of Camilla's engagement ring I have ever seen.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...4026688205.jpg
Old 06-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was lovely seeing Camilla in a tiara at a function other than the state banquets and diplomatic functions. I wonder if she is starting a new phase of more tiara wearing - I can imagine that Charles might like this and we certainly do :)
Old 06-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Truly one of my favorite engagement rings.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:19 AM
Majesty

HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
His Grace The Duke of Wellington
Her Grace The Duchess of Wellington

The one Duchess stunning in the Greville diadem and two colliers (one with two and one with three rows of glittering diamonds). The other Duchess witha nice diadem and -often not seen these days- long white gloves.

Picture.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
His Grace The Duke of Wellington
Her Grace The Duchess of Wellington

The one Duchess stunning in the Greville diadem and two colliers (one with two and one with three rows of glittering diamonds). The other Duchess witha nice diadem and -often not seen these days- long white gloves.

Picture.
I thought Camilla looked stunning!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's a lovely picture. Camilla demonstrates big jewels can be worn with panache. My only disappointment is that is that I think she wore the exact same combination of necklace/tiara when she wore this gown previously in Uganda. I do like to see a fresh take on presenting these major pieces together, but I guess why change a winning combination
Old 06-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

The color of that gown is divine!! Love it with all those beautiful diamonds!!!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

I wasn't a fan of this the last time she wore this combo, and i'm not a fan of it know. It's too much, and they aren't even pretty jewels.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, that's already the second time this year that we unexpectedly see the Duchess of Cornwall at an tiara event that is neithe a State Banquet nor the Diplomatic Reception. Are tiaras having a renaissance in Britain?
Camilla wears those big jewels with her usual panache and looks absolutely great. This pic shows her stunning earrings better:
Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall attends The Duke of Wellington's... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Old 06-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
It's too much, and they aren't even pretty jewels.
Lets agree to disagree
Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Wow! Stunning, tiara, stunning necklace, stunning every piec eof jewelery!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Wow, that's already the second time this year that we unexpectedly see the Duchess of Cornwall at an tiara event that is neithe a State Banquet nor the Diplomatic Reception. Is white tie having a renaissance in Britain?
Camilla wears those big jewels with her usual panache and looks absolutely great. This pic shows her stunning earrings better:
Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall attends The Duke of Wellington's... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
Given these two unexpected tiara outings, in 2015, Camilla could end up having at least 6 tiara outings. That must be a first for her.

The 6 potential outings this year include 2 state banquets, State Opening of Parliament, Royal Academy, Wellington celebration dinner and the annual BP diplomatic reception.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla like to take a lot of inspiration from the late Queen Mother in her fashion (much to Charles's satisfaction). I just wish she would change up the necklace to maybe a strand or two. It's just too much for her neckline and appear to drag her down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Given these two unexpected tiara outings, in 2015, Camilla could end up having at least 6 tiara outings. That must be a first for her.

The 6 potential outings this year include 2 state banquets, State Opening of Parliament, Royal Academy, Wellington celebration dinner and the annual BP diplomatic reception.
She is definitely stepping up her game in looking the part of a Consort. It's a very rare thing for any of the British royal women, except for The Queen.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She is definitely stepping up her game in looking the part of a Consort. It's a very rare thing for any of the British royal women, except for The Queen.
> I don't think it is really a question of stepping up her game, these two white events came up, so she pulled her tiara on.

> I think there is a slightly different point. After c7 years of depressed economic times, the economic climate and general mood appears to be improving in the UK. I think that is why Camilla is starting to pull out the bigger pieces again. In the first 2-3 years of her marriage, she wore a number of serious pieces, and then by late 2008, she stopped, retreating to a few favourites. More recently, she has been seen with a few interesting pieces (butterfly brooches, the ruby demi-parure, and now, the Greville collier). I hope this streak continues, and she continues to go "big" in public.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Beautiful earrings , beautiful tiara but this necklace i hate it. Why Camilla wore only this tiara ? or i have wrong?

Closed Thread