The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Hmm, I think Muriel has the right of it. Bottom line: she has no need to rotate the clasps. However, as KA has observed, presentation pieces wouldn't be interchangeable.

So while her pearl necklaces are such a variety of size, colour and length, on the whole it seems unlikely that the clasps are swapped around. However, Scooter is right on the money with her query on versatility. The maginificent Aquamarine clasp is reportedly able to be detached and used as a brooch.

Artemisia's Royal Jewels: Focus on... Camilla's Jewels: Pearl and Aquamarine Choker
I have never seen the aquamarine clasp used as a brooch though.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Majesty

Me neither, but much as I would love to see it, Camilla seems to be in no rush and apperars to be busily acquiring more brooches as well.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:47 AM
Nobility

I have a question about the jewels that Camilla has received on official visits. I'm thinking, for example, of the ruby, sapphire and emerald necklaces she received during her trips to the Middle East.

Am I right in saying that these are considered personal gifts and, therefore, hers to do with as she pleases on her death? I would assume then that her children would likely inherit them in that case.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I have a question about the jewels that Camilla has received on official visits. I'm thinking, for example, of the ruby, sapphire and emerald necklaces she received during her trips to the Middle East.

Am I right in saying that these are considered personal gifts and, therefore, hers to do with as she pleases on her death? I would assume then that her children would likely inherit them in that case.
No - Since a number of years there is a regulation that Jewels given on official Visits etc. will go to the Royal Collection. Camilla has the use of it for as Dcuhess of Cornwall and later as Queen but after her death the will go the the Royal Collection. Think this would also happen in the case of a divorce but not sure.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I have never seen the aquamarine clasp used as a brooch though.
Quote:
Me neither, but much as I would love to see it, Camilla seems to be in no rush and apperars to be busily acquiring more brooches as well.
All of which only reconfirms my view that whilst, in theory, it may be possible to interchange clasps and pearl strings for the various chokers, in practice, that is not the case.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post

Current regulations notwithstanding, I would be surprised if Camilla's children inherited jewels that she acquired in an official capacity. They may receive some of her personal jewels though.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Nobility

Thank you, Stefan and Muriel. I'm quite relieved that these items will stay with the monarch. Camilla has an amazing private jewellery collection so I would assume much of that will go to her children (as it should).

I'd love to see someone do something with that ruby breastplate in the future. With a bit of creative thinking, it could be turned into a really amazing tiara.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
No - Since a number of years there is a regulation that Jewels given on official Visits etc. will go to the Royal Collection. Camilla has the use of it for as Dcuhess of Cornwall and later as Queen but after her death the will go the the Royal Collection. Think this would also happen in the case of a divorce but not sure.
I think this is a really fuzzy area because gifts are officially exchanged between the host and the guest respectively. These are usually accompanied by photos and handshakes, etc.

However, what happens when the host bestows a personal gift of jewellery as a belated wedding present, birthday, etc. We have no way of knowing what changes hands then and I am not so sure that we need to. I mean, it's kind of bad ettiquette for the giver to read the full description of their gift, and it's monetary value, on a public list.

Hmm.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Gifts presented on official events, ie a visit to Saudi Arabia - the gifts are not personal. They have the use in their lifetime and then are returned to the monarch as stated by other posts.

Wedding and birthday gifts - even from Heads of State - are personal and could be kept.

All gifts returned to the monarch following the death of the original recipient are not liable for death duties; bequests to family and friends are liable.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Majesty

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall at Dowager Duchess of Devonshire funeral | Daily Mail Online

Camilla was wearing a turquoise brooch when she went to the funeral of the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. Has this ben seen previously? Any thoughts as to its provenance?
Old 10-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Royal Highness

It looks like a shamrock. I was also wondering if this was new as I have never seen it before.

Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall attends the funeral of Deborah... News Photo 456519920 | Getty Images
Old 10-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall at Dowager Duchess of Devonshire funeral | Daily Mail Online

Camilla was wearing a turquoise brooch when she went to the funeral of the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. Has this ben seen previously? Any thoughts as to its provenance?
Camilla wore this brooch before
http://f17.ifotki.info/org/ca5256267...5195076282.jpg
Old 10-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Royal Highness

Spheno,
Any idea when & where she previously wore this brooch?

Thanks for the picture.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:06 AM
Majesty

Camilla Parker Bowles Pictures - Man Booker Awards Dinner - Zimbio

The serpent necklace and wedding earrings re-emerged after some time when Camilla presented the Booker Prizes last night
Old 10-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

This Pinterest page shows a lot of Camilla's jewelry.

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall's Jewels on Pinterest
Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Royal Highness

Is the turquoise bracelet new?

I wonder if the bracelet and/or peacock brooches have any connection to her brother Mark. (photo from same day as visit to St Ronan School)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...ND_OCTOBER.JPG
Old 10-16-2014, 12:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
This Pinterest page shows a lot of Camilla's jewelry.

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall's Jewels on Pinterest
The photos are amazing but I don't remember seeing Camilla wearing the Mountbatten emeralds.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Is the turquoise bracelet new?

I wonder if the bracelet and/or peacock brooches have any connection to her brother Mark. (photo from same day as visit to St Ronan School)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...ND_OCTOBER.JPG
The brooches have been used on a number of occasions previously, though I am not sure of any link to Mark Shand.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The photos are amazing but I don't remember seeing Camilla wearing the Mountbatten emeralds.
I think the Mountbatten emeralds are being confused with what we know as the Saudi emerald and diamond demi-parure. Other than this Pinterest, I have never seen Camilla wear the Mountbatten emeralds, nor have I ever read anything linking Charles or Camilla to them.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Majesty

Good to know, thanks Muriel. Bye the bye, I think they are so much lovelier than the Saudi set which isn't exactly chopped liver either.