The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
It looks to be a new necklace as the old necklace's rubies are shaped differently.

Here's the older ruby and diamond necklace with oval shaped rubies rather than the pear shaped of the
new necklace.

http://i57.tinypic.com/xoo7c1.jpg
I thought it was a reworked version at first as well but as you say, the shape is different. Probably new. Charles was in the middle east recently, you know :P

Old 02-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Mmm wonder if Charles bought that back from his recent tour ? I find it completely over the top and don't like it at all.
" Less is more " IMO
Usually I'd agree with you as I'm very much a "less is more" kind of person but somehow, this look all pulls together for me. Kind of reminiscent of the days gone by when galas and premieres were times of bringing out the very best one has and dressing to the "nines".

Camilla is a person that can pull off wearing the serious bling and the larger tiaras and I like seeing her in them.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Nobility

i think it's a new necklace , the rubies here are not the same in the old one.
i like the way camilla wear jewels , she duzzle !
Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
The necklace and earrings are absolutely breathtaking! Just utterly exquisite and a beautiful color.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Usually I'd agree with you as I'm very much a "less is more" kind of person but somehow, this look all pulls together for me. Kind of reminiscent of the days gone by when galas and premieres were times of bringing out the very best one has and dressing to the "nines".

Camilla is a person that can pull off wearing the serious bling and the larger tiaras and I like seeing her in them.

I would really like to know the story behind this necklace. Old ? Or new? I'm not feeling the love for it at all

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The necklace is nice, but I just don't think Camilla carries off necklaces like that very well. I think she looks better in single strands rather than multiple rows.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-17-2015, 06:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I would really like to know the story behind this necklace. Old ? Or new? I'm not feeling the love for it at all

Camilla really don't pull off large necklaces like that, IMO. I think she looks good in single rows of diamonds, etc.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Courtier

The rubies are lovely but I do not like this necklace on Camilla. The length is too long and takes the eye too far down to her cleavage which IMO should be covered up way more. If it were only one strand if say fine, but this necklace is too long.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

She needs the large necklaces etc to cover the wrinkles around her neck. Otherwise she needs to wear dresses that cover that area.

She wears the large necklaces quite well.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
" Less is more "
IMO that is not what is expected, or required from the spouse of the Heir to the Throne, at a CELEBRATORY Gala occasion...

The Duchess looks terrific, and like other guests she 'dressed to the nines'...
Old 02-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

To me the design of the necklace is a clear reference, and tribute to India.. the setting for the film premiered tonight..

I wonder if its an old jewel from the days of the Raj, hauled out of the BP vaults and dusted off for the occasion ?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
A bit much, to say the least ...

Why a bit much ? Yes the necklace is grandiose in design, but if the wife of the heir to the British Throne can't wear such jewellery who can !?!
As jewellery enthusiasts we should be applauding the appearance of such a parure of rubies; necklace, fabulous earrings and bracelet.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

I know what I want next Valentine's Day. Would anyone here be willing to talk to my husband?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
IMO that is not what is expected, or required from the spouse of the Heir to the Throne, at a CELEBRATORY Gala occasion...

The Duchess looks terrific, and like other guests she 'dressed to the nines'...

IMO it is way over the top.
Doesn't suit her age brings up the old line of mutton etc
Although to be truthful I wouldn't like it on anyone
It's not elegant which is what I would expect from the wife of the heir.
But as always MO

Old 02-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Why a bit much ? Yes the necklace is grandiose in design, but if the wife of the heir to the British Throne can't wear such jewellery who can !?!
As jewellery enthusiasts we should be applauding the appearance of such a parure of rubies; necklace, fabulous earrings and bracelet.
It's a matter of personnal taste, i don't think these "big guns" suit her very well, like the other infamous ruby necklace and the Greenvile diamond one.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
To me the design of the necklace is a clear reference, and tribute to India.. the setting for the film premiered tonight..

I wonder if its an old jewel from the days of the Raj, hauled out of the BP vaults and dusted off for the occasion ?
You could be right, it definitely has an Indian feel about it. I really don't mind Camilla wearing this sort of necklace, I'd rather it were worn than hidden away never to be seen.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Now that's true, we should applaud Camilla for even bringing these jewels, because the British royals usually look scared to wear jewels. I just don't think a necklace with several strands suits Camilla.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-17-2015, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Dont know if it's true, but I read on another site that it's a re set of the infamous ruby breastplate. If so, I much prefer this iteration. The dress a great color on her.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Dont know if it's true, but I read on another site that it's a re set of the infamous ruby breastplate. If so, I much prefer this iteration. The dress a great color on her.
It's not. The shape of the rubies is very different and they can't be reshaped to these rubies because they are to large to have been remade from the old ones.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

A couple of posts containing personal attacks have been deleted as they were disruptive to the conversation.