The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

IMO, the emerald and sapphire necklaces are not huge. Only the ruby necklaces are huge and these can be easily broken down into several necklaces.

The 1st ruby necklace was only wore once and that was 8 years ago.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've just had to delete and edit more than a dozen posts discussing things other than the Duchess of Cornwall's jewelry. Please remember that this thread is not about low necklines, wrinkles, push-up bras, what is or isn't vulgar and comparisons to other royals. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Did the Duchess of Cornwall attend the state banquet in honour of the Mexican president and -if yes- are there any pictures of it? My thanks in advance...
Old 03-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwall did attend indeed, hard to say what diadem she wore but my bet is on the Boucheron honeycomb-motif diamond diadem.

See picture.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a somewhat better view of Duchess Camilla from Tumblr.

http://imageshack.com/a/img913/7093/Uy4nSy.gif
http://imageshack.com/a/img901/7945/pKTeZZ.gif
Old 03-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Here's a somewhat better view of Duchess Camilla from Tumblr.

http://imageshack.com/a/img913/7093/Uy4nSy.gif
http://imageshack.com/a/img901/7945/pKTeZZ.gif
She looks lovely. Anyone have any ideas on the brooch? The lighting in that room is so warm and lovely.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I am a bit disappointed, again the Boucheron honeycomb-motif diadem... The Duchess is showered with jewerly gifts (not always to our taste) but almost always wears the same diadem again and again.... Once the Delhi Durbar, twice her own family's heirloom and for the rest in her royal life always the same....

It would be nice to see something new for a change.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
She looks lovely. Anyone have any ideas on the brooch? The lighting in that room is so warm and lovely.
The Duchess wore a small brooch on her shoulder to fasten the sash. For the rest she wore a four-strand pearl collier with central clasp, the riband and the breast star of the Royal Victorian Order, and her badge from the Royal Family Order.

See videostill.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am a bit disappointed, again the Boucheron honeycom-motif diadem... The Duchess is showered with jewerly gifts (no always to our taste) but almost always wears the same diadem again and again.... Once the Delhi Durbar, twice her own family's heirloom and for the rest in her royal life always the same.... Here a videostill.

I think those are the tiara's that's in her possession and that she like the most. She hasn't worn the Delhi Durbar tiara for a while now.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess wore a small brooch on her shoulder to fasten the sash. For the rest she wore a four-strand pearl collier with central clasp, the riband and the breast star of the Royal Victorian Order, and her badge from the Royal Family Order.

See videostill.
Thanks - most of you have much more imaging capability than I do. I knew it should be the family order - but could not discern the yellow ribbon with my resolution. So - thanks, thanks.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It seems that the Boucheron is destined to be her standard tiara. There doesn't seem to be much chance to see her wearing anything else while she's still DoCornwall. Somehow the the wearing of the Dhurbar has turned out to be an one-time exception, and the Shand tiara only comes out for the diplomatic receptions when there are no photo options planned. So we're lucky if we get paparazzi pic throught the car window once in a while.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

For now, I think she looks spectacular in the Boucheron! And there will be time for tiaras aplenty in the future.

Patience, we all need more patience.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure Camilla's limit on tiara's have much to do with her position, but more to do with which of the tiara's are her favorite and most comfortable to wear. She seem to really like and feel comfortable with the Boucheron Honeycomb tiara and once in a while, the Shand tiara. I'm sure there are many other jewels she could pick from if she wanted to.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla looks splendid. Some variety would be nice but I like her in that tiara.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:

See videostill.

Hmmm, I love her pearl choker and I love her pearl earrings but they have become her "go to" jewels for just about everything! She certainly wore the same earrings, she invariably does, and I am almost sure, the exact same choker to Chinatown, London on the 19th and again when meeting the Mexican President and his wife. And just in case we didn't get it, she wore it to the State Dinner as well.

Now I know I am just being cranky, but come on Camilla, you have more than a few lovely jewels in your little vault so why don't you throw us a few bones. I'd even settle for the amethyst or aquamarine pearl chokers, anything but the same old, same old. Oh good grief, whoever thought that any one of those chokers would bore me to tears, but really, "morning, noon and night time, right around the clock time . . . . . "
Old 03-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness

I believe she is wearing her dressy choker and not her everyday choker.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: A Few of Camilla's Sparkliest Things

The round one worn with the green dress is her everyday. The oval one worn with the white outfit is her special occasion choker.

The strands of pearls in her oval clasp choker, lay flat on each other.
Her daytime, round clasp choker, the pearl strands are not even.

IMO, most of her outfits would look better with a single strand pearl necklace.

She needs a few single strand pearl necklaces.

A 17 inch, a 18 inch, 20 and a graduated pearl necklace.

The Queen needs to lend her some of Queen Mary's pearls since Camilla only has a few. (Camilla can exchange the pear ruby necklace and the Saudi ruby necklace for some pearl necklaces.)

Her chokers need to put away for a few months and only worn once or twice a year.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I am a bit disappointed, again the Boucheron honeycomb-motif diadem... The Duchess is showered with jewerly gifts (not always to our taste) but almost always wears the same diadem again and again.... Once the Delhi Durbar, twice her own family's heirloom and for the rest in her royal life always the same....

> The Bouch is her signature tiara, and she is not about to change it.

> The Durbar has only been worn once, and I just don't think it is going to be used again in a hurry. Given that it was used for the Delhui durbar, it might be a slightly emotive point for the c2 million people of South Asian extraction in the UK. As a community, they are increasingly prosperous and influential, and I doubt the BRF would do anything to upset them.

> I also just don't think Camilla is particularly fond of wearing jewels. Quite like HM, she considers them part of the job. How else would you explain that she has not worn any serious jewels for many years now. The collet has not been worn since March 2009, the Greville 5 strand only once, the emeralds not since Autumn 2010.... the list goes on. Only the simple diamond necklace, the serpent necklace and the chokers get used regularly. Most of her recent ball gowns from Oldfield have a high neck and no necklace is required.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
IMO, most of her outfits would look better with a single strand pearl necklace.

She needs a few single strand pearl necklaces.

A 12 inch, a 14 inch and a graduated pearl necklace.

The Queen needs to lend her some of Queen Mary's pearls since Camilla only has a few. (Camilla can exchange the pear ruby necklace and the Saudi ruby necklace for some pearl necklaces.)

Her chokers need to put away for a few months and only worn once or twice a year.
She actually has at least 2 single string earl necklaces that she uses regularly.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:47 AM
Royal Highness

IMO, the single strand pearl necklaces that she currently wear are not appropriate for evening.

AFAIK, she has a single strand pearl with very large pearls. She also has the casual one with a large pearl in the center. This one has a golden tone.

IMO, she needs a few 7-8MM single strands in 17 inches, 18 inches and 20 inches long and a gradulated necklace 20 inches long.

Pearl Necklace Length - The Pearl Source
Old 03-05-2015, 05:00 AM
Royal Highness

These are the only two pearl necklaces that I have seen her wear.

Large pearl
http://img.theepochtimes.com/n3/eet-...27-674x961.jpg

golden pearl with large pearl in the center
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/201...olie-0-600.jpg

Closed Thread