Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm not keen on the necklace on Camiila, as has been said it, appears to weigh her down with diamonds ( a nice problem). I'd like to see it worn differently rather than the exposed neckline.

I'd love to see Camilla wear the two longest necklaces over a higher necked gown

It takes a strong and elegant neck to rock a necklace like that and Camilla just don't pull it off, IMO. Although, none of it stops her from wearing it.

I would love to see Camilla wear the Greville three string necklace on its own sometime.

Here on this picture you see the Duchess of Wellington (HRH Princess Antonia of Prussia) with a magnificent collier, on her turn almost overpowering the Duchess of Cornwall standing aside her... However the collier of the Duchess of Wellington became fussed with the neckline of the (beautiful) gown. There are examples with success, I know, but in general the best result is when colliers are worn how it is meant: on skin.

On this picture you see how Queen Margrethe made sure that the cut of her gown would leave room for her collier. Queen Silvia also does the same. The usually so stylish Princess Caroline of Monaco really blurred her Cartier Tutti Frutti collier with her gown, while Princess Máxima had more success with wearing how it should be worn.

Maybe the Duchess of Cornwall should only wear the three-strand version of the Greville collier, esthetically more pleasing, I think, less a diamond breastplate look.

Last edited:
Here on this picture you see the Duchess of Wellington (HRH Princess Antonia of Prussia) with a magnificent collier, on her turn almost overpowering the Duchess of Cornwall standing aside her... However the collier of the Duchess of Wellington became fussed the neckline of the (beautiful gown). There are examples with success, I know, but in general the best result is when colliers are worn how it is meant: on skin.

On this picture you see how Queen Margrethe made sure that the cut of her gown would leave room for her collier. Queen Silvia also does the same. The usually so stylish Princess Caroline of Monaco really blurred her Cartier Tutti Frutti collier with her gown, while Princess Máxima had more success with wearing how it should be worn.

Maybe the Duchess of Cornwall should only wear the three-strand version of the Greville collier, esthetically more pleasing, I think, less a diamond breastplate look.

I agree with that. The general is the colliers always must wore on the skin. The colliers on the gown i think they don't look at all.
The collier of Camilla is very beutiful but just something to all jewels they don't much.

Preferrably not. Such bijoux should be worn on skin. Look at this and shudder.
Oh dear . . . I did I'd rather I hadn't. You are absolutely correct such bijoux should only be worn against skin.

But I will be happy if Camilla continues to fly the flag. Not every time is a winner but I think she'll get around that as she acquires more gowns to compliment her jewellery.

But the notion of wearing jewellery over fabric, is like fingernails on a chalkboard, not happening. (Is there a shuddering smiley anywhere?) The only exception would be if it was "Twinset and Pearls" occasion! :lol:

The dress was designed for the necklace.

If she wore only the bottom two strands there would too much skin showing from the top. If she wore only the three top strands the neckline would be too low for the necklace.

IMO, this recent wearing of the dress, Greville necklace and tiara is an improvement over the 2007 Uganda outing.

The dress appears to have been refitted as there is less space between the bottom of the necklace to the top of the cut in the neckline.

Yes it is a bee.

She should have worn one of her butterfly brooches to match the dress.

I agree about that. This brooch i don't think i like it.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lily of the valley brooch and a necklace with a tiny horseshoe pendant.

Beautiful and big collection. My favorite is the geometric diamond clasp.
I love it :)

Camilla has beautiful brooches. And she knows how to wore them :)

:previous: I agree but I think it would actually work better as a choker/necklace:flowers:

I love that tiara. Its feminine to me.

:previous: I agree but I think it would actually work better as a choker/necklace:flowers:
I can't imagine this tiara as a choker. With the high middle part it must be very inconvenient, if not impossible, to be worn as a choker.

I find the floral pattern of the Cubitt-Shand tiara very appealing, but the high centre piece suddenly popping out in the middle looks odd. Maybe the design was originally meant to be worn as an aigrette with feathers? I'm not sure if that could explain the outline.

I love that tiara. Its feminine to me.
I agree with you Rubies, I think it is gorgeous. I also love that her daughter wore it on her wedding day as her mother did when she married her father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom